Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 11 Feb 2011, 11:06 (Ref:2829579)   #26
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I find no fault with this one. I see all five overtaging spots, too

The only thing I would consider is taking the right side of the track (everything right of - and including - the loop) and push it to the right a bit, thus extending the S/F straight, the back straight and the one with the bridge. I think the S/F straight and the bridge straight could do with some more length.

But it's a minor thing really, the tracks is fine.

bio
Old 11 Feb 2011, 12:53 (Ref:2829622)   #27
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Here are the current dimensions

I forgot to say that the track is ony 14m wide rather than my usual 14.5m.
Attached Thumbnails
feb 1 dims.jpg  
Old 12 Feb 2011, 07:03 (Ref:2829964)   #28
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
I like it a lot. Very spectacular.....
Maybe Bernie will abandon Tilke and give you a go.... The double flyover is an awesome feature.

Its the sort of track you could enter for a design competition for an arab emirate or and rich oil baron somewhere....
Old 12 Feb 2011, 10:39 (Ref:2830033)   #29
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Well, Kuwait doesn't have a Grand Prix yet

bio
Old 12 Feb 2011, 17:56 (Ref:2830175)   #30
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't know if Kuwait wants to claim either that circuit or this my second February.

This anti clockwise circuit has 17 corners.
5.515 kms or 3.48 miles

The circuit dimensions are shown, in this case the track is 14.5m wide throughout.

No real elevation changes as I thought I'd keep this one fairly simple.

As usual comments criticism and edits are welcomed.
Attached Thumbnails
Feb 2 Top view.jpg   Feb 2 Dims.jpg   Feb 2 T3.jpg  

Feb 2 T8_10.jpg   Feb 2 T15.jpg   Feb 2 last corner.jpg  

Old 12 Feb 2011, 20:35 (Ref:2830236)   #31
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
My only comment against anything on it is because I am not a fan of tight hairpins after the start... Just a personal thing.
Otherwise it is great circuit in the modern idiom. Everything is there.

Maybe run anticlockwise it might be just as interesting. Just shift the sandtraps.
Old 12 Feb 2011, 23:42 (Ref:2830289)   #32
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
You mean clockwise, right, Teretonga? (The track as shown does run counter clockwise.)
Old 13 Feb 2011, 04:06 (Ref:2830382)   #33
Teretonga
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
You mean clockwise, right, Teretonga? (The track as shown does run counter clockwise.)
Yes purist. Correct. My mistake.
Old 14 Feb 2011, 07:20 (Ref:2830871)   #34
tlongman
Racer

United States
New Jersey
tlongman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like this one a lot SBF. Good flow, good shape and some interesting corners. I especially like how the last turn unwinds like that. My only critique would be that the first corner might be a bit too tight. Something around the radius of the hairpin at Montreal might be a bit better, especially for the first turn. Just my opinion though.
Old 14 Feb 2011, 10:20 (Ref:2830933)   #35
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I've tried making this in rFactor, SBF

The bridge is so tricky. I think i've actually modelled the track fairly well. I had tried doing one for SpeedingTortoise not long ago, but had so many difficulties. For whatever reason, this track seemed to work a little better.

I would show you some images but unfortunately, and I really mean unfortunately, i'm a work

Selby
Old 14 Feb 2011, 10:51 (Ref:2830951)   #36
bio
Veteran

Hungary
What's the problem with the bridge, Dan?

bio
Old 14 Feb 2011, 14:58 (Ref:2831043)   #37
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I'll PM you mate, rather than clogging SBF's thread

Selby
Old 15 Feb 2011, 18:24 (Ref:2831723)   #38
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
February 1, the Crossover, is nice and has a good flow, but the final fast Esse might have a runoff problem to do with the pitlane being so close. That kerb on the inside of the 1st half of the Esse better be extremely flat to nonexistent.

February 2 has got a Hugenholtz-y shape, but I'm sorry to say that for it to be a real Hugenholtz, it's too much on the Mickey-Mousey side. That can be fixed fairly easily, though. To do that, please remove the kink that is Turn 2 and have a straight run from the hairpin, T1 into T3. The next change would be the 2 right-handers of T3 and T4. In the configuration you have got now, they are way too much like Detroit Downtown. I'd turn them into one single bend, going round almost 180 degrees, the kind of sweeper you already have got elsewhere on the circuit. Only make it a symmetrical one this time around. You might lose a possible overtaking opportunity, but I think in this case, it's worth it.
The next change I see comes after the Esses of T5 and T6. The corner that enters the backstretch, T7, is too tight and I feel it needs a larger radius for the track to be really Hugenholtz-y. In turn, the corner at the end of the backstretch, T8, could be transformed into a full 90 degree angle at the radius it has got now. It would then form part of an Esse that fades out into the bowed part that is between T8 and T9.
I add an edit (sorry for my amateurish graphics) here. I hope you like my suggestions
Attached Thumbnails
Feb 2 Dims_by_ScotsBrutesFan_myedit.JPG  

Last edited by Yannick; 15 Feb 2011 at 18:32.
Old 17 Feb 2011, 01:23 (Ref:2832456)   #39
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
THis track is quite different from your usual big time venues, I like it quite a lot, very interesting, I would add myself in the list of people that think T1 is a little too tight, especially for a T1, being an overtaking spot I see a lot of possibilities of a first corner pile up, x10 if raining.

other than that it's kind of a scientific circuit with planned corners and nice shapes, just like the ones I like, rethink T1 and this would be a classic IMHO
Old 17 Feb 2011, 01:45 (Ref:2832460)   #40
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
I'm a little lost in inspiration at this moment but I'd suggest "something"
Attached Thumbnails
Feb 2 Dims.jpg  
Old 17 Feb 2011, 19:18 (Ref:2832897)   #41
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I think that edit makes for a very good definitive version, Luiggi, if SBF agrees with it.
Old 17 Feb 2011, 23:42 (Ref:2833063)   #42
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
I certainly have no issue with the shape and style of the extension.

My only concern would be that it would likely take up to or over 4 miles
Old 19 Feb 2011, 01:02 (Ref:2833563)   #43
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
OK so Feb 3

This one is a bit of a contradiction as it has angular corners in abundance, yet also has a very flowing section.

I was almost tempted to call this circuit hammer head as when seen in the Dimensions view the flowing section is similar (in my eyes anyway). But on adding in the necessary gravel, grass and other circuits furniture the effect is lost somewhat.

To add to the First image, though it'll be apparent from the other images the circuit runs Clockwise, my first to do so for a while.

I suspect this circuit will be rather have pleaty of Like this bit but not that bit, so... as always comments, criticisms and possible edits are welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
Feb 3 Dims.jpg   Feb 3 Top View.jpg   Feb 3 T1.jpg  

Feb 3 hammer.jpg   Feb 3 angular section.jpg   Feb 3 Final Corner.jpg  

Old 19 Feb 2011, 01:16 (Ref:2833566)   #44
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
the only thing I don't agree is that t9(i guess) ilyta hairpin, its kind of pointy , breaks the flow somewhat, otherwise very interesting.I see you like multi apex corners
Old 19 Feb 2011, 02:01 (Ref:2833578)   #45
Teretonga
Veteran

I actually like the turn 9 hairpin and have no problem with it, because it is halfway around the circuit and would create an overtaking opportunity.
Its the multi apex 11-12-13 that I find awkward. I don't mind multi apex but I'd flow it a lot more, make it a lot more rounded than it is. Thats more of the persdonal opinion though rather than a design fault.
Other than that I reckon its great.
Old 19 Feb 2011, 11:14 (Ref:2833715)   #46
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Aother great one from you.

I'm not sure the hairpin is really a good overtaking spot since the fast section before it seems too short - but I don't have anything against the hairpin either.

bio

PS: How long is your pitlane?
Old 19 Feb 2011, 15:38 (Ref:2833804)   #47
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
The length of the area in front of the garages is about 350m, when compared to real word circuit, is huge, Barcelona is 290m, Monza only 250m

The width of the "driving lane" and and "pit box" Lane are both 4m with the coloured divider being 1.5m.
I've marked up a few other dimension of the pits there for you.
Attached Thumbnails
Feb 3 pitlane.jpg  

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 19 Feb 2011 at 15:46.
Old 19 Feb 2011, 18:45 (Ref:2833896)   #48
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Yep, that sure sounds enough to me thank you

bio
Old 22 Feb 2011, 00:29 (Ref:2834972)   #49
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Hot on the heels of Feb 3 comes Feb 4.

I havent bothered with grandstands and bridges or tunnels this time as it I might have time to squeeze out a 5th for February...not promising though.

Anyway Feb 4 is actually 2 different circuits in one.

The short circuit runs Anti clockwise
4.026 km or 2.516 miles in length

The long circuit runs clockwise
6.779 km or 4.237 miles

As usual, comments, criticism and possible edits are welcome. So much so for the Sketchup users out their I've included the file for a closer look.
Attached Thumbnails
Feb 4 Short Top.jpg   Feb 4 Long Top.jpg   Feb 4 Dims.jpg  

Attached Files
File Type: skp Feb 4.skp (542.3 KB, 3 views)
Old 22 Feb 2011, 00:58 (Ref:2834979)   #50
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
I like the overal shape and the corner types and order, what I don't know what to say is about the concept of the two circuits. you can never have a "big" circuit by joining those two in any way possible, and never have both of them simultaneously, I might be getting too practical here, but I think if you were to invest money in a circuit you would want to maximize it's possibilities , so the circuit is just fine with me, it's the logistic viewpoint...then again I might be wrong though...!