Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 29 Jun 2006, 18:37 (Ref:1644360)   #1
Bowser
Rookie

Bowser should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
u got a link for us lazy people?
Old 29 Jun 2006, 21:33 (Ref:1644466)   #2
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jakes
OH by the way, has anyone seen the times for the Euro F3 test at Brands today?
I was just looking for those myself, with no luck. Got to be up early for the drive to Brands tomorrow, so time's running out!
Old 29 Jun 2006, 21:35 (Ref:1644467)   #3
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Go to F3 Euroseries website and then click on the Brands Hatch round and scroll down and they're there - good effort by Paul Di Resta - track knowledge obviously counting for a lot upto now!
Old 29 Jun 2006, 21:46 (Ref:1644471)   #4
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
F3 Euroseries @ Brands

Pre-event testing today. Session 1 times here and Session 2 times here.

Paul di Resta's looking strong, but then I suppose he should at this stage.
Old 29 Jun 2006, 21:48 (Ref:1644472)   #5
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Better still, go to the new thread I just started! This has nothing to do with BF3 at Mondello!
Old 29 Jun 2006, 21:50 (Ref:1644475)   #6
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks Gaz, just in time Only thought to look at the news page of the site when I was looking...
Old 30 Jun 2006, 08:08 (Ref:1644676)   #7
Bowser
Rookie

Bowser should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ahhh i see why Mr Jakes mentioned the times @ Brands.. quite a good showing from the Brit F3 gang; Walker and Jakes being the 2 heading the gang in respective Tests.

Quite surprised not to see other ukf3 regulars; carlin, 2xRR etc
Old 30 Jun 2006, 09:44 (Ref:1644744)   #8
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Cos it Brands Hatch Indy, theres not much to be gained from racing on there as its such a pants circuit! RRR have said they'll race at Norisring instead as preparation.

Good showing I agree by the British drivers but lets see how qualy goes today now that some of the rookie guys have got the hang of the circuit.
Old 30 Jun 2006, 11:38 (Ref:1644823)   #9
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Oi you, don't go saying nasty things about my fave circuit!
Old 30 Jun 2006, 12:22 (Ref:1644864)   #10
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Sorry Stephen!

For the DTM its just the right circuit and should produce a very good race but the F3 will be two snores I'm afraid!

Still it'll be good to see the likes of ASM on British shores as a change.
Old 30 Jun 2006, 12:39 (Ref:1644878)   #11
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
BF3 is on the GP circuit at the end of August and that should be much more interesting, as it's far more of a drivers' circuit.

The Indy circuit is great for spectators, which is why the DTM will have chosen to race on it, but Gaz is right, F3 doesn't really work on that.
Old 30 Jun 2006, 13:58 (Ref:1644934)   #12
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Actually I agree. I was pulling his leg.
Old 30 Jun 2006, 15:49 (Ref:1645004)   #13
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Green
Actually I agree. I was pulling his leg.
I didn't take you entirely seriously, Stephen.

This morning's free practice times are here. It's looking good for Manor Motorsport at the moment, but qualifying for race 1 should be taking place right about now. There is live timing from this page for those interested. You just click on the Live Timing banner about halfway down the page. Apologies for stating the obvious.

The British teams are not doing too badly so far. It's interesting that by and large they are ahead of the French Signature-Plus drivers, who wiped the floor with them in Pau. It must prove something... Wonder how Charlie Kimball feels about not staying in BF3 this year?
Old 30 Jun 2006, 16:24 (Ref:1645021)   #14
Clyde P. Puffer
Rookie

Wales
Mold, Wales
Clyde P. Puffer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree, some very good times set by the BF3 gang. It would of been nice to see the likes of RRR and Carlin to see what the BF3 pace is really like. It was a shame Pau had the french turn up, their experience of the track made the BF3 look a little silly!

Just for reference, the last time BF3 raced on the Indy circuit saw Nelson Piquet qualify on a 1:41.92. I know it is difficult to compare but that is a big difference to todays best of 1:42.32 on such a short circuit. Lets wait to next qualifying (with the DTM rubber) to see if they manage to go any quicker?
Old 30 Jun 2006, 16:27 (Ref:1645022)   #15
Noisy
Racer

Angola
Noisy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Where is average Jakes albeit slightly better?
Old 30 Jun 2006, 20:17 (Ref:1645206)   #16
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
If you followed the link you'd know Noisy!

Just to save you the trouble he's 7th, about where I would expect all things considered.
Old 30 Jun 2006, 22:00 (Ref:1645314)   #17
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Breaking news... Richard Antinucci qualified 2nd for Race 1, but his car was found to be underweight afterwards and he has been excluded from the race.
Old 30 Jun 2006, 22:29 (Ref:1645340)   #18
Noisy
Racer

Angola
What was Antinuci thinking? has he been excluded from the race or event?
Old 30 Jun 2006, 22:33 (Ref:1645346)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It is hardly Antinucci's fault! The car was underweight!
Old 30 Jun 2006, 22:36 (Ref:1645347)   #20
Noisy
Racer

Angola
If The car was underweight is Antinuci fault, no?
Old 30 Jun 2006, 22:38 (Ref:1645349)   #21
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If it is he who weighs and engineers the car, maybe.

But I have my doubts.
Old 30 Jun 2006, 22:41 (Ref:1645352)   #22
Noisy
Racer

Angola
He who weighs and engineers the car, maybe. If not are you saying that his team try to cheat? Who is Antinuci team?
Old 30 Jun 2006, 22:43 (Ref:1645355)   #23
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

It is more than likely an error on the team's (HBR) part. These things do happen from time to time.
Old 30 Jun 2006, 22:45 (Ref:1645363)   #24
Noisy
Racer

Angola
If his car was found to be underweight afterwards by an error on the team's (HBR) part the driver shouldn't be put on the brig.
Old 30 Jun 2006, 22:55 (Ref:1645378)   #25
Noisy
Racer

Angola
Richard Antinucci (HBR Motorsport) was disqualified after qualifying and excluded from Saturday’s seventh season round. The Dallara-Mercedes of the 25-year old American was found to be underweight.
Antinucci will still be taking part in tomorrow’s race, as his team HBR Motorsport has appealed against the decision by the stewards of the meeting.

Moreover, the stewards decided to declare void all lap times of Esteban Guerrieri (Manor Motorsport) because of ignoring the black flag several times. The Argentine ignored the black flag more than four times. He was given the black flag for crossing the white line at the first corner several times, which separates the track from the run-off area. The 21-year old will have to start tomorrow’s race from the 24th and last position.

In http://www.f3euroseries.com