Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 17 Nov 2022, 02:02 (Ref:4133992)   #76
MissClarrpz
Racer

MissClarrpz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They are close to finishing a new access road to the circuit, coming in by the entrance to the paddock. Hopefully it'll be done by April or at the very least November.

Joker was probably quicker in the extreme wet. It needs to be slowed but at the same time more flowing. Less than 1s difference especially in wet is not the best. There was an idea to put it around the outside of Chessons. Where it is now is probably the best spot though

I'm just hoping Supernational can be even half as strong as it was at Lydden. I know there'll be more than 2 and a half cars next year but not sure if it will consistently hit 5/6. All4 mini will have 5/6 next year, maybe 7/8 by season end. Combining those classes is probably the best at the moment.

And Supercars, I'm hoping (and expecting) a couple of nice surprises
Old 17 Nov 2022, 09:43 (Ref:4134019)   #77
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasing cars View Post
Thought the conditions spoiled the racing on the Saturday, after years of wanting back proper 'dirt' the weather gave us the old issue of mud filled windscreens therefore splitting the field, but no way I'd want to go back to the rough tarmac.
I know what you mean; it really felt like RALLYcross in those conditions, but it was so bad by the end of the day that a lot of the drivers were clearly (and understandably) driving very cautiously.

Quote:
I'm not convinced by the jump, only the supercars got any real air and once youve seen it a couple of times the wow was gone plus it has taken away the moves into Devils. Also the stretch up to the jump is all a bit messy but I will reserve full judgement until I see it in dry conditions.
I recall the whole thing being a lot quicker in the dry (for Nitro) so I am looking forward to seeing the British Championship tackle it again next year. As you say though...

Quote:
Moving the joker is the best thing that has happened, proper first corner, chessons back to its 2 or even 3 line corner and my fear the leader would always take it on the last lap not realised because you'd lose the advantage of the extra speed from the chicane to Chessons.
...I think the "new" Chessons is a huge improvement as well. Full packs of cars going into the corner on lap one and the possibility of multiple lines through the bend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClarrpz View Post
Saturday was some good racing but the schedule was messed up. Started 45 minutes late for no reason then got later and later as the day went on.
I couldn't understand the logic here either. There were a lot of races to fit in on the day, doesn't make any sense to me why you wouldn't get cars out on track as early as you can in order to give yourself as much time as possible to play with later in the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClarrpz View Post
And Supercars, I'm hoping (and expecting) a couple of nice surprises
Fingers crossed. I see Andrew Jordan was advertising his Fiesta yesterday, really hope that gets picked up by a UK driver, it looks absolutely stunning. As you day, I hope Super National can get those sort of numbers for 2023.

Didn't have a great day with the camera, but a few pictures:

More here...

Flickr - 5 Nations British Rallycross Championship Round 10 2022

...if anyone is interested.
Old 17 Nov 2022, 10:23 (Ref:4134022)   #78
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Nice As mentioned above those are 'proper' rallycross conditions, I much prefer that to the dust you get on a scorching hot day.