Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 2 Sep 2010, 08:35 (Ref:2753532)   #51
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Looks like I will now be at Donington on Sunday with a car but not racing. Will need a full face helmet for first time.......

So long as you dont leave the pit lane there like you did at the 360
Old 2 Sep 2010, 08:51 (Ref:2753543)   #52
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Hence the full face helmet- so no one will recognise me
Old 2 Sep 2010, 09:05 (Ref:2753552)   #53
FMS
Rookie

FMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee View Post
I don't think we can manage the whole collection!
However, a significant number will be out plus a number of privately owned cars that have featured in Donington's history....and even one or two that are just historic cars in their own right.

LOL and thanks - just wanted to confirm that the collection demos were running on the Sunday as well as the Saturday.
Old 2 Sep 2010, 09:38 (Ref:2753564)   #54
AGD A105/6
Racer

England
SW London
AGD A105/6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there with the A105 in the Oldies but Goldies and Pre-66 Under 2 litres race. New, beefier front springs fitted in an effort to keep the inside rear on the ground, and bringing a bigger hammer to ensure the drums seat properly this time...

Checked with Masters, they have agreed with the MSA that the revised chicane layout does not constitute a "new" circuit so if you've raced at Donington before, no need to attend the new drivers' driefing.

Donington tell me that blanket in-car video permission is granted provided the set-up passes scrutineering.
Old 2 Sep 2010, 10:05 (Ref:2753569)   #55
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Davenall View Post
. . .
Checked with Masters, they have agreed with the MSA that the revised chicane layout does not constitute a "new" circuit so if you've raced at Donington before, no need to attend the new drivers' briefing.. . .
But, annoyingly, it will mean that all lap records are mere history.

So who is going to leave on Sunday with the outright lap record - it has got to be one of you.

And also, for a future day, who will take the outright full circuit record in place of a Mr Senna?

Regards

Jim
Old 2 Sep 2010, 11:59 (Ref:2753610)   #56
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimW View Post
And also, for a future day, who will take the outright full circuit record in place of a Mr Senna?
I thought that was set going through the old pit lane off Melbourne loop, which I don`t think is possible now.
Old 2 Sep 2010, 12:38 (Ref:2753617)   #57
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Crook View Post
I thought that was set going through the old pit lane off Melbourne loop, which I don`t think is possible now.
If/when the loop is operational my guess is the circuit will be the same - the new esses won't be in play.

The access through the pits off the loop is still possible - or was not so long ago. I've seen bikes using it. However I doubt that the wet shortcut would work with pit lane speed restrictions ...!
Old 2 Sep 2010, 15:42 (Ref:2753683)   #58
Unit 2 Racing
Racer

United Kingdom
Ormesby St. Margaret, Norfolk UK
Unit 2 Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Will need a full face helmet for first time.......

Could he be the NEW Stig ?

There are people who drive racing cars and there are Racing Drivers. Gilles Villenuve
Old 2 Sep 2010, 16:16 (Ref:2753694)   #59
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm at Brands but wish you good luck for this meeting - welcome back Donington!
Old 2 Sep 2010, 16:23 (Ref:2753700)   #60
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit 2 Racing View Post
Could he be the NEW Stig ?
No,I doubt it,don't forget that "Skentellytubby" has just bought a nice new white pair.

[just hope the beeb doesn't change the colour!]
Old 2 Sep 2010, 16:40 (Ref:2753709)   #61
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
No,I doubt it,don't forget that "Skentellytubby" has just bought a nice new white pair.
Yup, my money is on Simon S
Old 3 Sep 2010, 06:59 (Ref:2753940)   #62
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As the only professional racing driver I know I always suspected Terry as being the Stig - just shows how wrong you can be!
Old 3 Sep 2010, 11:24 (Ref:2753993)   #63
skentellytubby
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester
skentellytubby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

[just hope the beeb doesn't change the colour!]

Not another one taking the mick out of my lovely overalls!!! You wouldn't believe how many people took the p*ss on Monday.

Luckily they are falling apart (they were on the Demon Tweeks cheapo shelf) so a nice new black set will be purchased to save further embarrassment.

Anyway, must rush. Got a meeting with my lawyer...
Old 3 Sep 2010, 16:25 (Ref:2754107)   #64
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
As the only professional racing driver I know I always suspected Terry as being the Stig - just shows how wrong you can be!

Bored at work Simon? Perhaps you could find something else to while away the hour's?
Old 3 Sep 2010, 16:26 (Ref:2754108)   #65
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post

Bored at work Simon? Perhaps you could find something else to while away the hour's and not bore everyone on here?.
Old 3 Sep 2010, 16:28 (Ref:2754111)   #66
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by skentellytubby View Post
Not another one taking the mick out of my lovely overalls!!! You wouldn't believe how many people took the p*ss on Monday.

Luckily they are falling apart (they were on the Demon Tweeks cheapo shelf) so a nice new black set will be purchased to save further embarrassment.

Anyway, must rush. Got a meeting with my lawyer...
Give her my best regards Simon.I hope you'll not be returning to tweaks for the new suit?
Old 3 Sep 2010, 16:34 (Ref:2754112)   #67
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Any news or qualifying results about ?
Old 3 Sep 2010, 16:43 (Ref:2754122)   #68
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
How much is it to get in for saturday and sunday, all seem a bit coy on line to divulge?
Old 3 Sep 2010, 16:51 (Ref:2754125)   #69
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
How much is it to get in for saturday and sunday, all seem a bit coy on line to divulge?
£16 either day or £25 for both.
Old 3 Sep 2010, 16:56 (Ref:2754128)   #70
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
And will I get away parking my Dayvan up in the outer paddock on the grassed area? (To spend the night there of course)
Old 3 Sep 2010, 17:23 (Ref:2754143)   #71
skentellytubby
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
Give her my best regards Simon.I hope you'll not be returning to tweaks for the new suit?
Ha ha! It was really in reference to the Stig's day out in the High Court.

Well with regards overalls, the key things are cheap and.....BLACK!! Should've realised only fast drivers can get away with white!

I may be there on Sunday, so I'll keep an eye out for you when you aren't in the Beemer.
Old 3 Sep 2010, 17:45 (Ref:2754153)   #72
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
And will I get away parking my Dayvan up in the outer paddock on the grassed area? (To spend the night there of course)
I think a 'Do you know who I am' in appropraite but indignant voice followed by reference to your recent TV coverage should do the trick.

Hope to see you there Al!

Old 3 Sep 2010, 17:50 (Ref:2754155)   #73
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Well with regards overalls, the key things are cheap and.....BLACK!! Should've realised only fast drivers can get away with white!
The main criteria are- oil leaks? Does your car spray oil round the seating area, and whether you are prone to working on your car while still dressed in racesuit............

If yes to either (or both) choose black.......
Old 3 Sep 2010, 18:30 (Ref:2754170)   #74
skentellytubby
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
The main criteria are- oil leaks? Does your car spray oil round the seating area, and whether you are prone to working on your car while still dressed in racesuit............

If yes to either (or both) choose black.......
I do tend to get dragged into working on the oily bits while I'm still in suit. Mind you, after my off on the exit of Shell I now have another reason to have darker overalls...
Old 3 Sep 2010, 18:56 (Ref:2754178)   #75
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Mind you, after my off on the exit of Shell I now have another reason to have darker overalls...
OK, there is a third criteria

Whoops, very much OT this is the Donny thread, See you there sunday? Should be in one of first 4 garages if you are around.