Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 2 Apr 2006, 08:23 (Ref:1567582)   #1
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
A1GP Predictions Competition 2005/06 - Final Results

OK, first things first, results from China:
3pt:
Paddockman
speedfreek
Kiwi3
maltafan
2pt:
dazbaz
CU Motorsport
Mekola
Saleen S7R
Alwaysfirst
x_dt
chunterer
Mystery
Red Bulldog
Kebab
Bruno Lamy
MattA1
foxy mole
marcus
1pt:
Asp
ScotsBrutesFan
Foster
Miranda

So, congratulations to the group of winners which makes the table of round winners look thus:
Brands Hatch - foxy mole
Lausitz - x_dt
Estoril - ScotsBrutesFan, Toot Toot & Paulzinho
Eastern Creek - kidzer
Sepang - kiwi3
Dubai - Saleen S7R & Foster
Durban - maltafan
Sentul - Saleen S7R, Paddockman, Alwaysfirst, Foster & Mekola
Monterrey - Saleen S7R, x_dt & devil racer nz
Laguna Seca - Miranda
Shanghai - Paddockman, speedfreek, Kiwi3, maltafan

Well done to all those names, but obviously well done to everyone to entering throughout the year. Here are the names of everyone who entered, in final championship standings, in reverse order:

1pt:mandretti39
pirenzo
madmed
2pt:spiderwoman
Ingsy
Oaksnaf
Mackmot
VAJRA
Skam85
koojte
Raymondo
CU Motorsport
3pt:Hepatic
WapFlap
jump
TSR
farooqaziz
4pt:the_royksopp
TheMong
Garson007
I love 04s
5pt:Mark Webber
6pt:Paulzinho
LucaBadoer
7pt:Hazza
AndyVolykhov
MattA1
8pt:toot toot
touringlegend
9pt:girl r4cer
10pt:bocster
12pt:kidzer
Kebab
15pt:Christopher
18pt:Daisy
x_dt
19pt:Alwaysfirst
20pt:speedfreek
21pt:beau1
24pt:kicking-back
Miranda
Paddockman
25pt:chunterer
27pt:kiwi3
28pt:Mystery
29pt:Red Bulldog
30pt:dazbaz_99
31pt:Bruno_Lamy
34pt:Gerben24
devil racer nz
36pt:Foster
maltafan
40pt:Asp
41pt:ScotsBrutesFan
foxy mole
44pt:marcus
46pt:Saleen S7R
Mekola

Mega congratulations to Saleen S7R and Mekola, our joint champions, and I hope you'll all be back for the 06/07 season starting in October!
Old 2 Apr 2006, 12:39 (Ref:1567814)   #2
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Congratulations also to Mekola and Marcus, has been a very close season.

Old 3 Apr 2006, 09:45 (Ref:1568840)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Hmmmm I could have sworn I won a round during the season ??

Oh well doesnt matter i came up 2 points short.

well done evryone on a great year and well done A1 GP

Should we have a count back between mekola and Saleen to see who rightfully came out on top ??

well done guys
Old 3 Apr 2006, 12:19 (Ref:1568963)   #4
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Congrats guys

The first 10-10ths comp I've entered and finished in the top 5. I'm well chuffed with that.

Old 3 Apr 2006, 12:47 (Ref:1568991)   #5
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I reckon we were 4th equal, ScotsBrutes Fan - sounds better! It was the first time I've done one of these, too. Hindsight's a wonderful thing. My failure was to have too much faith in Nelsinho Piquet for too long!

Congratulations indeed to the winners. It was a very difficult Series to predict. I think the maximum score available per round was 14 points, but look at yesterday - the round winners scored 3! I blame the Race Director and Stewards for giving all those false start penalties...
Old 3 Apr 2006, 22:02 (Ref:1569571)   #6
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
technically you guys were equal 3rd I guess.

saleen and mekola were equal first , I was a clear second and you 2 were equal third.

is that how it officially works anyway ???
Old 4 Apr 2006, 10:27 (Ref:1569945)   #7
Miranda
Rookie

Netherlands
Zoetermeer - the Netherlands
Miranda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
congrats guys! great job
Old 5 Apr 2006, 12:43 (Ref:1571388)   #8
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus
Should we have a count back between mekola and Saleen to see who rightfully came out on top ??
Hmm, now there is a idea.
Old 5 Apr 2006, 16:10 (Ref:1571510)   #9
maltafan
Veteran

Malta
obviously, Malta
maltafan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
YAYY

I ended 7th, and starting 2 races late!!

Thanks to ASP for organising
Old 5 Apr 2006, 17:24 (Ref:1571556)   #10
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Jeez, I'd hate to see your celebration if you actually won, SALEEN.

Congrats to all.
Old 6 Apr 2006, 10:02 (Ref:1572066)   #11
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Jeez, I'd hate to see your celebration if you actually won, SALEEN.
What do you mean IF?
Old 6 Apr 2006, 15:32 (Ref:1572354)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, you were a joint winner.

It's different in knowlesy's book.
Old 6 Apr 2006, 17:57 (Ref:1572460)   #13
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
It's differnt in my book too, but unless the organiser of this predictions competition wishes to actually do a countback I am afraid there will only be a joint winner. In a tie breaker situation like this I would personally count back who has won the most rounds of of the A1 predictions competition to come up with a overall winner.
Old 6 Apr 2006, 18:03 (Ref:1572468)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I'm only pulling your leg here SALEEN, you are a joint winner...which is a winner I think.

Just ignore my jealousy at having never won anything since some stupid fairground game when I was six. *sob*

Although I see Mekola won one round compared to your three, so just pretend you were better or something!
Old 6 Apr 2006, 18:06 (Ref:1572469)   #15
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I wonder why SALEEN would want to do that then...

I forgot to mention this earlier, but thanks to Kicking-back initially and then to Asp for running this competition. It's been quite a challenge!
Old 6 Apr 2006, 18:07 (Ref:1572471)   #16
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxy mole
I wonder why you would want to do that then...
Woudn't you?
Old 6 Apr 2006, 19:52 (Ref:1572545)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Hey, it's maybe a bit late now, but I reckon you devise a tie breaker for this competition. Come on, let's have a real winner!

They don't share championships in motorsport if there is a way of seperating tied competitors after all!

Let's have a fight to the death between Mekola and SALEEN S7R, or failing that a results countback!
Old 6 Apr 2006, 19:57 (Ref:1572551)   #18
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
I think a tie breaker isnt really realistic, a results countback however is, its easier to do too.
Old 6 Apr 2006, 20:02 (Ref:1572556)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I agree, more or less.
Old 6 Apr 2006, 20:29 (Ref:1572570)   #20
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Like in motorsport, if winners are tied, see who won the most wins?
Old 7 Apr 2006, 07:52 (Ref:1572866)   #21
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Let's have a fight to the death between Mekola and SALEEN S7R, or failing that a results countback!
Fight to the death, now that sounds cool.... Gentlemen, choose your weapons!

Seriously, I considered adding a tie-breaker, but that's best done on a "who will win the championship" idea (otherwise it just becomes extra round points), so obviously it was too late to do that.
As far as I'm concerned, you're both winners - it's only for fun anyway! Sadly there's no prize (this year...), so you can both have gloating rights until the new season!
Old 7 Apr 2006, 15:19 (Ref:1573219)   #22
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Ah well, lesson learned for next season!

Give two tie-breaker questions at the start of the year or something!