Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 8 Sep 2005, 01:05 (Ref:1401844)   #1
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
TEGA vs Ride cars

I have been reading V8X this morning and they have put in an article about TEGA putting in new rules for Ride cars. TEGA have rasied their eyebrows about endruance drivers doing "chauffers" for people, for example, last year for Holden Racing Team, Skaife let Peter Brock drive the PR2 Ride car at a drive day in Queensland before Sandown and Bathurst. Also, TEGA has raised eyebrows about the similarties between the Ride Cars and the "Real V8 Supercars", like braking and gearboxes, of course the Aussie made Holinger H- pattern, 6 speed gearbox is unique to the V8's and is a difficult feature for new drivers in the series. TEGA is thinking of changing the H-Pattern gearbox to sequential, reduced areodynamic aids, different sized brakes (to the actual V8's) and banning control ECUs and sensors. Also, TEGA is also thinking the operators to only use used Dunlop control tyres, insted of teams using any tyre they choose, HRT use Bridgestones, both SBR's 3UP and PMM's Astro are on Dunlop D11's while Rick and Todd Kelly's K2 is on Hoosiers tyres. It's easy to therorise that TEGA might give new Dunlop control Tyres for techincal change. So, here is the question, should TEGA come in and put in rules in for Ride cars and deregisted cars?
Old 8 Sep 2005, 01:55 (Ref:1401864)   #2
Uncle Cranker
Veteran

Australia
Victoria; Australia
Uncle Cranker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Barton
I have been reading V8X this morning and they have put in an article about TEGA putting in new rules for Ride cars.

So, here is the question, should TEGA come in and put in rules in for Ride cars and deregisted cars?

Why not ? They unreasonably dictate everthing else in V8 SC, why not something they have previously relinquished control over ?
Old 8 Sep 2005, 03:58 (Ref:1401888)   #3
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could a car be built to V8 Supercar spec, but not registered as a V8 Supercar, and used only for testing and practice purposes? Or are the unique differences between each car significant enough that anything learned from one which was not being used for racing would be useless to try putting into practice on one that was? Or can TEGA prevent this from happening? What would happen if, say, a drag racer built a car that happened to have the same specs? Could TEGA tell them they can't use it? What if the drag racer also drives V8 Supercars?
Old 8 Sep 2005, 04:21 (Ref:1401894)   #4
Conrod Kieron
Veteran

Conrod Kieron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good point Rombles. OR could say SBR run a Sports Sedan that just happend to be identical in spec to Ingalls car but not registered as a V8SC?
Old 8 Sep 2005, 04:53 (Ref:1401899)   #5
DKGandBH
Veteran

DKGandBH has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Old Supercars are used as sports sedans...
So I don't see why not.
As long as they are within the Sports Sedan regulations.

DKGandBH
Old 8 Sep 2005, 04:56 (Ref:1401900)   #6
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
or imagine if XYZ Racing built a Sports Sedan and raced it throughout Australia and NZ, the car was modeled on ABC Racing's V8 Supercar, infact it's almost identical, except the sports sedan has a million and one sensors on it.

XYZ Racing's Sports Sedan programme is sponsor funded, 123 Clothing provided the backing. 123 Clothing are suppliers of ABC Racing, they underwrite ABC Racings Merchandise activity, taking a percentage of the profit, they are however a completely seperate entity.

TEGA can group teams? So presumabley TEGA can designate what and what is not a "test". One would think we are not too far away from TEGA shutting the loopholes on Ride cars (lets face it, a Ride Car has an extra seat or to and a I and a D instead of a A and a C and that's about the only difference).

In the example above, TEGA can't do nuffing.
Old 8 Sep 2005, 08:22 (Ref:1401985)   #7
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If a car isn't registered as a V8Supercar, then is it really a V8Supercar?

If something "isn't" a V8Supercar, then how can TEGA or AVESCO have any say?
Old 8 Sep 2005, 23:38 (Ref:1402424)   #8
manwell
Racer

manwell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I always wonderd that.
A few years ago when a certain V8 Supercar team was owned by a certain british fellow who also owned an F1 team was winning a lot. What was to stop them having a V8 supercar clone with 101 sensors all over it doing testing at some race track out in the english countryside.
Old 9 Sep 2005, 04:34 (Ref:1402498)   #9
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by manwell
I always wonderd that.
A few years ago when a certain V8 Supercar team was owned by a certain british fellow who also owned an F1 team was winning a lot. What was to stop them having a V8 supercar clone with 101 sensors all over it doing testing at some race track out in the english countryside.
You mean Dave Richards? But BAR aren't winning much.....
Old 9 Sep 2005, 05:03 (Ref:1402508)   #10
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd imagine TEGA or AVESCO would have the right to judge fact as in what is and what isn't testing. I'm guessing running a V8Supercar by any other name would be deemed as "testing". Hence the reason you'd need a completely seperate entity to run it (data share is a whole lot harder to prove than financial interest.)
Old 9 Sep 2005, 09:48 (Ref:1402686)   #11
naughtymutt
Racer

naughtymutt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rombles1
You mean Dave Richards? But BAR aren't winning much.....
No i think he means Skaifes rich uncle Tom
Old 9 Sep 2005, 10:04 (Ref:1402694)   #12
craig1
Racer

craig1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Say you had enough money to walk up and purchase a current car from any team that was looking to sell a car, turn key.
How can you be stopped you from running a car you own that is/isn't a registered Supercar and possibly selling any data collected if you were able.
As long as your not associated with any team what can they do, take the car off you?
I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem hiring a track.
Old 9 Sep 2005, 10:07 (Ref:1402697)   #13
Vanilla Dice
Veteran

MagnetON
Hope Island Resort
Vanilla Dice has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig1
Say you had enough money to walk up and purchase a current car from any team that was looking to sell a car, turn key.
How can you be stopped you from running a car you own that is/isn't a registered Supercar and possibly selling any data collected if you were able.
As long as your not associated with any team what can they do, take the car off you?
I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem hiring a track.
Wouldn't old Kelvin peck you like a chicken till you complied with his demands?

Buucckk Buucckk Buucckk Arrrcckk

Hey that reminds me, has Britek got a test log yet?

666 posts... over... and OUT..!
Old 9 Sep 2005, 10:42 (Ref:1402721)   #14
Razor
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, I think that TEGA should not step in, sure they mayby a bit similar, but, the engines in the ride and unregisted cars never have 5.0 litre engines, only 6.0 litre ones. And if TEGA does step in, why don't they put rules in for the C.A.P.A Holden VZ Monaro and SS Ute. They use 7.0 litre 18 Degree Chev engine by PMM/HMS. The 2 only diffrences are that the 18 degree are 7.0 litre not 5.0, and the degree engines are supercharged (the monaro is twin turboed aswell).
Old 19 Sep 2005, 08:46 (Ref:1411135)   #15
Razor
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Well, as I have got a few moles around the V8 park, TEGA is still thinking of putting in rules for ride cars
Old 19 Sep 2005, 09:35 (Ref:1411181)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Well, as I have got a few moles around the V8 park, TEGA is still thinking of putting in rules for ride cars
You know the rules, if you bring moles into it, you need to have enough for everyone

On a more serious note, there are likely to be rules implemented on ride cars, but ultimately they will be impossible to police.

If a signatory to the AVESCO/TEGA teams agreement is restricted from running a ride car, then they assign the ride car to their cousin's uncle's brother, who makes a commercial entity of it all.. and all is sweet....

Open up the testing a little, and the need somehow goes away.

And I suspect Britek still hasnt got a test log, or indeed a ride car....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 19 Sep 2005, 10:51 (Ref:1411237)   #17
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If they are not running the current tyres or different brands altogether and have increased engine capacities, would any data correlate? You would think not as everything is so rule-specific.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 19 Sep 2005, 12:04 (Ref:1411275)   #18
aj_308
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
aj_308 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would think the similarities would end at the ecu.
Aren't they owned by TEGA?
Old 19 Sep 2005, 12:48 (Ref:1411313)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I can buy the very same ECU from MoTeC....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 19 Sep 2005, 13:27 (Ref:1411344)   #20
lookleft
Racer

lookleft should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
..... They use 7.0 litre 18 Degree Chev engine by PMM/HMS. The 2 only diffrences are that the 18 degree are 7.0 litre not 5.0, and the degree engines are supercharged (the monaro is twin turboed aswell).
yeah not much difference there really........