Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Jun 2022, 21:47 (Ref:4112602)   #76
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Nailed it with that post Theunser - sums up what overtaking and defending should be. Personally, seeing cars pass each other easily with the car behind have a huge advantage is ho-hum - seeing two or more cars pushed to the limit, not asking nor giving any quarter, demanding large commitment and skill and maybe getting past is what I want to see.
Old 4 Jun 2022, 13:17 (Ref:4112825)   #77
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I’m curious when the last time anyone saw that in F1 racing though?

One of the criticisms of todays drivers is that they don’t offer any quarter compared to the legends of yesterday. Todays drivers don’t leave room, they show little respect, they defend and then defend again…no quarter right?

See Max v Lewis.

back in the day if you didn’t leave room people got hurt so I would suggest they offered quarter and did so without having to be told to.

So does that mean overtaking was easier or harder back in the day?

Must also be said that DRS existed well before Drive to Survive. We’ve had like 200 races with it now…I am curious what is it about the modern sport that keeps people still watching despite the inclusion of something as antithetical to racing as DRS then?