Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 3 Sep 2000, 21:01 (Ref:34825)   #1
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

...were drunk when Vicky and I found them wandering aimlessly round the Donington Collection this evening.

Daniel - thank goodness ONE of you was sane. Even Carrie was out of it .

A good day was had by all I believe - even if I managed to spend £90... We DID however get photos taken with James Allen whom we stalked down the pit lane too!!!

HURRAH!

Old 3 Sep 2000, 22:57 (Ref:34859)   #2
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll have you know that I was not and am not 'out of it' - Lorna and me just got the giggles when we met you
Did you stay for the concert Mr. Fan? We did

I have just one thing to say about today

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 3 Sep 2000, 23:10 (Ref:34861)   #3
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
No we didnt stay but we seemed to be the only ones there who noticed Westlife arrive!
Old 4 Sep 2000, 17:05 (Ref:34973)   #4
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
There is a reason for that, Mr Fan - they're SHYTE!! We stood in the bigtop and heckled their BS for as long as we could - there were quite a few of us at it in the end - we'd never heard such a load of dross Thankfully they brought Thin Lizzy back on stage and EJ joined them about 10.30

I have to say though, we were VERY disappointed in the atmosphere at the concert - apart from a few young Irish blokes we'd met in the hostility suite earlier in the day, pretty much everyone stood round like idiots grrr... we did our best to liven them up, and I think Invader almost started a fight at one point

Anyway, a great day - free tickets, free food and drink in the hostility (lobster and smoked salmon, no less!), access to the pitlane grandstand, some wonderful little model Jordan cars which were acquired during luncheon (), we met Jarno Trulli and Jason Plato, and shouted a bit of abuse at Matt Neal! We also had a trip round the museum and a concert - can't be bad! Finally got home at 4pm this evening

Thanks go to Carrie for getting the tickets in the first place, and allowing us to come along - really appreciated.

BTW, Mr Fan, we were NOT drunk in the Collection (OK, Invader was...) - we were simply having a grand time.
Old 4 Sep 2000, 20:18 (Ref:35006)   #5
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can totally vouch that Carrie was sober. I can't remember what was funny but everytime we looked at each other we just couldn't stop giggling. Haven't laughed that much for a while, my sides were hurting!

Good time had by all. Much appreciated, Carrie for thinking of us. I would never ever see the race track if I was a VIP guest at every race meeting!
Old 4 Sep 2000, 20:38 (Ref:35009)   #6
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't really think anything was funny, unless it was the mention of chimneys on Williams and the need for Fred Dibnah On the other hand, I think at that point in time we could have found anything funny.
I was just getting annoyed that everyone else in the place seemed to have the attitude of 'it's a museum, that means we've got to go round in complete silence'

The question now is how do we get ourselves VIP tickets for the Touring Cars
Old 4 Sep 2000, 22:53 (Ref:35038)   #7
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WEE NEED SOME CONTACTS!!!!! Which kind person out there is going to ensure that we create just as much havoc at the next race meeting
Old 5 Sep 2000, 18:56 (Ref:35159)   #8
Invader
Veteran

Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am totally disgusted by your attitude.
I was forced to drink all of that wine and Guinness because of an allergic reaction which I often get after eating expensive seafood.
Thanks Carrie....bonzer day out, even tho' you were pished
Old 5 Sep 2000, 19:05 (Ref:35165)   #9
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I notice that Dan has nothing to say on the matter - is he keeping a low profile in case he has to pay you back the money that you bunged the bouncer at the concert to get him in ?
Old 5 Sep 2000, 20:10 (Ref:35170)   #10
Invader
Veteran

And the tenner for some food and the tenner for his cab/train...it goes on and on....I reckon about £200.
Old 5 Sep 2000, 20:40 (Ref:35174)   #11
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Not forgetting the diesel money...

I also think we should start a whinge box - along the same lines as a swear box...
Old 5 Sep 2000, 21:07 (Ref:35180)   #12
Invader
Veteran

A whingebox could end in the bankruptcy courts.
Old 5 Sep 2000, 21:43 (Ref:35182)   #13
Carrie
Veteran

That sounds like one hell of a money making opportunity Craig
Old 6 Sep 2000, 18:52 (Ref:35377)   #14
Carrie
Veteran

Just look at it this way, you've all been fantastic with everything that's been going on the last couple of months, so I guess this turned out to be a small way to say thanks
Old 6 Sep 2000, 21:47 (Ref:35430)   #15
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent

Out of sheer embarrassment following your escapades in the Donington Collection on Sunday evening, Dan has probably changed his name, left the country and set up 'Big Mama's Funhouse' in downtown Manila.

Or something like that.

Old 8 Sep 2000, 21:50 (Ref:35819)   #16
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent

Quote:
Originally posted by Carrie
Now, Mr. Fan, would these be the VIPs you were referring to
Yes, those are the Visually Inebriated People I was referring to.

Hey Invader, I guess the 'Fame' audition wasn't too successful...