Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 29 Jul 2018, 03:00 (Ref:3839699)   #26
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
The answer has already been posted.
What you believe to be "the answer" may not actually be the right answer. There's discussion in the paddock about why Ferrari are doing what all teams consider to be something strange. And this being a discussion forum, I would think it would be open to further discussion without you feeling the need to put someone down because there might actually be another "answer" to the question.
Quote:
No need to pretend there's a secret source.
Not really, no 'secret sauce'. I have mentioned their names before, being Tom, and also Barb. And on occasion, my Asian contacts Hoi and Soy

I was just merely mentioning that there's speculation as to why Ferrari are doing something unusual with the FOM camera that every other team isn't doing, and find strange.

On to why Ferrari are using a dry ice bag (that does not have dry ice in it) on top of the FOM camera, it is rumoured Ferrari could be covering the camera lens so as that it does not record video of the steering wheel and/or the data screens in front of the driver while in the garage/grid. Seems as though they don't want some sensitive information to be revealed via the FOM camera.

That is what the speculation is. And this being a discussion forum, I would think it's worthy of discussion. Yes, it's just speculation ATM, but that does not mean you think it not worthy of discussion because you have found your "answer". If you have "the answer", good for you. Stay out of the discussion and don't post your opinion on the matter. But let others discuss it as they wish.

Roll on the race!
Old 29 Jul 2018, 06:30 (Ref:3839737)   #27
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
There are a couple of stories in the paddock on why Ferrari are covering the FOM camera. Waiting on more reliable sources.
What makes a more reliable source then?

You say there are stories, but won't tell us who from. To an observer, the only source of the stories at the moment appears to be in this thread?
Old 29 Jul 2018, 08:17 (Ref:3839768)   #28
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Great GP2 race yesterday,they were doing some amazing things called "passing" and "racing".....maybe F1 could look into trying this?.
Old 29 Jul 2018, 08:27 (Ref:3839773)   #29
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There's plenty of stories in the paddock. Eddie Jordan is there.

It's not a coincidence the conspiracy being spun and inside information is about a Ferrari.

SkyF1 is a good reliable source.
Old 29 Jul 2018, 12:29 (Ref:3839884)   #30
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
SkyF1 is a good reliable source.
Ok then. About the only thing I can post here from Sky Sports F1 is a link to FP2 coverage from Hungary. I have asked permission from the Mod's to post a link as it maybe a copyright issue. I haven't got a reply as yet, but I'll post it anyway before the race begins. Mod's please delete if not allowed.

FF to 30:00 minutes into THIS video. Ted Kravitz, David Croft and Paul di Resta talking about why Ferrari maybe obstructing the FOM camera.

That may or may not be the "answer" you're looking for. As previously you were happy to except an "answer" with nothing to back up the claims. I have at least posted somewhat of a link to back up the speculation. And it's just that. Speculation at this point. If Ferrari's onboard FOM camera is getting that hot that it needs dry ice to cool it down, it won't be too long before it overheats and smoke will appear. And you know what they say about 'where there's smoke.... But I'm sure the FiA will swiftly put out the fire with their special Ferrari spec extinguishers.

Last edited by Adam43; 29 Jul 2018 at 21:59. Reason: Link removed, looks dodgy.
Old 29 Jul 2018, 12:45 (Ref:3839889)   #31
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
If Ferrari's onboard FOM camera is getting that hot that it needs dry ice to cool it down, it won't be too long before it overheats and smoke will appear.
I assume now that you're actually taking the mick. I have a mobile phone that gets too hot and shuts off. It doesn't produce smoke. This sort of stringing things together is a perfect example of a "little knowledge is a dangerous thing" and how mad videos on 9-11 jet fuel/melting steal get produced. I suggest less conspiracy and agenda pushing.
Old 29 Jul 2018, 13:19 (Ref:3839903)   #32
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A very clean and uneventful start.
Old 29 Jul 2018, 13:27 (Ref:3839908)   #33
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
God, this is boring...

Think I might do some gardening.
Old 29 Jul 2018, 13:56 (Ref:3839918)   #34
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Raikkonen and Bottas are so useless compared to Hamilton and Vettel....

How Raikkonen got passed on ultrasofts….You can sense Vettel just driving around him in annoyance. And that Bottas has dropped 10 seconds to Hamilton on the same strategy and tires. And practically getting overcut by Vettel on older tires....

I don't know why Bottas got a new contract other than to be a #2 driver...Bring on Le Clercat Ferrari...
Old 29 Jul 2018, 14:09 (Ref:3839920)   #35
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They made a bit of a hash with Vettel's stop.
Old 29 Jul 2018, 14:10 (Ref:3839921)   #36
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
I don't know why Bottas got a new contract other than to be a #2 driver...
I think you got your answer there. He's basically a good enough roadblock.
Old 29 Jul 2018, 14:16 (Ref:3839922)   #37
insane014
Rookie

insane014 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good job Renault and STR! You just let both of McLarens in front of you for changing tires too quickly.

Is it really hard for teams to take a note that in Hungary you have to stay as long as you can if you are in tight midfield.
Old 29 Jul 2018, 14:44 (Ref:3839930)   #38
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bottas tried to take out Vettel there, what a team player.
Old 29 Jul 2018, 14:45 (Ref:3839931)   #39
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Vettel connects with Bottas, removing Bottas's right front end-plate.
Old 29 Jul 2018, 14:49 (Ref:3839933)   #40
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Bottas connects with Ricciardo at Turn 2, sending Ricciardo onto the run off.
Old 29 Jul 2018, 14:52 (Ref:3839936)   #41
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Lulu wins, with a 25 point lead over Vettee.
Old 29 Jul 2018, 14:54 (Ref:3839937)   #42
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
I won't say the championship is over but this has shades of 2017 all over again. This time it's Ferrari and Vettel's own doing with mishaps and not capitalizing.
Old 29 Jul 2018, 15:00 (Ref:3839941)   #43
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
I won't say the championship is over but this has shades of 2017 all over again. This time it's Ferrari and Vettel's own doing with mishaps and not capitalizing.
In my opinion that's why they lost out last year. And last year Mercedes actually had the quickest car.

The cars are far more even this year and the Ferrari seems to be a better race car on most of the tracks. I think this is far from over.
Old 29 Jul 2018, 15:01 (Ref:3839943)   #44
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
It was in 2012, after the Hungarian GP, that Alonso was leading the WDC with a 42 point lead over Vettel, who was third and Vettel went on to win the championship. Hamilton won Hungary in 2012, after taking pole.
Old 29 Jul 2018, 17:05 (Ref:3839988)   #45
ASCII Man
Veteran

Bottas blaming Ricciardo for the crash too, what a pathetic little delusional *******.
Old 29 Jul 2018, 22:04 (Ref:3840068)   #46
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Am I the only one who is getting fed up with Red Bull blaming Renault for everything? When they were winning it was all down to their superb chassis. Now they're losing, it's all Renault's fault.

They bleat on every time about being massively down on power, but they only look a little bit down to me. Amongst the Top Three, they are way behind Mercedes and Ferrari. Yet lower down the scale, the Renault-engined cars are able to mix it with the Merc and Ferrari engines.

I don't have the detailed statistics, but I get the impression that their engine reliability is worse than the other Renault-engined cars. If I'm right, then either they're very unlucky, or there's a problem with their installation (rather like seems to have been the case with McLaren and Honda last year).
Old 29 Jul 2018, 22:37 (Ref:3840069)   #47
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
Am I the only one who is getting fed up with Red Bull blaming Renault for everything? When they were winning it was all down to their superb chassis. Now they're losing, it's all Renault's fault.

They bleat on every time about being massively down on power, but they only look a little bit down to me. Amongst the Top Three, they are way behind Mercedes and Ferrari. Yet lower down the scale, the Renault-engined cars are able to mix it with the Merc and Ferrari engines.

I don't have the detailed statistics, but I get the impression that their engine reliability is worse than the other Renault-engined cars. If I'm right, then either they're very unlucky, or there's a problem with their installation (rather like seems to have been the case with McLaren and Honda last year).
I'm not too sure I follow you. You initially say you're fed up with Red Bull blaming Renault for everything but in the last paragraph say, you get the impression that their engine reliability is worse than the other Renault engined cars.
Old 29 Jul 2018, 23:17 (Ref:3840071)   #48
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Bit of interest in this race, mainly concerning Bottas. Both incidents were his fault, although you could argue Vettel could do with being more careful around the team mate of his title rival.

Great recovery by Danny, shame yet more unreliability, the 4th race in a row did it for Max. Gasly’s decent performance might help them have some hope for 2019, just needs more power from the Honda engine

Shame for Vandoorne, he was running close to Fred and then that came to naught
Old 30 Jul 2018, 00:44 (Ref:3840081)   #49
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How about Daniel saying he hates F1 during the endless pre and post race coverage? Not twisting his words either, the good looking bird forget her name asked something like what he thinks about F1 at the moment and his reply was I hate it. Dans overall mood after quali was really not himself, he's not happy at the moment. Will he resign with the RB Honda?

Yeah both incidents were Bottas' fault but I thought initially Seb WTF are you turning in for, there goes the back tyre and another 25 points to Hamilton championship over. Lucky he didn't get puncture. There's no way he's at fault though - Martin Brundle what race are you watching? Seb was 95% ahead, Bottas went for a closed gap, locked up, hit the kerb and bounced over into Seb. If Seb did get a puncture or spin, Bottas would have been penalised. He should also be penalised for crashing into the side of Dan... that's avoidable contact isn't it? But I suppose since Dan got the position they let Bottas away with it.
Old 30 Jul 2018, 00:53 (Ref:3840082)   #50
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
How about Daniel saying he hates F1 during the endless pre and post race coverage? Not twisting his words either, the good looking bird forget her name asked something like what he thinks about F1 at the moment and his reply was I hate it. Dans overall mood after quali was really not himself, he's not happy at the moment. Will he resign with the RB Honda?

Yeah both incidents were Bottas' fault but I thought initially Seb WTF are you turning in for, there goes the back tyre and another 25 points to Hamilton championship over. Lucky he didn't get puncture. There's no way he's at fault though - Martin Brundle what race are you watching? Seb was 95% ahead, Bottas went for a closed gap, locked up, hit the kerb and bounced over into Seb. If Seb did get a puncture or spin, Bottas would have been penalised. He should also be penalised for crashing into the side of Dan... that's avoidable contact isn't it? But I suppose since Dan got the position they let Bottas away with it.
Bottas has been penalised.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/b...clash-1065787/