Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 30 Nov 2018, 18:02 (Ref:3867075)   #726
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Does anybody know what the family business is that he is referring to here? Maybe in a few years he'll drop down the rankings and return to driving.
There's apparently a lot of money to be made in roadside metals, or at least Andy Blackmore (or user with that name on S365) them says this is the family business.

Universal Industrial Sales in Utah. https://www.uisutah.com

Universal Industrial Sales, Inc. is a steel fabrication company located in Lindon, Utah.* We are among the largest suppliers of Sign Structures and Highway Products in the United States.* Universal’s strategic intent is to become one of the premier manufacturers of Overhead Sign Structures, Guardrail, Bridge Rail and Custom Fabricated Steel Highway Products in the country.* Universal is dedicated to satisfying its customers.* We consistently provide our customers with excellent service, superb quality, on-time deliveries, flexible lead times and competitive pricing
Old 30 Nov 2018, 18:29 (Ref:3867085)   #727
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
The Nissan DPI's live! CORE autosport going to run them according to SC365.
Old 30 Nov 2018, 18:53 (Ref:3867091)   #728
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Intriguing, if anyone has the money it's Core and the connections to break that "ransom" requirement. Well be interesting to see if they buy everything and run one car and one spare. Well keep more sure engines around running one car program.

Plus side now United and any other LMP2s have a good chance to run for a "win"
Old 30 Nov 2018, 19:45 (Ref:3867101)   #729
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I saw it few minutes ago, that's a great surprise

It will be great to see this car again on track. I think the Michelin tires will fit this car great.

Was the second car sold as a spare?
Old 30 Nov 2018, 20:07 (Ref:3867107)   #730
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post

A welcome surprise, but I immediately move to wondering who put up the money to make this "new opportunity" happen.
Old 30 Nov 2018, 20:11 (Ref:3867109)   #731
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
A welcome surprise, but I immediately move to wondering who put up the money to make this "new opportunity" happen.
I wonder if CORE will have all the resources and knowledge to support this car that is basically a prototype. Is CORE a better team than ESM?
Old 30 Nov 2018, 23:55 (Ref:3867139)   #732
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
Certainly a surprise, the CORE guy is apparently rich enough to cough up the one million dollars.
Old 1 Dec 2018, 01:38 (Ref:3867152)   #733
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Baldi View Post
I wonder if CORE will have all the resources and knowledge to support this car that is basically a prototype. Is CORE a better team than ESM?
I wouldn't be surprised to hear the paddock answer be at the very least they are as strong. Hell they run the Porsche NA GT program, it's not like they're nobodies. And they ran PC for years. Not to stay they're the best ever but they've done it a for a few seasons
Old 1 Dec 2018, 01:42 (Ref:3867153)   #734
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
Certainly a surprise, the CORE guy is apparently rich enough to cough up the one million dollars.
Thanks for over again provided the most intelligent comment of all time. Yes, Ed is wealthy but if he wanted to earlier he could have bought the program before the end of the season. Who's paying the ransom that he didn't want to put up before, or has IMSA quietly waived the fee?
Old 1 Dec 2018, 01:52 (Ref:3867160)   #735
lemansnsx
Rookie

lemansnsx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
His performance was rewarded with a championship as well recognition of his abilities. What else are you shooting for as a racing driver?

The recognition took the form of upgraded driver ranking. I'm finding it hard to have sympathy that a good driver is being recognized as such.
Madison said in an interview that racing wasn't a hobby it was a career - this was just a couple of years ago. Got recognized as a professional (ie: career) driver and promptly quit? Okay...
I get it, his Dad's companies provide his bread and butter - and have paid a reputedly big portion of PMR's budget - but still awful strange to have driver ratings come back to bite you and IMSA at the same time.
Any wealthy amateurs out there with good iRacing skills in a Lambo? Morgan wants to hear from you ASAP.
Old 1 Dec 2018, 01:55 (Ref:3867161)   #736
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
The Racer article says this"

Although Brady declined to offer specifics, he did confirm the sizable financial commitment required to register Nissan as an official IMSA manufacturer for 2019, which served as the biggest hurdle other teams faced while considering the Nissan DPi package, has been satisfied.

“Watch this space,” he said. “There are more details to come, and it has been fulfilled.”

https://racer.com/2018/11/30/core-sw...to-nissan-dpi/
Old 1 Dec 2018, 04:35 (Ref:3867178)   #737
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
The Racer article says this"

Although Brady declined to offer specifics, he did confirm the sizable financial commitment required to register Nissan as an official IMSA manufacturer for 2019, which served as the biggest hurdle other teams faced while considering the Nissan DPi package, has been satisfied.

“Watch this space,” he said. “There are more details to come, and it has been fulfilled.”

https://racer.com/2018/11/30/core-sw...to-nissan-dpi/

I saw that. It just makes me want to know who even more.
Old 1 Dec 2018, 04:40 (Ref:3867181)   #738
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Madison Snow? I'll let myself out now
Old 1 Dec 2018, 14:36 (Ref:3867258)   #739
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Madison Snow? I'll let myself out now
From an outside (and utterly unreliable) source:

Quote:
Snow and Sharp will race in the ELMS next year in the one of the ex-Core Oreca P2s (obtained in the 'Nissan DPi' deal with Bennett's team), allowing Snow to 'honor' his IMSA retirement. The renewed 'ESnow-M' team will also apply for a LM24 entry.
Old 1 Dec 2018, 16:42 (Ref:3867268)   #740
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
From an outside (and utterly unreliable) source:

I actually figured he would pop up in Europe with some events just to keep himself in racing shape and he seems to very much enjoy it. And outside of IMSA he's still Silver and fast so a good option for many teams wanting a third for LM.
Old 2 Dec 2018, 03:44 (Ref:3867386)   #741
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
ESM is no more according to S365, even the LMP3 stuff was apparently sold. Wonder if Core picked that up as well to run a full service program. They seemed to be a good but of the LMP3 field and had a lot of Lites cars.

Everyone who is ticked off should remember Bacardi as the new owners of Patron pulled the sponsorship dollars. The boss wanted to retire and apparently sold everything and even cut off the daughter's cash for her drag racing. Ed didn't really have a choice in the matter other than to inform the team they were sponsor-less for 2019.
Old 2 Dec 2018, 12:46 (Ref:3867442)   #742
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
ESM is no more according to S365, even the LMP3 stuff was apparently sold. Wonder if Core picked that up as well to run a full service program. They seemed to be a good but of the LMP3 field and had a lot of Lites cars.

Everyone who is ticked off should remember Bacardi as the new owners of Patron pulled the sponsorship dollars. The boss wanted to retire and apparently sold everything and even cut off the daughter's cash for her drag racing. Ed didn't really have a choice in the matter other than to inform the team they were sponsor-less for 2019.
Teams come and go. There have been other departures that were bigger blows to the series. Dodge Viper and Falken Porsche are the two worst ones in the past few years, not ESM. And lets see what happens to PMR. That one is up in the air now that Madison is out of the picture
Old 2 Dec 2018, 13:02 (Ref:3867445)   #743
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Very disappointing news, but not exactly a surprise.
Old 2 Dec 2018, 23:34 (Ref:3867530)   #744
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Teams come and go. There have been other departures that were bigger blows to the series. Dodge Viper and Falken Porsche are the two worst ones in the past few years, not ESM.

Their departure still stings for me. I was such a massive fan of that team and the car (the '96-99 Dodge Viper GTS was my first ever dream car). I had trouble keeping it in my pants when they decided to to run the red with white racing stripes for 2014.
Old 3 Dec 2018, 15:45 (Ref:3867647)   #745
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
And what if he never got in the car? Anybody for that matter? A penalty? Something?
I haven't read the rules for years, but there's nothing that I remember stating that a listed driver MUST drive.
I meant that I'm opposed to 5 pro drivers.
Old 3 Dec 2018, 18:54 (Ref:3867693)   #746
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Compass Racing will run the rumoured mclaren 720s GT3 in the sprint cup.

Paul Holton / Matt Plumb

Was kinda hoping compass would run the car in PWC so we saw Flying Lizards run a mclaren in IMSA
Old 3 Dec 2018, 19:26 (Ref:3867709)   #747
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post

Paul Holton / Matt Plumb

Was kinda hoping compass would run the car in PWC so we saw Flying Lizards run a mclaren in IMSA
Well who says they can't the door is open for anybody to run McLarens in the sprint cup now. Great addition! Finally one of the GT3 hold outs comes aboard the IMSA series. Hope we can get a Nissan since CORE settled that fee (along with some unspecified support). All of course without losing any of the 8 GT3 makes in 2018.
Old 3 Dec 2018, 20:30 (Ref:3867724)   #748
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post

Paul Holton / Matt Plumb

And it sounds like they'll aim for a full season in 2020:

Quote:
“The new Sprint Cup is something we’d hoped IMSA would implement, as it provides a perfect ladder for our McLaren program, with steps from GS to Sprint to a full WeatherTech effort.”
Old 4 Dec 2018, 01:27 (Ref:3867756)   #749
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
I meant that I'm opposed to 5 pro drivers.
I understood that. My question was what it was before I knew that the entered drivers must drive a min./max. amount of time for the team to get points. 'Silly to me.

jimclark
Old 4 Dec 2018, 05:14 (Ref:3867778)   #750
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Interested to see what colors will be on the CORE Ligier Nissan. Wonder if they'll stick with the blue and orange? I kinda wanna see something different because the Acura's have the orange theme too.