Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 23 Sep 2020, 15:25 (Ref:4005864)   #276
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Still it doesn’t matter. I don’t compare WRX with ERX, both are different. One is more for the TV, the other more traditional. Different strokes
Old 23 Sep 2020, 17:11 (Ref:4005889)   #277
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
Raymond is a top notch driver, I'm glad he got this oppurtunity as it may lead to him getting a break and a professional career within rallycross.

This has been my main issue with WRX, the best drivers aren't necessarily in it since it just costs money. With electric cars, this may change and talented drivers may get the seat they deserve.

Same could be said about F1, too. Maldonado....

If I had the money, I'd put Ash Simpson in a team. One of the most gifted drivers I've seen. Dan Rooke could be his teammate.
Old 23 Sep 2020, 21:24 (Ref:4005923)   #278
hoffman66
Racer

hoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only one guy I would put in a top car just for the fits and giggles.

Vince. More talent in his little finger than many with far more, including those mentioned above. But doesn't give a hoot about any of that.
Old 23 Oct 2020, 15:53 (Ref:4012218)   #279
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Juha Rytkonen will race for Ferratum Team in the final rounds of the 2020 FIA World Rallycross Championship.
Old 4 Nov 2020, 20:51 (Ref:4014906)   #280
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Spa is cancelled...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mot...1/4903620/amp/

...so the Championship will conclude in Germany.

So just three points for Johan and the title is his.
Old 5 Nov 2020, 16:24 (Ref:4015025)   #281
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Not surprising given they’ve already cancelled the Ypres Rally. Hopefully an exciting finale in Germany
Old 5 Nov 2020, 16:31 (Ref:4015029)   #282
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Not surprising given they’ve already cancelled the Ypres Rally. Hopefully an exciting finale in Germany
Yeah. I wonder if they might turn Germany into another double header weekend?
Old 5 Nov 2020, 17:55 (Ref:4015051)   #283
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll be surprised if Germany goes ahead.
Old 5 Nov 2020, 18:41 (Ref:4015056)   #284
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
It's not looking good.

No Ypres is really a shame.
Old 6 Nov 2020, 10:29 (Ref:4015152)   #285
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Yeah. I wonder if they might turn Germany into another double header weekend?
I hope they do but I very much doubt it will go ahead. They've done well to get 8 races out of this season I guess. The depletion of the s1600 field at Spain was a shame and international restrictions on travel could lead to the same result in Germany.
Old 6 Nov 2020, 10:36 (Ref:4015153)   #286
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoodyMcFlude View Post
I'll be surprised if Germany goes ahead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickey View Post
I hope they do but I very much doubt it will go ahead. They've done well to get 8 races out of this season I guess. The depletion of the s1600 field at Spain was a shame and international restrictions on travel could lead to the same result in Germany.
Yeah, I have my doubts, but I have my fingers crossed.

Just seen that the official World RX social media pages stating that Germany will be the final round of the Euro RX, Super 1600 and Formula E Championships. With that in mind, would there be enough hours in the day to fit in two World RX rounds?
Old 8 Nov 2020, 22:14 (Ref:4015558)   #287
hoffman66
Racer

hoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I cant imagine IMG can really be arsed now can they? Germany is in lockdown, so I doubt this happens
Old 12 Nov 2020, 18:15 (Ref:4016221)   #288
mivec
Racer

Belgium
Belgium
mivec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In the RXe article on the World RX website they have some difficulties with the power figures for the new RX2e cars.
The current RX2 cars pushing out 310bhp and 300Nm of torque.
They say "with the motor generating 250kW (335bhp) of power and up to 460Nm torque. This represents respectively a 24% and 14% increase over the existing Supercar Lites car"
For me this means horsepower is plus 8% and torque plus 53%...

For a professional organisation you should at least expect a decent calculation.
Old 23 Nov 2020, 14:15 (Ref:4018406)   #289
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Would like to see it confirmed from a more credible source...

https://dirtfish.com/rallycross/worl...inale-canceled

...but it seems like the 2020 season is done.

If that is the case then I think the right man has won, though it is a real shame that we didn't get to see Johan in action in Belgium and Germany.
Old 24 Nov 2020, 20:07 (Ref:4018586)   #290
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
https://www.motorsport.com/world-rx/...rsson/4915429/

Still not confirmed.
Old 24 Nov 2020, 21:17 (Ref:4018596)   #291
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
More inclined to believe it if Hal is reporting it.
Old 24 Nov 2020, 22:47 (Ref:4018607)   #292
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yep, if Hal is reporting it then it's as good as fact.
Old 25 Nov 2020, 12:02 (Ref:4018685)   #293
S griffin
Veteran

I’ve seen everywhere that it’s been cancelled. So even if it hasn’t been confirmed, I think we can safely say that’s it
Old 26 Nov 2020, 11:18 (Ref:4018831)   #294
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Yep, if Hal is reporting it then it's as good as fact.
Yes indeed...

...real shame we didn't get to see Johan crowned at a race weekend but, as I said before, I think the right man won.
Old 26 Nov 2020, 15:21 (Ref:4018885)   #295
S griffin
Veteran

So that's it then. Bit of a shame to end like that, but we had enough action and it was a closely fought and you can't deny Johan is a worthy champ (again)
Old 27 Nov 2020, 07:57 (Ref:4019008)   #296
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
Can't believe they actually announced Natalie Barrett as Projekt E champion. It was 2 rounds FFS

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 27 Nov 2020, 10:14 (Ref:4019027)   #297
S griffin
Veteran

How many rounds do they have to have to be considered a championship? I guess they ain't bothered about how many rounds they do
Old 27 Nov 2020, 10:40 (Ref:4019032)   #298
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
So that's it then. Bit of a shame to end like that, but we had enough action and it was a closely fought and you can't deny Johan is a worthy champ (again)
I see a lot of comments on Facebook and the like stating that it was "just the car", but I am not buying that. I am sure that most of the field do a lot of preparation, but Johan seems to be absolutely fastidious and I have a lot of respect for that.

Equally I think Ekstrom has been fantastic this year as well. I know it isn't the same as the drivers title, but I am glad Team KYB got the team title and Mattias got the silver.

Aside from those two Larsson has really stood out to me as well. Although he is still spectacular, I thought his overall performance was more mature this year. Biggest disappointment for me is probably Niclas. I was expecting him to be unstoppable this year, but the pace doesn't seem to have been as consistent (due to the suspension change maybe?).

Quote:
Can't believe they actually announced Natalie Barrett as Projekt E champion. It was 2 rounds FFS
Quote:
How many rounds do they have to have to be considered a championship? I guess they ain't bothered about how many rounds they do
It is no offence to Natalie, but I don't think they should have awarded it either. There is a portion of the fanbase who are clearly struggling to warm to electric and, personally, I think awarding a title in these circumstances opens Projekt E up to even more critique.

If the established Championships with regular entries couldn't declare a Champion, then the fledging Championship with erratic numbers shouldn't either.
Old 28 Nov 2020, 00:06 (Ref:4019192)   #299
Silhuette
Racer

Silhuette should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Johan is the real deal and would have been hard to beat in an Audi or Peugeot as well. Well deserved win.

So happy to see Mathias back and frankly it saved the 2020 season from being a total rout for VW.

As for failures I think the Peugeots were the fastest non winners of the season. Grønholm struggled in the Nordicx series in the spring, where Larsson shone bright and strong.

I also think Bakkerud was the great unrealized potential of the season. It's ironic that in the season where he drove uncharacteristically clean and carefully, he got crashed out of a number of finals. That guy just can't catch a break. No one has ever gone as fast in a Megane.
Old 28 Nov 2020, 00:11 (Ref:4019193)   #300
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
There is a portion of the fanbase who are clearly struggling to warm to electric and, personally, I think awarding a title in these circumstances opens Projekt E up to even more critique.
Exactly what my thoughts were. Natalie did what she needed to do and, to her credit, I think had made a lot of progress by Latvia, so all credit to her....but, the whole electric thing has already got a lot of people up in arms about how it's not real rallycross and not worth watching, declaring a champion like it was some kind of competition really doesn't help that.