Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 25 Feb 2020, 14:30 (Ref:3959771)   #3976
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyknight View Post
If Simpson’s car/tbl were up for sale and dynamics have bought both it makes sense to me to have flash be testing the car in place of Neal, if he wasn’t looking at a come back surely it would be easier/cheaper for them to get one of his kids in to get the testing done while giving them more experience

But then again we could all be barking up the wrong tree and flash ends up doing nothing more than turn up at knockhill with his role there for the season and does nothing else
It would only be cheaper to get Matt's boys doing the testing, certainly not easier, Shedden has plenty of testing experience, which the boys won't have. By all means they can have a go too, but I very much doubt they would be able to give the sort of feedback that Shedden can.
Old 25 Feb 2020, 14:36 (Ref:3959773)   #3977
Crazyknight
Rookie

Crazyknight should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
Why have Motorbase got to make an announcement yet? Still a few more weeks until Media Day, there's no need for any rush. They could leave their driver and sponsor reveal until that day if they wish.

Wasn’t saying they had to make an announcement was just saying that maybe there was a deal in principle done with them and flash till he got a better offer...
Old 25 Feb 2020, 15:18 (Ref:3959775)   #3978
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyknight View Post
Wasn’t saying they had to make an announcement was just saying that maybe there was a deal in principle done with them and flash till he got a better offer...
Either way CK, I think you've got the nail on the head, if Motorbase's new sponsor is as big as they're making out to be then they could be waiting to announce another big name driver, just one that obviously isn't Flash. Could possibly be like 2014 when they signed Gio. Anything's possible if this off-season's been anything to go by.
Old 25 Feb 2020, 15:22 (Ref:3959776)   #3979
RS67
Veteran

There is nothing to say that the 3rd Motorbase driver will be racing under the same main sponsor as Butcher and Jackson. He (she) could be racing under their own sponsorship, just as Hamilton did last year.
Old 25 Feb 2020, 15:37 (Ref:3959780)   #3980
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
There is nothing to say that the 3rd Motorbase driver will be racing under the same main sponsor as Butcher and Jackson. He (she) could be racing under their own sponsorship, just as Hamilton did last year.
Like I said, anything's possible.
Old 25 Feb 2020, 16:27 (Ref:3959794)   #3981
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nononsensecapeesh View Post
Either way CK, I think you've got the nail on the head, if Motorbase's new sponsor is as big as they're making out to be
i think its just this forum thats invented the story of some big sponsor for motorbase
Old 25 Feb 2020, 16:40 (Ref:3959798)   #3982
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
i think its just this forum thats invented the story of some big sponsor for motorbase
That's rumour spreading in a nutshell.
Old 25 Feb 2020, 16:43 (Ref:3959801)   #3983
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Oops
Old 25 Feb 2020, 17:05 (Ref:3959809)   #3984
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Oops
No one's perfect.
Old 25 Feb 2020, 17:28 (Ref:3959814)   #3985
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It's not this forum; DB confirmed at the end of the Shredded Wheat deal that their model for the future was sponsor-backed, and not factory-supported.
Old 25 Feb 2020, 17:28 (Ref:3959815)   #3986
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
That's rumour spreading in a nutshell.
This is the rumour thread.
Old 25 Feb 2020, 17:40 (Ref:3959819)   #3987
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
This is the rumour thread.
But of course, regarding Motorbase and this big sponsor of theirs, I doubt their own Team Manager would make it all up.
Old 25 Feb 2020, 17:48 (Ref:3959823)   #3988
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
But of course, regarding Motorbase and this big sponsor of theirs, I doubt their own Team Manager would make it all up.
This is also the news thread.
Old 25 Feb 2020, 17:54 (Ref:3959824)   #3989
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Some cars may have some words names and logos stuck on them that represent actual stuff you can part with your hard earned/ill gotten cash for.

They may also feature a round rubber item in each corner.
Old 25 Feb 2020, 17:55 (Ref:3959827)   #3990
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
This is also the news thread.
That too.
Old 25 Feb 2020, 18:00 (Ref:3959829)   #3991
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Some cars may have some words names and logos stuck on them that represent actual stuff you can part with your hard earned/ill gotten cash for.

That's just a rumour. I'm sure you've got no evidence to back that up!
Old 25 Feb 2020, 18:06 (Ref:3959832)   #3992
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Anti-Plato Device?
Old 25 Feb 2020, 18:37 (Ref:3959841)   #3993
Speedysnapper
Rookie

Speedysnapper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My thoughts are this is definitely Coca Cola, the Polarbear used on the tweets ties in with Coke using Polar bear..... oh how I hope the third driver is Huffy...!!! Sadly, I feel it will be someone else!!!
Old 25 Feb 2020, 19:31 (Ref:3959854)   #3994
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if Shedden really ends up replacing Neal this season it would be the only driver pairing to match AJ and Turkington at WSR

speaking of Turkington anyone noticed that in all 3 last rounds of 2019 he was fired off ?

1) Knockhill by Butcher
2) Silverstone by Collard
3) Brands Hatch by Neal

almost like some sort of script dictated that things need to be spiced up for the final
Old 25 Feb 2020, 19:42 (Ref:3959856)   #3995
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
if Shedden really ends up replacing Neal this season it would be the only driver pairing to match AJ and Turkington at WSR
Bold claim, Plato and Jackson?
Chilton and Cook are also a pretty decent pairing.

And don't forget, Butcher + A.N.Other.
Old 25 Feb 2020, 19:46 (Ref:3959858)   #3996
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you really see PMR being able to mount a real title challange against WSR , Tingram and perhaps Team Dynamics ? we know Cammish finally got on with that Civic

Sonic and Ginger are probaly the dark horses for the title hunt, probably the favorites for the indy title closely followed by Sutton and Moffat

Last edited by porsche962fan; 25 Feb 2020 at 19:53.
Old 25 Feb 2020, 19:54 (Ref:3959861)   #3997
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedysnapper View Post
My thoughts are this is definitely Coca Cola, the Polarbear used on the tweets ties in with Coke using Polar bear..... oh how I hope the third driver is Huffy...!!! Sadly, I feel it will be someone else!!!
They do have an ENERGY drink to promote. They have a LARGE marketing budget for it.

Just sayin'
Old 25 Feb 2020, 19:57 (Ref:3959862)   #3998
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
you really see PMR being able to mount a real title challange against WSR , Tingram and perhaps Team Dynamics ? we know Cammish finally got on with that Civic

Sonic and Ginger are probaly the dark horses for the title hunt, probably the favorites for the indy title closely followed by Sutton and Moffat
Yes, PMR will install an Anti Anti Plato Device that will lay waste to the competition whilst Jason wins. (Matt will come second having been initially distracted by a pie when the red lights go out).
Old 25 Feb 2020, 19:59 (Ref:3959863)   #3999
RS67
Veteran

Quote:
Motorbase resisted upgrading the Focus to the facelift for 3yrs because of the expense. Upgrading it to the RS only came about because of the Shredded Wheat sponsorship. This year they have 3 brand new cars. Where do you suppose the money for that has come from unless another big sponsor has brought in the money?
Old 25 Feb 2020, 20:04 (Ref:3959864)   #4000
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I wouldn’t underestimate PMR, with the lineup they have, they are serious about the title. Certainly I expect MJ to shine, providing two years out haven’t dulled his skills and JP may or may not reach previous heights again, but is still good enough to win races at the very least