Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you go for?
10 0 0%
9 6 15.00%
8 13 32.50%
7 17 42.50%
6 1 2.50%
5 2 5.00%
4 0 0%
3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27 Mar 2022, 18:00 (Ref:4104506)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Grand Prix: Saudi Arabian Grand Prix 2022

What score do you go for?
Old 27 Mar 2022, 18:32 (Ref:4104522)   #2
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
8. i enjoyed it.
Old 27 Mar 2022, 18:38 (Ref:4104529)   #3
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Flat at times, with some of the cars a bit strung out. The Alpines brought a lot of the entertainment. The circuit is incredible and there was a battle and pass for the lead, both of which lifted it. 7 from me.
Old 27 Mar 2022, 19:03 (Ref:4104534)   #4
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Overall a good race, though it went a bit off the boil after the SC, though it all came alive in the last 5 laps, with another battle between Leclerc and Verstappen. 7

There wasn't the plethora of incidents and FCYs as was feared, so does Jeddah get a reprieve?
Old 27 Mar 2022, 19:08 (Ref:4104536)   #5
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Overall a good race, though it went a bit off the boil after the SC, though it all came alive in the last 5 laps, with another battle between Leclerc and Verstappen. 7

There wasn't the plethora of incidents and FCYs as was feared, so does Jeddah get a reprieve?
I hovered between 7 & 8, but rounded up to 8.

Given three existential threats - one close (concrete walls), one administrative (Niels) and one far away (missiles), it's funny how the drivers collectively managed to not hit things. Latifi notwithstanding, obviously.

It was actually a good race. They have each other room, mostly, they played by the rules, they policed themselves *and* there was some good racing to boot.

2022 is looking good!
Old 27 Mar 2022, 19:20 (Ref:4104539)   #6
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
7 for mine - some really good racing at times but not enough to make it something truly special.
Old 27 Mar 2022, 22:26 (Ref:4104560)   #7
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
I gave it an 8. Bahrain was a bit of a flat 6. I feel like this one picked up where Bahrain left off, and kept going till the end. I dare say if that was the final race of last season, it would be 10s across the board.
Old 27 Mar 2022, 22:52 (Ref:4104561)   #8
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Great start exciting finish.
Some unpredictable results and events.
Like any mid-log distance race of any form a bit flat midrace.
Great to see slipstreaming and passing and repassing
all in all good GP - 8
Old 28 Mar 2022, 05:32 (Ref:4104583)   #9
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seven for me, enjoyed the mid pack racing and the duel at the end.
Old 28 Mar 2022, 06:49 (Ref:4104588)   #10
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
The race was good, but loses marks for the strange cat and mouse thing where drivers did not want to be in the lead over the DRS line, and further marks lost for track layout safety concerns.
Old 28 Mar 2022, 07:27 (Ref:4104594)   #11
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
9!!!!!

Don't often rate any F1 race above 7!
Old 28 Mar 2022, 08:21 (Ref:4104605)   #12
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
gave it an 8, a very enjoyable race
Old 28 Mar 2022, 09:34 (Ref:4104617)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
7 for me on the highlights. Good finish.

Latifi must really be missing Mazepin. He looks woefully exposed now as not up to the task.
Old 28 Mar 2022, 10:10 (Ref:4104628)   #14
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
1. Because they should not be racing in a country with Saudi's human rights record. Didn't watch it for the same reason.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 28 Mar 2022, 12:57 (Ref:4104657)   #15
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a crap circuit. They've got to design circuits so that stricken cars can be removed easily and safely and, more importantly, quickly.

The cars are now able to race more closely which is good but I hate the DRS system. So artificial as is the rule that two types of tyre must be used.

I gave it a 7. It's so good to see the Ferraris up front. Charles seemed to enjoy the battle.

I agree with James H. They should not be racing in Saudi.
Old 28 Mar 2022, 14:14 (Ref:4104667)   #16
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I do hope that is the last race on that circuit. The lack of access to remove a car and the farcial situation of both cars breaking to avoid crossing the DRS line first.

Much preferred the Alpine action in the first few laps to the "after you" action near the end.

Old 28 Mar 2022, 18:02 (Ref:4104692)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
I do hope that is the last race on that circuit. The lack of access to remove a car and the farcical situation of both cars breaking to avoid crossing the DRS line first.
Yep. Interesting tactic (first time) by Leclerc, but unlike others, I don't find the prospect of tactically using the DRS in that way in the least bit exciting. Been there, seen it, got the t-shirt.
Old 28 Mar 2022, 20:35 (Ref:4104715)   #18
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, having a race in a country that financed 9/11 and has brought all that pain, terror and death upon the world, and that also manage to rank in the top of the most awful human rights violations possible, that should wrong. Stop. Now.

Sadly we keep seeing F1 go to China and Turkey, so why should they not go to Hell^H^H^H^HSaudi Arabia as well?

Apart from that.

I still think this is the track where we will see a driver killed again.

Well...

It was entertaining, and I kind of hate it for it. See above.

But, there were action in multiple places in the field, and while the DRS is gimmicky, I liked to see Charles driving with his head. You could see multiple times he placed his car very carefully as well.

So, it was quite entertaining, even though I despair at seeing McLaren that far down the order. Maybe I should just settle in.

A very ambivalent 8.
Old 29 Mar 2022, 09:23 (Ref:4104754)   #19
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Drink

Thought it was a stunning race, gave it a nine.
Old 29 Mar 2022, 14:38 (Ref:4104795)   #20
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It was a good, but not great race, at least we had a decent battle for the lead, but DRS once again showed why it isn't something F1 should have. Gave it a 7.