Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Jul 2004, 15:28 (Ref:1050976)   #1
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sears pushing Bourdais to F1

Can't get onto the link below, but here's the blurb and the link for all you Autosport subscribers! Note to self: must subscribe...

http://www.autosport.com/pc_subscrib...=38824&s=5&p=1

"Champ Car star Sebastien Bourdais could be a surprise contender for an F1
seat for next season, according to his manager David Sears.

Bourdais won the 2002 FIA F3000 title with Sears's Super Nova team, but headed to the US last season after securing a ride with the title-winning Newman-Haas Champ Car, having been unable to attract any interest in grand prix racing."

Personally would love to see him in a decent F1 drive next season! Would be great for Williams to at least give him a run-out...
Old 29 Jul 2004, 15:41 (Ref:1050985)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He'd be welcome, as long as he's learned his lesson from Le Mans, which was one of the most disgraceful things I've seen and heard in motorsport.
Old 29 Jul 2004, 17:07 (Ref:1051085)   #3
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Uhm,... what happened there then? :confused:
Old 29 Jul 2004, 17:11 (Ref:1051090)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He punted another driver off.

Not sure what the "heard" bits about.
Old 29 Jul 2004, 17:16 (Ref:1051097)   #5
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh, that's nice...

Btw, is the second line in your sig an actual quote from Mosley??
Old 29 Jul 2004, 17:18 (Ref:1051099)   #6
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He punted another driver off, then said on live TV he'd done it deliberately.

When said other driver, Martin Short, who was injured as a result of suspension failure from the punt causing him to crash, called Bourdais about it he denied all knowledge.
Old 29 Jul 2004, 17:21 (Ref:1051105)   #7
ASCII Man
Veteran

Martin Short?
Old 29 Jul 2004, 17:24 (Ref:1051108)   #8
Kicking-back
Veteran

No.

www.rollcentre.co.uk
Old 29 Jul 2004, 17:28 (Ref:1051114)   #9
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I believe this thread will clear up the matter. There are a few statements from Mr. Short himself in the thread as well. Young Mr. Bourdais has a lot to learn.

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...5&pagenumber=1
Old 29 Jul 2004, 17:29 (Ref:1051116)   #10
Kicking-back
Veteran

Thanks jhansen, that's the one I was looking for, but struggling!
Old 29 Jul 2004, 17:31 (Ref:1051118)   #11
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No worries K-B! I figured one of us would probably bring it up.

Old 29 Jul 2004, 18:38 (Ref:1051159)   #12
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If you want to see some real action sports, watch Le Mans...

(That's adapted from the words of the other Martin Short).

Seb would be a good driver to give a test to, but his most obvious berth at Rneault has now been closed off. Jaguar might be a possibility, but otherwise he might be jsut as wise to stay in CART and win a second title (he should do it this year).
Old 29 Jul 2004, 19:16 (Ref:1051199)   #13
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
wasn't he in the frame at Williams once?

Last edited by PaulSands; 29 Jul 2004 at 19:17.
Old 29 Jul 2004, 19:56 (Ref:1051240)   #14
Kicking-back
Veteran

Not that I recall.

He did a test in an Arrows in 2002 and for Renault at the end of that season.
Old 30 Jul 2004, 02:02 (Ref:1051498)   #15
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
anyway getting back on topic.

I'd love to see Bourdais in f1 , I think he has the makings of a very fine driver and definately has the skill and marketing potential to be a successfull F1 pilot.

now I havent read the link above but what team could he possibly be looking at ?

The second williams seat perhaps ???
Maybe even Sauber ??

The rest are probably not top line seats , and he wouldnt go to drive for Jordan or Jaguar surely ?
Old 30 Jul 2004, 02:48 (Ref:1051527)   #16
Led ZeppF1
Veteran

Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Led ZeppF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like to see Bourdais in F1. I hope he have chance to test in Williams's car, show his ability, and persuade Sir Frank to give second seat to him.

I know its almost imposible. Sir Frank need experienced driver, not potential good F1's driver. But, there is always a hope that dreams come true.

Well, if Williams didn't want to gambling, I hope Peter Sauber did its.
Old 30 Jul 2004, 04:21 (Ref:1051580)   #17
Led ZeppF1
Veteran

Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
David Sears believes that his man, Bourdais, will have chance to test F1's car this year.

“If Sebastien Bourdais hasn't got more to offer the F1 paddock than Gary Paffett, I will eat my Calvin Kleins,” Sears told Autosport and pick up by GP2003.com.

“I would say that at the moment Sebastien's name is being held in high esteem by leading members of the F1 paddock. I would say if he isn't testing an F1 car before the end of this year I will be extremely surprised."

http://www.gp2003.com/news/news.php?...th=7&year=2004
Old 30 Jul 2004, 06:43 (Ref:1051651)   #18
Mags
Veteran

Mags should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
jhansen, there are 3 sides to every story. I was THERE, and I'm telling you no matter what you think, Seb didn't do anything to Mr. Short on purpose.

I have his explination. I believe him. And I know you watch Champ Cars. Name me ONE incident where he has driven "dirty" as you are accusing him of. I say.. BRAVO and God Speed into F1. he's a heck of a driver and desirves it.
"I have a tendency to let my mind wander a bit during some of the yellow flag conditions; I look around, check out people in the stands, things like that" Darren Law - Lizard Extrordinaire and he's gonna be GT Leader and Brumos Porsche driver!
Old 30 Jul 2004, 06:58 (Ref:1051661)   #19
Led ZeppF1
Veteran

Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
I hope you are rights. Its true that every story have more than one side.

For instance, just take a look in every JPM-MS incidents's threads, and we will have so many side, opinion, argument, about every single incident.

Last edited by Led ZeppF1; 30 Jul 2004 at 07:00.
Old 30 Jul 2004, 07:06 (Ref:1051666)   #20
Mags
Veteran

In a nutshell, he said "I was behind the guy, going 200, and I see a puff of smoke. It could have been a campfire, smog, a moron buring out in a campsite or fireworks!" (If you have EVER been at Le Mans, you would know what he's talking about!!), it's the dead of night. My head is going "insert shaking like you are in a car on a bumpy surface here" and I'm already commited, I can't just stop! I have to keep going, I don't see lights, I don't know he is even THERE!""

Seb didn't ram into the guy; he didn't mean to take him out. It was a racing incident, and an error. Seb does't need to hit people to win. All he just needs to do is drive.
"I have a tendency to let my mind wander a bit during some of the yellow flag conditions; I look around, check out people in the stands, things like that" Darren Law - Lizard Extrordinaire and he's gonna be GT Leader and Brumos Porsche driver!
Old 30 Jul 2004, 07:18 (Ref:1051682)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Its unfortunate that M. Bourdais took out the one particular car that an awful lot of us Brits were rooting for (not surprisingly). Whatever the situation was, it spoiled the remainder of the race for me and many others, but still, water under the bridge.....

I'd certainly like to see Bourdais in F1. He deserves a chance more than several drivers already there.......
Old 30 Jul 2004, 07:22 (Ref:1051686)   #22
Mags
Veteran

But he didn't do it ON PURPOSE. And I hope everyone will, one day, realise it. He's a classy kid, a heck of a talent, and a great young man.
Old 30 Jul 2004, 07:28 (Ref:1051692)   #23
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Maybe not on purpose. Crass driving perhaps (I'm happy to go with Martin's view of the incident).

As I said, water under the bridge......
Old 30 Jul 2004, 07:33 (Ref:1051693)   #24
Mags
Veteran

Well, like I said, if you talked to him he would explain to you his side. And you should remember Seb is driving weekly in a Top-flight series.. and Martin is how old doing what and is how old???
Old 30 Jul 2004, 07:35 (Ref:1051696)   #25
Led ZeppF1
Veteran

Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
I'am sure he didn't do it on purpose. I didn't watch the race but I couldn't believe that Bourdais do dirty move like that.