Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 13 Jul 2023, 10:01 (Ref:4168209)   #1526
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Car was revealed in the flesh at Goodwood 30 minutes ago. It looks amazing, so much better than the digital renders.
Old 13 Jul 2023, 10:47 (Ref:4168220)   #1527
GT3_Fan
Racer

GT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Call my opinion to be a let down some here. Its supposed to be a Lamborghini! This looks like a DPI car. I don't see any Lambo features. It sort of masked by that cool lime green lambo livery. But the lack of lambo features is noticeable when you look past the livery.
Old 13 Jul 2023, 12:58 (Ref:4168234)   #1528
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Official launch video

https://youtu.be/f3HYp7FYWhM
Old 13 Jul 2023, 13:15 (Ref:4168235)   #1529
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3_Fan View Post
Call my opinion to be a let down some here. Its supposed to be a Lamborghini! This looks like a DPI car. I don't see any Lambo features. It sort of masked by that cool lime green lambo livery. But the lack of lambo features is noticeable when you look past the livery.
Looks quite angular and deglo.

The alternative to a LMDh Lamborghini is no Lamborghini. There weren’t going to go to the expense of developing a Hypercar.
Old 13 Jul 2023, 13:57 (Ref:4168239)   #1530
tomcug
Veteran

tomcug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
There weren’t going to go to the expense of developing a Hypercar.
Purely in terms of looks, why would a Lambo LMH have a different bodywork design?
Old 13 Jul 2023, 14:36 (Ref:4168241)   #1531
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Looks quite angular and deglo.

The alternative to a LMDh Lamborghini is no Lamborghini. There weren’t going to go to the expense of developing a Hypercar.
Looks Lambo to me, see previous carving and shaping car with a hatchet, Lamborghini style
Old 13 Jul 2023, 14:39 (Ref:4168243)   #1532
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Exactly, remember the Aston Martin Valkyrie , while it was an LMH, had the trademark front grille that's been around since the 60's. Otherwise, the general public wouldn't know it on pure observation without it.

It's the reason IMSA went with these "styling cues" since DPi was created, to give manufacturers a connection to their top level racers besides a trademark emblem sticker on the side of the engine cover.
Old 13 Jul 2023, 15:19 (Ref:4168251)   #1533
KlBD
Racer

KlBD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcug View Post
Purely in terms of looks, why would a Lambo LMH have a different bodywork design?
Probably it would be due to packaging of the components, you'd figure it would have a front axle motor if they had chosen to make an LMH.

As is, the bodywork is pretty interesting, looks like they've moved the sidepod intakes to the upper deck, having been quite aggressive with the tunnels on either side of the nose.
Old 13 Jul 2023, 15:39 (Ref:4168254)   #1534
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You’ve got a bit more scope, I think, with Hypercar to do whatever it might be that is considered Lamborghini like.

Old 13 Jul 2023, 16:38 (Ref:4168266)   #1535
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Once again, it comes back to cost, as Audi has decided to take what they have and go to Formula1, choosing to go with LMDh leaves a major manufacturer like VAG plenty on the plate for Porsche and Lamborghini, wether they decided for LMH or the other.

The cosmetics come from Lambo's designs be it the Aventedor, Gallardo, or others. And, once again, they haven't disappoint. Fresh and revelevent...
Old 13 Jul 2023, 23:36 (Ref:4168311)   #1536
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
You’ve got a bit more scope, I think, with Hypercar to do whatever it might be that is considered Lamborghini like.

Echoing my comments from a different thread, they have a bespoke chassis with the Ligier, and everything else, except hybrid unit, is bespoke to this car. How much different does that make it vs a LMH?

Also, I like it! And think how cool this would look if Vanwall wasn't already in these colors!
Old 13 Jul 2023, 23:46 (Ref:4168313)   #1537
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Echoing my comments from a different thread, they have a bespoke chassis with the Ligier, and everything else, except hybrid unit, is bespoke to this car. How much different does that make it vs a LMH?

Also, I like it! And think how cool this would look if Vanwall wasn't already in these colors!
How dare you besmirch the quality of the Vanwall by calling an LMP2 car anything but off the shelf trash and comparing an LMDh to LMH is just utter nonsense
Old 14 Jul 2023, 05:07 (Ref:4168325)   #1538
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Right! Only other thing related to lmdh's is the standard transmission which goes with the hybrid unit. But even then you can tune it with your own ratios. So far this is the most unique of the lmdh as the others all have at least 2 manufacturers using the same chassis. Acura was alone but Alpine is going to Oreca. So far Ligier is Lamborghini only.
Old 14 Jul 2023, 11:13 (Ref:4168358)   #1539
Steve McQ
Racer

France
Steve McQ should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSteve McQ should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSteve McQ should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was reading the statements following Lambo uncovering the LMDh, and Iron Lynx is pretty much everywhere. Could it be possible that they financed part of the program along side Lamborghini, like ESM's Ed Brown did with Nissan in DPi ?
Old 14 Jul 2023, 11:31 (Ref:4168361)   #1540
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
They are running the cars so they would be mentioned
Old 14 Jul 2023, 13:37 (Ref:4168370)   #1541
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McQ View Post
I was reading the statements following Lambo uncovering the LMDh, and Iron Lynx is pretty much everywhere. Could it be possible that they financed part of the program along side Lamborghini, like ESM's Ed Brown did with Nissan in DPi ?
Maybe, but I do think there had been talks of a Lambo LMDh going almost all the way back to when Audi and Porsche announced their programs. But at that time it was going to be based on the same Multimatic chassis. So this program has changed somewhat from inception.
Old 14 Jul 2023, 16:29 (Ref:4168394)   #1542
tomcug
Veteran

tomcug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
But at that time it was going to be based on the same Multimatic chassis. So this program has changed somewhat from inception.
I think in the end it's not bad at all that Audi axed their LMDh. Now we have two completely different cars from VAG group, otherwise we'd have three different variations of 963 with different badges put on the car
Quote:
Gearbox, battery, MGU are spec and that's the main difference I think. However with LMH you can design everything in house, with LMDh you must hire a constructor to help you build the carbon tub... which is Lambo exclusive in this case
Old 14 Jul 2023, 16:43 (Ref:4168399)   #1543
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Maybe, but I do think there had been talks of a Lambo LMDh going almost all the way back to when Audi and Porsche announced their programs. But at that time it was going to be based on the same Multimatic chassis. So this program has changed somewhat from inception.
I’ve been guilty of only a cursory glance at potential programs until we get an actual cars (I blame Aston or all those McLaren stories!). I’d missed that it wasn’t the same chassis as Porsche.

Cool.
Old 14 Jul 2023, 16:49 (Ref:4168401)   #1544
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcug View Post
I think in the end it's not bad at all that Audi axed their LMDh. Now we have two completely different cars from VAG group, otherwise we'd have three different variations of 963 with different badges put on the car
Old 14 Jul 2023, 18:04 (Ref:4168422)   #1545
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it true that Lamborghini wont sell customer cars either? We are going to be stuck with only customer Porsches, arent we?
Old 14 Jul 2023, 18:12 (Ref:4168423)   #1546
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Don't know about Lambo but customer Ferraris are looking unlikely.

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...than-expected/
Old 15 Jul 2023, 10:15 (Ref:4168494)   #1547
Steve McQ
Racer

France
Steve McQ should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSteve McQ should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSteve McQ should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
https://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/...imsa/10495683/

Lamborghini program looks set to be Iron Lynx exclusive and limited to 2 or three cars across Europe and USA.
Old 15 Jul 2023, 18:26 (Ref:4168525)   #1548
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlBD View Post
I think the official reveal is supposed to be at Goodwood tomorrow. Though this calls to mind the Porsche 963 launch, when the car's name and livery were accidentally revealed a few days early via a pop-up magazine subscription advertisement on Racecar Engineering
Waited a while outside their special unveil room but they faffed around for ages practising the unveil and then all disappeared and public weren’t allowed in later

Struggling to add photo from phone - is this possible?
Old 15 Jul 2023, 19:03 (Ref:4168528)   #1549
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Go advanced > Manage attachments > Chose file > photo library > …. > upload
Old 17 Jul 2023, 13:36 (Ref:4168765)   #1550
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder when we will see the Alpine or the Lamborghini on the track.
The true version is usually different from the excivision version.
I remember reading that the Alpine tests began on June 28, however we have not seen anything.