Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 29 Jun 2022, 17:58 (Ref:4117509)   #501
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
And minutes later they release the calendar - which clashes with Test Day (for real this time) and probably Spa. You love to see it.
How many drivers could this impact? I suppose the test day can be skipped with permission if you have driven at Le Mans in the last couple of years, but Spa is a big loss. I'm sure replacement drivers could be sourced, but is that really what you want to do as a team preparing for Le Mans?
Old 29 Jun 2022, 19:34 (Ref:4117513)   #502
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvenom View Post
Speculation is De Vries is getting a spot next year:

https://the-race.com/formula-e/de-vr...023-programme/
I know it's speculation, but the speculation seemed pretty certain.
I wonder who's most at risk? I'd have to think Lopez would be the one to get the axe?
Old 29 Jun 2022, 21:23 (Ref:4117524)   #503
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
If de Vries gets the Toyota nod, you have to wonder if Toyota will do the same as Buemi and stipulate in his contract that WEC gets the priority. Which means if he has a FE clash and wants to do it, he'll have to get Toyota's blessing, or resign/don't take the contract offer.
Old 30 Jun 2022, 14:08 (Ref:4117587)   #504
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
And minutes later they release the calendar - which clashes with Test Day (for real this time) and probably Spa. You love to see it.

Long shot presumably but Spa could be last weekend of April (very much like in 2021 when the race was on Sat. May 1, 2023 would be Sat. April 29) although the race has never been held in April in recent history, or the second weekend in May.
Old 30 Jun 2022, 21:40 (Ref:4117635)   #505
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah they might need to move Spa to avoid an issue. That Monaco FE date will not be moveable once locked in.
Old 1 Jul 2022, 08:23 (Ref:4117681)   #506
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Yeah they might need to move Spa to avoid an issue. That Monaco FE date will not be moveable once locked in.
That's a good point considering how many FE drivers also do the WEC
Old 8 Jul 2022, 12:45 (Ref:4118653)   #507
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quite interesting piece on Toyota finally switching over to the mandated open diffs this weekend - https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...-major-change/
Old 8 Jul 2022, 13:54 (Ref:4118664)   #508
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Wow that could really bring Toyota closer to the rest of the class while in traffic
Old 11 Jul 2022, 05:13 (Ref:4119020)   #509
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
greenmachinets040 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
People!

how could Alpine have a stint lenght as the Toyotas???
I mean, it is ridiculous. It is unprecedented in Motorsport in the 21st century that Alpine was given a bigger tank behind the scenes? It is off the charts.

how come nobody realized they were going as long as the Toyotas and nobody made a comment about that?

I mean, come on, an LMP1 is leading the 2nd season of Hypercars and have a real chance of winning the Championship...
Old 11 Jul 2022, 08:08 (Ref:4119032)   #510
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Although I was pleased for the Alpine team, I agree that it is at least slightly absurd that we have a grandfathered LMP1 winning at Monza and with a good chance of beating Toyota to the championship.

The real disappointment for me is that I could still be wearing my 'Go Rebs!' t-shirt. Bart Hayden must be crying in his beer...... Rebellion could be winning instead of having some stickers on F1 cars.....
Old 11 Jul 2022, 08:13 (Ref:4119034)   #511
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Although I was pleased for the Alpine team, I agree that it is at least slightly absurd that we have a grandfathered LMP1 winning at Monza and with a good chance of beating Toyota to the championship.

The real disappointment for me is that I could still be wearing my 'Go Rebs!' t-shirt. Bart Hayden must be crying in his beer...... Rebellion could be winning instead of having some stickers on F1 cars.....
That is a key conspiracy point!
Would Rebellion have been allowed the same pace as a "manufacture", promising to bring a real hyper car at some point?

My opinion is that Alpine is allowed much more pace being Renault, than any privateer would be allowed.
Old 11 Jul 2022, 09:11 (Ref:4119058)   #512
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Rebellion could be winning instead of having some stickers on F1 cars.....
Which one? I have even noticed ...
Old 11 Jul 2022, 09:13 (Ref:4119059)   #513
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I agree that it is at least slightly absurd that we have a grandfathered LMP1 winning at Monza and with a good chance of beating Toyota to the championship.
As far as I'm concerned, they are all competing under the same rule set.
Different cars, same rules, same BoP, same chance at success.

I think the BoP between Toyota and Alpine was pretty good at Monza.
Just Glickenhaus' was off because it was too fast.

If they didn't want to give them an equal chance at wins and championship, they shouldn't have let them compete in that class in the first place.
Old 11 Jul 2022, 09:26 (Ref:4119063)   #514
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Alfa. Rebellion Timepieces are their official partner.
Old 11 Jul 2022, 09:27 (Ref:4119064)   #515
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
If they didn't want to give them an equal chance at wins and championship, they shouldn't have let them compete in that class in the first place.
I accept it's a fair point and I guess I'd probably be arguing their cause all the more if they were still Rebellions.....
Old 11 Jul 2022, 09:34 (Ref:4119067)   #516
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Attachment 75752
Quote:
Easily missed:
Attached Thumbnails
C42_Rear_Left_16_9_ZHO-1800x1013.jpg  
Old 11 Jul 2022, 09:40 (Ref:4119073)   #517
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Good spot there, would never have expected that
Old 11 Jul 2022, 09:44 (Ref:4119076)   #518
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Alfa. Rebellion Timepieces are their official partner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Easily missed:
Thanks!
Old 11 Jul 2022, 12:03 (Ref:4119091)   #519
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Good spot there, would never have expected that
And I bet Rebellion pay a pretty penny for it too.....
Old 11 Jul 2022, 13:43 (Ref:4119100)   #520
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Well, in an alternate timeline we'd have had this...

Old 11 Jul 2022, 16:29 (Ref:4119126)   #521
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Welcome to BoP would be my best response to wildly different tank sizes.

Every car should have an equal chance to win. You don't get to decide it applies more or less to a car just because it's not the one you're relying on long-term.
Old 11 Jul 2022, 16:29 (Ref:4119127)   #522
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Well, in an alternate timeline we'd have had this...

Yes, another one of those 'if only's'......
Old 22 Aug 2022, 16:20 (Ref:4123445)   #523
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting article on the-race about Mclaren using Toyota's WindTunnel and saying it's "well out of date" and "unable to replicate aero data in slow corners". I know WEC and F1 are different applications, but surprising nonetheless.

https://the-race.com/formula-1/exact...-hold-it-back/
Old 23 Aug 2022, 08:46 (Ref:4123483)   #524
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvenom View Post
Interesting article on the-race about Mclaren using Toyota's WindTunnel and saying it's "well out of date" and "unable to replicate aero data in slow corners". I know WEC and F1 are different applications, but surprising nonetheless.

https://the-race.com/formula-1/exact...-hold-it-back/
Is that because there is generally greater aero yaw in slower corners?
Old 31 Aug 2022, 04:44 (Ref:4124364)   #525
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Were they saying that it was McLaren's tunnel or Toyota's? The wording of the article is confusing to me. Not sure where they are placing blame. Either way it seems both aren't at the top of the industry at the moment.