Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 20 Apr 2019, 18:19 (Ref:3898784)   #3326
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Bauble must be busy, otherwise he would be reminding us of his trips to Snetterton by bicycle in his youth.....
Mike I did not want to bore you by a retelling of my exploits …... but if you insist.

I cycled from Barnet, North London to Snetterton for a race meeting, and then rode on to Norwich to see a friend, before cycling back to Barnet overnight.
I seem to remember that I averaged just under 25mph ()
Roughly about 200 miles in total.

I might do a 'Memorial Ride' later in the year, and try to break my record.
Old 20 Apr 2019, 18:24 (Ref:3898785)   #3327
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
We are in awe of your motorsport related cycling exploits, Bob!
Old 20 Apr 2019, 18:33 (Ref:3898786)   #3328
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And that was before the M11 : rofl: You'd be hard pressed to average that in a car now. I don't think I've ever reached 25 on the way to Snetterton let alone average it!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 20 Apr 2019, 19:35 (Ref:3898789)   #3329
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
And that was before the M11 : rofl: You'd be hard pressed to average that in a car now. I don't think I've ever reached 25 on the way to Snetterton let alone average it!

25mph????? I must be joking, I was barely making 5 by the time I reached Hertfordshire.

Mind you I once rode from Barnet to Goodwood on an Easter Monday with a tail gale and made it in a little under four hours. Now that was fun. Coming home was another matter entirely!
Old 20 Apr 2019, 19:45 (Ref:3898791)   #3330
bauble
Veteran

England
Note to Gerry. Now that you are English there will have to be a few changes in life style. The beret, striped jumper, and string of onions will have to go, along with the Gauloises. No more wine with your lunch, Brown Ale in future. You will need a bowler hat with a rolled umbrella, plus a ratting cap for historic meetings. Throw away the pantaloons and obtain a pair of Gor Blimey trousers.

There will be much more which I am sure your friends (not amis) here will help out with further advice on being truly English.

Oh! You must always refer to your good lady as 'the other 'alf' ''er indoors' or 'My Old Dutch'.

Please let me know if you need an 'elping and. Mate.

RF.
Old 20 Apr 2019, 19:49 (Ref:3898792)   #3331
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Don't forget the string for the trousers; and, a knotted handkerchief for the odd sunny day.
Old 20 Apr 2019, 20:16 (Ref:3898797)   #3332
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
25mph????? I must be joking, I was barely making 5 by the time I reached Hertfordshire.

In deference to my elders I didn't call you out about it, but I did wonder quite how rose tinted your spectacles are.

Gerry mate, now you're one of us you must remember that a gentleman NEVER casts doubt on another person's tall tale to his face. But privately....

Last edited by midgetman; 20 Apr 2019 at 20:22.
Old 20 Apr 2019, 20:25 (Ref:3898798)   #3333
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Who asked you? Bug off to the F1 forum where you belong. Cheeky young whippersnapper.
I'm not sure I belong there either...... Waif and stray......
Old 20 Apr 2019, 21:00 (Ref:3898800)   #3334
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'm not sure I belong there either...... Waif and stray......
You will find a warm welcome here ………….. as long as you are always polite to the older generation ie ME.

The F1 section is toxic, I never go there.
Old 20 Apr 2019, 21:06 (Ref:3898802)   #3335
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:

The F1 section is toxic, I never go there.
You must do or how do you know Ayse frequents it?
Old 20 Apr 2019, 23:45 (Ref:3898813)   #3336
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Well bang on time with the warm weather the slow worms came out of hibernation in our garden yesterday along with a grass snake that has also been spending the winter underground in the same place. They seem to sort of get along with each other and I have always wondered why the snakes never eat the slow worms ?
Is David Attenborough on Tenths ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 21 Apr 2019, 05:34 (Ref:3898828)   #3337
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Note to Gerry; You must always refer to your good lady as 'the other 'alf' ''er indoors' or 'My Old Dutch'. Please let me know if you need an 'elping and.
Thanks for Your help, mon Ami Bob. I started to fill my to do list and, more important, the not to do list. Because You suggest, my other half is somewhat surprised by some minor changes. She barely noticed I now scratch my head with my left hand that's fine. I feel other questions might be embarrassing… PM please?
Old 21 Apr 2019, 05:51 (Ref:3898829)   #3338
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
You must do or how do you know Ayse frequents it?
Tim, he was one of the people who drove me away, constant bickering, insulting posts, personal insults, generally being, a bl00dy nuisance!

He couldn't stand it any longer so I had to leave.
Old 21 Apr 2019, 08:21 (Ref:3898844)   #3339
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Tim, he was one of the people who drove me away, constant bickering, insulting posts, personal insults, generally being, a bl00dy nuisance!

He couldn't stand it any longer so I had to leave.
Did you hear about the Morgans?
Old 21 Apr 2019, 09:02 (Ref:3898847)   #3340
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
New addition to our Delta family. Very excited.Click image for larger version

Name:	Lotus Elite..JPG
Views:	34
Size:	1.85 MB
ID:	52928
Old 21 Apr 2019, 09:07 (Ref:3898848)   #3341
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Gerry mate, now you're one of us you must remember that a gentleman NEVER casts doubt on another person's tall tale to his face.
Got it, mate! "They" have a proverb here saying: Quand les types de 130 kilos disent certaines choses, les types de 60 kilos les écoutent! Strangely they still use kilos instead of pounds. Seems the so called civilisation has been going down to the john recently over here!
Old 21 Apr 2019, 09:09 (Ref:3898849)   #3342
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Confirmation, delta is an Elite driver! Isn't it too fast to lawn the grass?
Old 21 Apr 2019, 09:34 (Ref:3898853)   #3343
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
New addition to our Delta family. Very excited.Attachment 52928
Excellent. Where will it race? Is it with the Masters GD?
Old 21 Apr 2019, 09:34 (Ref:3898854)   #3344
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
New addition to our Delta family. Very excited.Attachment 52928

Nice.

I remember how disappointed you were when Compte's Elite departed.

Presumably, given the names on the door, it's in good shape and ready to go?
Old 21 Apr 2019, 09:39 (Ref:3898856)   #3345
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
YEP I tested her last Friday and she is buitifull . Silverstone Classic here we come .
Old 21 Apr 2019, 09:43 (Ref:3898858)   #3346
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
YEP I tested her last Friday and she is buitifull . Silverstone Classic here we come .
Good stuff. We may even be sharing a garage.

Who was the previous owner I seem to recognise it.
Old 21 Apr 2019, 10:26 (Ref:3898869)   #3347
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Wonderful.
Old 21 Apr 2019, 11:15 (Ref:3898876)   #3348
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Thanks for Your help, mon Ami Bob. I started to fill my to do list and, more important, the not to do list.
One very important aspect of ‘Britishness’ to note, Gerard, is that when we protest ‘en masse’, the gathering will more likely resemble a 1960s hippie reunion, and there will be no yellow vests.... Tents, music, fancy dress, poetry, but no bonfires- except for boiling a kettle to make tea.
Old 21 Apr 2019, 11:18 (Ref:3898878)   #3349
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Good stuff. We may even be sharing a garage.

Who was the previous owner I seem to recognise it.
Andrew Beaumont. Nice car, as his always are! Hope the new owner enjoys it.

If my recent email hasn’t resulted in me being black-balled by the GD race organiser, will see you there....

Last edited by Mike Bell; 21 Apr 2019 at 11:22. Reason: Sp
Old 21 Apr 2019, 11:23 (Ref:3898881)   #3350
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
.. but no bonfires- except for boiling a kettle to make tea.

Which is, of course, a disgusting source of CO2 pollution forced into other people's 'private space'.

These are people without shame - or in some cases even a recognition that others exist at all and may have opinions about things.

And the whole 'tea' thing ... so colonial ....

Closed Thread