Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 30 Jun 2011, 22:04 (Ref:2908927)   #1
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Round 8 - Moto GP 2011, Mugello

Mugello! An epic race track just got better, as they have resurfaced it. The riders that have ridden on it seem pleased. What does that mean for the GP race? Probably nothing, as it will most likely be a spread out procession. With that said, this is one circuit that I will stomache that for. It just has a great flow and watching the best in the world on it is a pleasure.

The fireworks have started early (or handbags), since Pedrosa and Simoncelli were seated next to each other in the press conference. Pedrosa said "If someone is still in doubt about this? Unbelievable..." He also stated that all that Simoncelli has on his head is hair. Simoncelli said "The things he and his manager says are stupid, it's better to say nothing." Looking forward to the on track stuff.

On paper this is all Stoner. Pedrosa will probably be too tender to contend over a race distance, but maybe he can pull some quick laps. Dovi looks podium bound again. Spies will be riding high with confidence and Lorenzo will be simmering over Assen. But I don't think the Yamaha riders will have enough. Although I didn't think a Yamaha would win at Assen on a dry track...

So, enter Rossi on his 11.1 slash 2012 motorcycle, destroked and massaged to 2011 status. If the weather is warm, the bike should do a bit better. But it's a big ask for even a podium given the on form riders on better equipment. It is Rossi though, and this is Mugello. The other Ducati trouble? They're using up engines.

How about the weather? It was warm today, but they are saying it could change.
Old 2 Jul 2011, 16:57 (Ref:2913986)   #2
ujoint
Racer

United States
usa, virginia
ujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The duke's will have every secret known to man out for this one.
Old 3 Jul 2011, 09:46 (Ref:2917224)   #3
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Haha, never seen anything like it in many years of watching 125 racing. Terol has such an enormous speed advantage he simply waits until the last bend, gets within a few bike lengths and wins by about 4 bike lengths on pure power, not even a slipstream!

What a joke of a class when one guy has about 5 horsepower more than anyone else. Load of tosh
Old 3 Jul 2011, 09:52 (Ref:2917227)   #4
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
it was obvious even when leading.. he actually pulled away a little from Zarco ..
hopefully it will get better with 4strokes

Ciao Marco
Old 3 Jul 2011, 11:01 (Ref:2917272)   #5
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No Dani Marques bike is quicker than everyones too, he was pulling speed everywhere, helps that he is about as big as a flea!!

Bradley was quicker I think. But fair polay to Bradl. What I hate is the Toby Moody/Marques lovefest. Its getting very annoying
Old 3 Jul 2011, 16:34 (Ref:2917515)   #6
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I don't even think the Moto GP is worth discussing, I suppose it was good to see Lorenzo over the line first
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 3 Jul 2011, 18:18 (Ref:2917553)   #7
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know some think its a joke but at least with the claiming rule teams we might get some decent action at the back, a full field of points scorers and somebody to worry Elias/Suzuki and the slower Dukes.

Thought Barbarella did well on his Aspar Duke today, and Bautista for a bit, also Tiger Tonys start was a beauty.
Old 4 Jul 2011, 06:50 (Ref:2917736)   #8
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
No Dani Marques bike is quicker than everyones too, he was pulling speed everywhere, helps that he is about as big as a flea!!

Bradley was quicker I think. But fair polay to Bradl. What I hate is the Toby Moody/Marques lovefest. Its getting very annoying
it does look like Marquez has good machinery .. bike almost custom made for him

shame that Iannone ate tyres for breakfast to close the gap .. once again he just needs to qualify good(and not crash when he does)

anyway .. Moto2 was a good race

Ciao Marco
Old 4 Jul 2011, 07:53 (Ref:2917749)   #9
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I thnk Marques bike is pretty much made for him yes, especially when you consider most of the other Suter riders are using chopped about chassis and the likes of Redding are struggling like hell.

Money talks sadly in GP especially if you are Spanish. Makes me sick to the stomach.

The lad is good enough already without all this, but I think Vinales is better. It took Marques a long time to win in 125 and he often wasnt as quick as his team mates on Honda and KTM bikes early on. Vinales is already super quick, and Bradl is riding better in Moto2 so far this year.

Just get him on a Repsol in GP and be done with it, its oibviously where he is heading for Gods sake
Old 4 Jul 2011, 10:01 (Ref:2917817)   #10
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Be interesting to see who he replaces at Repsol Honda...
Old 4 Jul 2011, 11:00 (Ref:2917838)   #11
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I reckon Pedrosa, Dani has had very many changes and very many Hondas built around him.

Casey has got on that same bike and made him look silly.

Dovi will go to Gresini next year alndside Sic and Dani will stay for a year then move on, perhaps to a team on his own as I cant see Puig ever leaving his beloved second son.

Dani should, he would be better off I think.
Old 7 Jul 2011, 21:06 (Ref:2923460)   #12
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm surprised that nobody has commented on the monday test yet, where we saw the Suter-BMW bike along side the 800's. At the end of the day Kallio (riding the Suter-BMW) was 6.3 seconds off Stoner. Now Kallio aside, how does this bode for the Claming Rule Team formula?

I think the Suter is maybe not the best option at the moment considering the Moto 2 form. Then add in a BMW with BMW electronics, and I'd like to see someone else's bike before passing judgement. But it dont look good.

If you'd like to read more, David Emmett has a piece on it here:

http://motomatters.com/analysis/2011..._a_doomed.html