Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 12 Mar 2014, 02:20 (Ref:3377622)   #201
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can I say it's a bit hideous? The cockpit is like a cancer growing from the open-top body. Not as natural as P1 coupes or even the T128. It looks like a Pescarolo LMP3 coupe.Ah...my eyes!
Old 12 Mar 2014, 02:59 (Ref:3377627)   #202
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's great to see another prototype!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoestForEver View Post
Can I say it's a bit hideous? The cockpit is like a cancer growing from the open-top body. Not as natural as P1 coupes or even the T128. It looks like a Pescarolo LMP3 coupe.Ah...my eyes!
I find this slightly prettier than the Porsche 919.
Old 12 Mar 2014, 03:59 (Ref:3377637)   #203
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think it's really cute.

Exactly how a second-tier prototype should look.
Old 12 Mar 2014, 07:10 (Ref:3377657)   #204
silente
Racer

silente should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So which regs book is this car referring to exactly?

I still struggle to understand how P2 rules changed/will change during the next years...

I read somewhere that now all new P2s should be closed, but do they share anything with P1 regulation? And shouldn't P2 rules finally change after 2016?
Old 12 Mar 2014, 09:30 (Ref:3377711)   #205
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
P2 regulations stay the same until 2016 or 2017, the decision to move to closed cars seems to be on the part of the P2 manufacturers. Open cars are still allowed, look at the HPD and the Zytek.
Old 12 Mar 2014, 09:32 (Ref:3377712)   #206
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A face only a sportscar fan could love.
Old 12 Mar 2014, 09:50 (Ref:3377716)   #207
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
More pictures and an interview with Jacques Nicolet on http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/jac...il-le-fallait/

Old 12 Mar 2014, 09:51 (Ref:3377717)   #208
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I like it, interesting to see that the fin-type things on front wheel arches of the early models have become the shaping of the light cluster.
Old 12 Mar 2014, 10:11 (Ref:3377724)   #209
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I really like the car and the photos.
Old 12 Mar 2014, 10:23 (Ref:3377730)   #210
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
P2 regulations stay the same until 2016 or 2017, the decision to move to closed cars seems to be on the part of the P2 manufacturers. Open cars are still allowed, look at the HPD and the Zytek.
New lmp2 regulations will debut in 2017, but considering that in 2015 will debut the new oreca lmp2 coupè and the former lmp1 HPD-wirth lmp2 coupè while more oak-ligier coupè will be produced, I don't think that oreca, oak and HPD were going to build these new cars for only 2 seasons! I think that very probably the 2014-2015 lmp2 close monocoques (and surely most of the bodywork too) will be regoular in 2017 regulations.
Old 12 Mar 2014, 10:38 (Ref:3377737)   #211
IndyMeister
Racer

IndyMeister should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
A face only a sportscar fan could love.
That one made my day, thnx.
Old 12 Mar 2014, 10:44 (Ref:3377740)   #212
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
More pictures and an interview with Jacques Nicolet on http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/jac...il-le-fallait/
http://sportscar365.com/wec/nicolet-...js-p2-rollout/ translated some of Nicolet's quotes to English.
Old 12 Mar 2014, 10:59 (Ref:3377744)   #213
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks nice and roomy inside. Lights should be brite.
I love new entries! Ferrari..... time for a prototype!
Old 12 Mar 2014, 12:17 (Ref:3377761)   #214
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Too bad a nice light blue Gitanes colourscheme is not allowed these days.
But a darker blue Loto sponsered car would be just fine.
Old 12 Mar 2014, 13:34 (Ref:3377804)   #215
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Too bad a nice light blue Gitanes colourscheme is not allowed these days.
But a darker blue Loto sponsered car would be just fine.
I think if they did that Gitanes livery ..... without the word ..... everyone would know it . Maybe something like Marlboro without the word .

Yes ..... it would be nice .

http://www.geleigp.com/wp-content/up.../One-Off_8.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
One-Off_8.jpg  

Last edited by The Badger; 12 Mar 2014 at 13:40.
Old 12 Mar 2014, 13:36 (Ref:3377807)   #216
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by silente View Post
So which regs book is this car referring to exactly?

I still struggle to understand how P2 rules changed/will change during the next years...

I read somewhere that now all new P2s should be closed, but do they share anything with P1 regulation? And shouldn't P2 rules finally change after 2016?
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon_titanium View Post
New lmp2 regulations will debut in 2017, but considering that in 2015 will debut the new oreca lmp2 coupè and the former lmp1 HPD-wirth lmp2 coupè while more oak-ligier coupè will be produced, I don't think that oreca, oak and HPD were going to build these new cars for only 2 seasons! I think that very probably the 2014-2015 lmp2 close monocoques (and surely most of the bodywork too) will be regoular in 2017 regulations.

I agree with what carbon_titanium said here, I can't see the manufacturers making a short term investment for P2 if the regs are changing. I have a feeling they already know what the approximate car shapes and rules will be. I'm guessing the new P2's will have similar coupe dimensions as the current P1's. Has Ligier confirmed this? I seem to remember Oak saying the design was based on their stillborn LMP1, so that would make sense.
Old 12 Mar 2014, 13:41 (Ref:3377809)   #217
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Barchetta P1 and Coupe P2 like it was supposed to be .
Old 12 Mar 2014, 13:53 (Ref:3377813)   #218
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, I think that in future lmp2 monocoques will have the same size and regulations of lmp1 monocoques. The overall package and hardware will make the difference between lmp1 and lmp2. My view is this:

LMP1-H: racing car powered by a racing born fuel flowed engine + ERS and hybrid system

LMP1-L: racing car powered by a racing born fuel flowed engine

LMP2: racing car powered by street derivated engines with aero restrictions (narrower rear wing at example) and development allowed only during the winter. Like nowadays, engines and tyres per season/event will be limited and max costs for engines and chassis will remain capped.

With compatible monocoques, an lmp2 can be easily converted in lmp1-L, basicly like will be the T129.
Old 12 Mar 2014, 13:55 (Ref:3377815)   #219
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
I think if they did that Gitanes livery ..... without the word ..... everyone would know it . Maybe something like Marlboro without the word .

Yes ..... it would be nice .
If they added the word on the Gitanes livery, the word could have been into "PIERRE", "LUDOVIC", "TRISTAN", "DAVID" and "HO-PIN" with at least one more driver.
Old 12 Mar 2014, 15:27 (Ref:3377834)   #220
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
More pictures on http://bit.ly/24LM_ligier
Old 12 Mar 2014, 17:38 (Ref:3377883)   #221
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Did the say what engine was in the Ligier on the initial rollout? I know the will have a couple different installations this season, but was curious which lump they chose to do the development work with.
Old 12 Mar 2014, 18:06 (Ref:3377888)   #222
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I love the side profile of the car, I think it's one of the best looking LMP2s in recent history alongside the Lola B12/80.
Old 12 Mar 2014, 18:34 (Ref:3377899)   #223
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Did the say what engine was in the Ligier on the initial rollout? I know the will have a couple different installations this season, but was curious which lump they chose to do the development work with.
Have not gone back to look for it, but I seem to remember reading the roll-out car was a Honda, second chassis would be Nissan, 3rd Honda.
Old 12 Mar 2014, 19:05 (Ref:3377913)   #224
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I think its ok. The cockpit area looks so huge and the nose cone is so wide and high its near level with the front fenders.
Old 12 Mar 2014, 19:27 (Ref:3377922)   #225
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it's great - some distinctly different treatments throughout, (it IS French after all) of course sometimes those get ground off by the reality of making it work.