Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 23 May 2013, 20:08 (Ref:3252319)   #51
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
I've got to say, I barely notice the fin anymore.
I agree. And before the fin it was the narrower rear wing we complained about. I will miss the spiders, I enjoy the diversity between coupe and open cockpits. Especially for identifying drivers.
Old 23 May 2013, 20:09 (Ref:3252320)   #52
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Same. I don't see why people are ragging on the looks of the car. It's firmly built to the regs. Just be happy the design has been done!
Agree!
A designed LMP1 is infinitely better than no car at all!
Old 23 May 2013, 20:40 (Ref:3252344)   #53
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
I think people (at least in my case) are ragging about the less then aesthetically pleasing aero trends and 2014 regulations.
Old 23 May 2013, 22:10 (Ref:3252404)   #54
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IMO there are more posibilities to see flying pigs than watch that car in the WEC in 2014.....
But I'd like to be wrong
Old 23 May 2013, 23:11 (Ref:3252447)   #55
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
To me this looks similar to the recent Riley attempt to produce their LMPs, expect Riley had better credentials, and still nobody took a chance.
Old 23 May 2013, 23:17 (Ref:3252450)   #56
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Personally I think the extended engine cover makes the fin less obtrusive from the design (looks more like the fin is intended to be there). However, I'm withholding judgment on the design until I see a real livery on this thing.
Old 23 May 2013, 23:42 (Ref:3252458)   #57
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablocomics View Post
IMO there are more posibilities to see flying pigs than watch that car in the WEC in 2014.....
But I'd like to be wrong
Then it seems that the pigs need fins and fender holes.
Old 24 May 2013, 00:26 (Ref:3252460)   #58
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Then it seems that the pigs need fins and fender holes.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 24 May 2013, 01:37 (Ref:3252483)   #59
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
^Funny.
Old 24 May 2013, 09:55 (Ref:3252575)   #60
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
Personally I think the extended engine cover makes the fin less obtrusive from the design (looks more like the fin is intended to be there). However, I'm withholding judgment on the design until I see a real livery on this thing.
Agreed, althoough the engine cover itself kinda makes it look awkward. That area reminds me of Kremer Porsche 962 K8 with its dorsal fin.
Old 24 May 2013, 10:49 (Ref:3252586)   #61
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Good to see a car almost ready for next year, If they would stand a small chance against the factory teams, probably not.
Old 24 May 2013, 13:55 (Ref:3252655)   #62
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
I think people (at least in my case) are ragging about the less then aesthetically pleasing aero trends and 2014 regulations.
LOL... aesthetics...

What is aesthetically-pleasing is different for every individual. Case in point - the Porsche piglet!

I do have one worry about the future of LMP1 though, aesthetically - I want to keep the diversity. Keep a few open-top cars on the racetrack - we're now down to only two... the Muscle Milk HPD and the Strakka HPD.
Old 24 May 2013, 14:08 (Ref:3252661)   #63
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
I do have one worry about the future of LMP1 though, aesthetically - I want to keep the diversity. Keep a few open-top cars on the racetrack - we're now down to only two... the Muscle Milk HPD and the Strakka HPD.
Enjoy them while they last.
Old 24 May 2013, 15:51 (Ref:3252701)   #64
KlBD
Racer

KlBD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like there is quite a bit of Pescarolo 03 influence in the shape of the long rear fenders...
Old 24 May 2013, 17:39 (Ref:3252738)   #65
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breitling24 View Post
I thought the same after writting my line
Old 24 May 2013, 17:39 (Ref:3252739)   #66
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I've got to say, I barely notice the fin anymore.
Agreed. Deal with it......
Old 24 May 2013, 20:55 (Ref:3252817)   #67
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Good to see a car almost ready for next year
Oh , like the P2 Snobeck displayed at Le Mans a few years ago ..... and the Bailey . Nothing happened racewise anyway .
Old 24 May 2013, 21:13 (Ref:3252831)   #68
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Good to see a car almost ready for next year, If they would stand a small chance against the factory teams, probably not.
Almost ready for next year...
Old 24 May 2013, 22:23 (Ref:3252849)   #69
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Oh , like the P2 Snobeck displayed at Le Mans a few years ago ..... and the Bailey . Nothing happened racewise anyway .
True - this is a lot less ready than either of those two...

That said, for something to reach the grid there probably has to be an array of efforts that don't make it - efforts that teach people what not to do, that give engineers experience in figuring what to do, that give suppliers a stream of work that keep them going.

In that light it's great to see the Perrin, even it all it does directly is to feature in the list of sportscars that never raced; and if it does more, gets to the stage of say the Bailey, or even rolls around like the Protran of 2006, or Lavaggi of 2007, or Euzkadi of 2008 then if I'm lucky enough to see it I'll cheer and smile in just the same way I cheered for those cars.
Old 25 May 2013, 00:28 (Ref:3252864)   #70
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
That Euskadi was a nice lookin car ..... shame they didn't have enough to see that chassis work .
Old 25 May 2013, 04:32 (Ref:3252918)   #71
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Where is that car now?
Old 25 May 2013, 05:26 (Ref:3252926)   #72
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Where is that car now?
Porsche museum, Stuttgart. My photo of it, last summer:

Last edited by Breitling24; 25 May 2013 at 05:36.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 25 May 2013, 08:21 (Ref:3252964)   #73
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I like coupes. In my eyes the Audi looks nothing like the Toyota, nor the 908, nor the Lola. Its just a closed cockpit but you clearly see the differences. Next year I bet they will be even more different, and hopefully someone uses this perrinn.
Old 25 May 2013, 17:44 (Ref:3253085)   #74
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I like coupes. In my eyes the Audi looks nothing like the Toyota, nor the 908, nor the Lola. Its just a closed cockpit but you clearly see the differences. Next year I bet they will be even more different, and hopefully someone uses this perrinn.
Yeah, that's true. Someone could always pick up the design and run with it (which the permission of the designers, of course!). That almost happened with the Peugeot 908 Hybrid 4 if I'm not mistaken?
Old 25 May 2013, 18:40 (Ref:3253103)   #75
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Porsche museum, Stuttgart. My photo of it, last summer:

Thanks a lot, that looks like an awesome museum!

I like having both coupes and roadsters in LMP1, it's cool having the variety.