Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you give it?
10 1 2.86%
9 0 0%
8 0 0%
7 4 11.43%
6 5 14.29%
5 5 14.29%
4 4 11.43%
3 8 22.86%
2 5 14.29%
1 3 8.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26 Aug 2018, 16:30 (Ref:3846298)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Grand Prix: Belgian Grand Prix 2018

What score do you give it?
Old 26 Aug 2018, 16:33 (Ref:3846299)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Can you have negative scores? How has F1 got this bad?
Old 26 Aug 2018, 17:13 (Ref:3846318)   #3
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
shame about the first lap took out and damaged to many cars, but some overtaking but for spa that was a boring race so a 5 from me
Old 26 Aug 2018, 17:13 (Ref:3846319)   #4
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I came into this thread expecting some moans and 1s. I didn't expect to find someone wanting to give it a negative score.

I gave it a 6. Not the most inspiring race ever, and I almost went for a 5. However, it's F1 and motor-racing. No matter how bad a race is, it's still better than watching Bake Off or most of the other drivel on TV.
Old 26 Aug 2018, 17:14 (Ref:3846320)   #5
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That really was dull and to make it worse, Spa is one of the most iconic tracks on the planet.

Old 26 Aug 2018, 17:19 (Ref:3846323)   #6
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spectacular first lap - dull 43 Laps.
Old 26 Aug 2018, 17:20 (Ref:3846324)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
I came into this thread expecting some moans and 1s. I didn't expect to find someone wanting to give it a negative score.

I gave it a 6. Not the most inspiring race ever, and I almost went for a 5. However, it's F1 and motor-racing. No matter how bad a race is, it's still better than watching Bake Off or most of the other drivel on TV.

Old 26 Aug 2018, 17:32 (Ref:3846333)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Spectacularly dull. A 2 from me and 1 of those was just for being Spa. Once past Hulkenbergs massive brain fade, there just was nothing of value to keep the interest. Just a few dull DRS overtakes, and not even many of those. Excrutiating awful. I'll take Bake Off over that every time.
Old 26 Aug 2018, 17:39 (Ref:3846341)   #9
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
A 3 from me just for the circuit. Would have been 1 anywhere else!
Old 26 Aug 2018, 17:53 (Ref:3846343)   #10
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I have a soft spot for the Spa circuit having done a load of races there, so my 4 is for the circuit !!. Once the first lap (normal) La Source ding up was out of the way the two leaders were hardly shown and apart from Bottas overtaking the slower cars it was processional and boring IMHO. I am fully aware that F1 cars are very fast and stick like the proverbial but they are a bit tiresome to watch on TV with long lenses making it look slow. Is it just me ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 26 Aug 2018, 17:54 (Ref:3846344)   #11
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I am fully aware that F1 cars are very fast and stick like the proverbial but they are a bit tiresome to watch on TV with long lenses making it look slow. Is it just me ?
That's long been an issue that many will agree you with. The long camera shots are put there to maximise the billboards around the circuit, rather than emphasizing the cars speed. Not just you at all.
Old 27 Aug 2018, 02:48 (Ref:3846445)   #12
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gave it a six, but it has been a month since the last race.
Old 27 Aug 2018, 09:28 (Ref:3846473)   #13
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
7, some decent action in this race
Old 27 Aug 2018, 09:48 (Ref:3846484)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
7, some decent action in this race
When? I have it recorded, if you can give me some timings, I'll go back and find it - must have been when I was snoring peacefully......
Old 27 Aug 2018, 11:15 (Ref:3846501)   #15
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Like some battles, which the TV caught some of
Old 27 Aug 2018, 13:22 (Ref:3846531)   #16
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
4 for Spa (i'll watch push carts just circulate there)
+2 for the lap 1, Kemmel straight 4 wide spectacular craziness
+0 for the rest of the race
+1 b/c i thought i was selecting 6 (stuck between 6 and 7...)

=7
Old 27 Aug 2018, 13:26 (Ref:3846533)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I see that someone is acting true to form and his forum name.........
Old 27 Aug 2018, 14:29 (Ref:3846550)   #18
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I see that someone is acting true to form and his forum name.........
Ha! I'm going through a real rough stretch personally so outside of that, its rose tinted shades, man. Anything at Spa was what the doctor ordered me
Old 27 Aug 2018, 14:33 (Ref:3846551)   #19
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i enjoyed it also.

first lap between the accident and the safety car coming out was great and made better because it involved the Force India cars.

even though much of it was down to performance differences between cars, Max made some nice moves as did Botttas moving through the grid.

a return to racing and Ferrari in the lead...sets up the 2nd half of the season perfectly.

im back on the same page fields!

Old 27 Aug 2018, 15:20 (Ref:3846562)   #20
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post

YEAH!
Old 27 Aug 2018, 17:54 (Ref:3846580)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Ha! I'm going through a real rough stretch personally so outside of that, its rose tinted shades, man. Anything at Spa was what the doctor ordered me
Ah, no, I wasn't referring to you my friend.......
Old 27 Aug 2018, 18:02 (Ref:3846582)   #22
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Ah, no, I wasn't referring to you my friend.......
it's all a Field of Dreams to me!
Old 28 Aug 2018, 01:24 (Ref:3846631)   #23
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post

A shame it's the wrong page. I just watched it and am ready for bed. I gave it a solid 3.
Old 28 Aug 2018, 02:59 (Ref:3846643)   #24
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
A shame it's the wrong page. I just watched it and am ready for bed. I gave it a solid 3.
Old 28 Aug 2018, 06:18 (Ref:3846666)   #25
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
4 wide Lap 1 and Bottas round the outside of Hartley aside, it was desperately ordinary.