Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 1 Aug 2008, 09:14 (Ref:2261521)   #26
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NTech is from Italy, so I find that unlikely. GT racing would be more likely to my mind.
Old 1 Aug 2008, 13:59 (Ref:2261685)   #27
EdLeake
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
EdLeake should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Both Accord and Thompson are fast, considering they've had limited development the car is doing just fine as is.

It'll be nice to see a second seat occupied, I wonder how much that cost him?

As for retaining the Alfa? The Accord [from a technical point-of-view] is a better platform, let's hope the injection of data from the second driver aids their progression.
Old 1 Aug 2008, 17:57 (Ref:2261765)   #28
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[quote=EdLeake]
As for retaining the Alfa? The Accord [from a technical point-of-view] is a better platform,

A better platform the Accord is but not up there with the Alfa in terms of race performance, it would still be able to run top 5 in my view, the accord just lacks development and due to it being late to the table the Alfa would have been the better option unless Honda are financing the cars and Thompsons salary.
Old 1 Aug 2008, 19:17 (Ref:2261809)   #29
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
stedevil has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel
How can you say that when they haven't ran on the same tires or against eachother? Thats complete nonsense.
Do you have a short memory span? Just the other day you where agreeing with me on this very thing.

Quoting myself
---
As a reasonably valid comparison compair the 2 STCC Hondas relative the Volvo C30. The Hondas in general are performing really well in STCC, but they collected data from the car+track+tire combo already last year and can thus reap the benefits this year.

Also, do note that in STCC the Hondas carry considerably more weight than the Volvo while at Brands Hatch the opposite was true. Yet Dahlgren was all over Thompson.
---

For the specific weight numbers

Weight of Dahlgren (Volvo C30) relative Björk/Thompson (Honda Accord)

STCC -67kg (latest race weekend before brands)

WTCC +57kg = +30kg (Volvo one race entry) +20kg (reduced honda base weight) +10kg (further reduced honda base weight) -3 (success ballast for Tommo)

Difference = 124kg

Trust me, if Björk was 124kg lighter, he would be lapping Dahlgren's Volvo, not struggling to fend of his overtaking attempts like what happened at Brands.

Last edited by stedevil; 1 Aug 2008 at 19:21.
Old 1 Aug 2008, 20:39 (Ref:2261841)   #30
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No, I was agreeing on that N-Tech could get further the way you described. I do not agree on Björk and his team having unlocked more of the potential. There are too many 'ifs' to say such a thing.
Old 1 Aug 2008, 21:24 (Ref:2261864)   #31
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
stedevil has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel
No, I was agreeing on that N-Tech could get further the way you described.
1) If you quote a big blob of text and say you agree, it's sort of assumed you agree to all of what you quote. If you dont want to be misunderstod, dont misqoute.

2) The way N-tech should procede is exactly the same way as the Swedish Honda team has already done (collect data + add 1 driver&car). They are just 1 year ahead on the same track. So the assumption that Björk & his engeneer could be quite helpful is not really that far fetched.

Quote:
I do not agree on Björk and his team having unlocked more of the potential. There are too many 'ifs' to say such a thing.
There are always ifs & buts in racing. But still, 124kg equals taking the wife and 2 kids with you in the car in the race. IMO far too big difference to just be ignored.
Old 2 Aug 2008, 09:57 (Ref:2262035)   #32
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowen250
Autosport this week reports that the team is "unlikely to return to the WTCC in 2009."
Anyone else heard anything about this?Simon
So they have not convinced Honda to enter WTCC?
Old 2 Aug 2008, 10:00 (Ref:2262036)   #33
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
unless its just the current car, and there coming back with a works version of the new accord
Old 4 Aug 2008, 16:54 (Ref:2263340)   #34
the sniper
Veteran

European Union
Birmingham
the sniper has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowen250
Autosport this week reports that the team is "unlikely to return to the WTCC in 2009."
It was odd though, it was in a column with 5 other minor news story's. Surely N - Tech pulling out of the WTCC is too bigger news for it just to be relegate to news in brief .
Old 4 Aug 2008, 18:40 (Ref:2263395)   #35
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sniper
It was odd though, it was in a column with 5 other minor news story's. Surely N - Tech pulling out of the WTCC is too bigger news for it just to be relegate to news in brief .
It's not F1 news related
Old 4 Aug 2008, 20:55 (Ref:2263479)   #36
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thompson is running a Honda in DTC with Hartmann Racing as well, as N-Technology used this leased car to run tests before the WTCC start. The 2008 spec JAS developed Honda has a very powerfull engine, which often seems difficult to catch on the straights, but the handling still seems to lack some finess.

But, I must say that there is noticable difference after N-Technology took over the project. But funds are not what they should be, and it shows..

I miss the good old Alfa days...

Last edited by Aslak Vind; 4 Aug 2008 at 21:02.