Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 9 May 2004, 14:07 (Ref:965287)   #1
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Driver killed in Spa Classic F3 race

An italian driver has been killed at Spa today (Sunday) in the Classic F3 race. The race been cancelled. I will post more details when I can.
Old 9 May 2004, 14:16 (Ref:965311)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What with the news from the Mille Miglia, this is a bad week for Classic and Historic motorsport.

Terribly sad news. My condolences to the driver's family and friends.
Old 9 May 2004, 14:33 (Ref:965365)   #3
Redracer77
Veteran

my uncle was involved in one of the crashes at Spa but fortunatly for him not the one that cost us a life. He is still quite upset about the events today.
Old 9 May 2004, 14:44 (Ref:965401)   #4
Redracer77
Veteran

The crash seems to have happend on the long fast left hander (not sure of the name) where the italian driver made contact with a class b car (Formula Renault) and barrel rolled. It was reported that his helmet came off during the crash. The driver died at the scene.

Condolences go out to his family (his brother was also in the race and had won the earlier race)
Old 9 May 2004, 18:57 (Ref:965762)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That sounds like either Pouhon or Blanchiment. Both very fast left handers.
Old 10 May 2004, 16:41 (Ref:966664)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He was doing what we were all doing that weekend - enjoying ourselves at Spa.

I'd like to offer my condolences to the driver's family and friends. All the drivers from our race had a few moments of reflection.
Old 10 May 2004, 19:42 (Ref:966829)   #7
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This terrible thing happened at Pouhon. My regards go especially to his brother who was in the same race. e were waiting for our start in the 1ghr race, terrible to witness. can't stop thinking about him