Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 5 Aug 2018, 19:25 (Ref:3841665)   #51
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Maggo just pointed me to the i3 and i8, and the i3 does look skinny but the i8 looks normal enough.

Continental interviews have always been a bit odd though. Wonder what the Michelin equivalent will be like next year.
I hope they send Bib to the booth for the interviews. He doesn't talk.
Old 5 Aug 2018, 19:25 (Ref:3841666)   #52
Maggo
Racer

Germany
Maggo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Maggo just pointed me to the i3 and i8, and the i3 does look skinny but the i8 looks normal enough.

Continental interviews have always been a bit odd though. Wonder what the Michelin equivalent will be like next year.

I8 has 195/50R14 in front. Thats not skinny but a little strange size for a kind of sporty car.

But yes, the interview is a little over the top
Old 5 Aug 2018, 19:26 (Ref:3841667)   #53
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Excessive wheelspin penalty for Alon? Man, I thought only ACO had crap rules about that stuff.
Old 5 Aug 2018, 19:29 (Ref:3841668)   #54
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Excessive wheelspin penalty for Alon? Man, I thought only ACO had crap rules about that stuff.
Must have been while on the jacks? Because otherwise it is legal in IMSA if it is on the ground. Tough way to end their day.
Old 5 Aug 2018, 19:31 (Ref:3841669)   #55
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
So the #91 Porsche of Tandy, pitted right before the safety car. I don't know why. Strategy or a problem? They benefitted from the Road America track size. Did not get lapped and was able to stay out when the others stopped. Hence why it leads right now.

The surprise is that the Fords have not yet caught him. BMW's are doing alright too. Battling had with Chevrolet from 4th-7th. #92 Porsche of Bamber looks like is last place now.
Old 5 Aug 2018, 19:33 (Ref:3841670)   #56
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
So the #91 Porsche of Tandy, pitted right before the safety car. I don't know why. Strategy or a problem? They benefitted from the Road America track size. Did not get lapped and was able to stay out when the others stopped. Hence why it leads right now.

The surprise is that the Fords have not yet caught him. BMW's are doing alright too. Battling had with Chevrolet from 4th-7th. #92 Porsche of Bamber looks like is last place now.
When the Ford turned into the Ferrari and took the left rear corner off the Ford, the Porsche ran into the debris and took a chunk off the right front corner. It had a tyre rub and some carbon poking up vertically. So they pitted to fix that just before the yellow happened.
Old 5 Aug 2018, 19:36 (Ref:3841671)   #57
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Must have been while on the jacks? Because otherwise it is legal in IMSA if it is on the ground. Tough way to end their day.
turns out the ferrari that caused the caution, screwed the Alon car, by leaving a wheel in the path of the exiting proto. Alog got the penalty for hitting that tire.
Old 5 Aug 2018, 19:38 (Ref:3841672)   #58
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Alon nearly go tout of the gravel, but his nose hit the lip of the of the concrete on the edge and he stopped. Got hit by an Acura, damnit
Old 5 Aug 2018, 19:38 (Ref:3841673)   #59
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
turns out the ferrari that caused the caution, screwed the Alon car, by leaving a wheel in the path of the exiting proto. Alog got the penalty for hitting that tire.
And now he just got help from another GT car and gets stuck due to the massive mountain that is the tarmac edge.
Old 5 Aug 2018, 19:44 (Ref:3841674)   #60
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
That looked purposeful from the NSX driver.
Old 5 Aug 2018, 19:45 (Ref:3841675)   #61
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Ford in trouble. Sad.
Old 5 Aug 2018, 19:46 (Ref:3841676)   #62
MaskedRacer
Veteran

I had the stream on the #66 Ford at the time. The car just quick. Did not sounds like a tire. Stick a fork in them. Its out. So sudden!

#92 Porsche pitting early too
Old 5 Aug 2018, 20:01 (Ref:3841679)   #63
TF110
Veteran

United States
Fox doing interviews without showing the race. They make it so hard to follow.
Old 5 Aug 2018, 20:05 (Ref:3841680)   #64
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Best thing to watch right now is the onboard for the #25 BMW. Got 91 Porsche and 67 Ford lead battle right ahead.
Old 5 Aug 2018, 20:10 (Ref:3841683)   #65
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Madison Snow driving that Lambo very quick eh? I think he is in job application mode now. Seeing his status as a silver is about to disappear before 2019 season starts.
Old 5 Aug 2018, 20:12 (Ref:3841684)   #66
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Ok Westbrook Ford just passed Tandy Porsche. De Phillipe BMW closing in.
Old 5 Aug 2018, 20:13 (Ref:3841685)   #67
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Top 5 in GTLM all pit at the same time under green. Good stuff.
Old 5 Aug 2018, 20:19 (Ref:3841687)   #68
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
I didn't expect this many cautions at road America. Lots of room on the track, but the drivers can't seem to keep it clean today. Has to be a penalty on that Ford/Porsche contact.
Old 5 Aug 2018, 20:23 (Ref:3841688)   #69
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
I didn't expect this many cautions at road America. Lots of room on the track, but the drivers can't seem to keep it clean today. Has to be a penalty on that Ford/Porsche contact.
The problem with Road America is that it still has lots of gravel traps. VIR and Lime Rock get away with less or no yellows not just because the prototypes don't run those races but they are all grass. Cars won't get stuck there.

John H promoting Lally and Legge in the NASCAR race at Mid Ohio. Might have been worth a watch but those stupid stages was the last straw for me with that sanctioning body.
Old 5 Aug 2018, 20:26 (Ref:3841689)   #70
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The length of these cautions make it a tough watch
Old 5 Aug 2018, 20:32 (Ref:3841690)   #71
MaskedRacer
Veteran

#67 Ford is going to be tough catch the rest of this race. Over in GTD, keep an eye on Palletta in the Turner BMW. They are sneaking in there again.

I agree about the yellows. What a waste of time. Someone should have asked Atherton about this. These safety car periods hurts the quality of the race big time. Biggest problem with the series and it does not get enough attention.
Old 5 Aug 2018, 20:33 (Ref:3841692)   #72
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
jeepers, this thing can't keep green.
Old 5 Aug 2018, 20:43 (Ref:3841694)   #73
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
#67 Ford is going to be tough catch the rest of this race. Over in GTD, keep an eye on Palletta in the Turner BMW. They are sneaking in there again.

I agree about the yellows. What a waste of time. Someone should have asked Atherton about this. These safety car periods hurts the quality of the race big time. Biggest problem with the series and it does not get enough attention.
Especially here in Europe when it's late on a Sunday night, cautions keep coming out you lose interest and go to bed. That car would of been dragged out the way in 5 minutes over here
Old 5 Aug 2018, 20:43 (Ref:3841695)   #74
TF110
Veteran

United States
Who caused it this time?
Old 5 Aug 2018, 20:45 (Ref:3841696)   #75
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Who caused it this time?
I think #85 Oreca 07 crashed on the main straight.