Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 29 Jul 2008, 20:59 (Ref:2259880)   #51
Martin Bull
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Martin Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I have to say, as someone who moans about the 'good old days', Sundays' WTCC racing at Brands was an excellent day out. I took my Dad as an 80th Birthday treat ( he and I were at the 1969 ETCC 3-hrs, when the BMW 2002 turbos won...) and the view we had of all the action from the Paddock grandstand was superb.

Did anyone else see the 3 cars go into Paddock abreast in Race 2 ? Best thing I'd seen there since Ickx went around Lauda.....great stuff !

Good to see that Brands hasn't been ruined like other cicuits - wonder if I can get to the DTM round....?
Old 30 Jul 2008, 10:05 (Ref:2260177)   #52
GroupOfOne
Racer

GroupOfOne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Right, finally got around to posting my thoughts (damn work!).

As I said earlier, was my first visit to Brands for a race meeting, and I was definitely very impressed. Obviously I knew the track was a good one, but I hadn't anticipated there being so many good view points. I did take people's advice and gradually made my way round from Paddock Hill, Druids and then out onto the GP circuit for the Formula Master, F1 car and Seats. Wow. Was lovely and tranquil out there and with the spattering of fans it was almost like being out the back of the 'Ring or Spa I thought.

Also thought the general facilities round the circuit (except the lack of PA on the GP loop, though that could be seen as a good point!!) were very good, certainly when compared to the circuits I go to most (Oulton and Donington). Will definitely be returning, maybe not for the DTM, but hopefully for the BTCC.

On the WTCC, thought the racing was great, though like others have said I think it'd be better with the two races more spread out, and certainly then I'd guess drivers like Dahlgren would have been able to take the start of race two. Would also have liked to have seen maybe one more support race, though the paddock seemed pretty full, and with the demands of TV that may not have been possible. Did love the Swingin' 60s though

Off track from a WTCC p-o-v I was impressed too, as there were far more trade stands etc than I though there would be guess. Guess the 'glitz' of being a FIA series and having manufacturers involved helps with this.

So overall a definite A*, can't actually think of any complaints, particularly as I got the ticket free

Tags
wtcc