Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 28 Aug 2012, 18:10 (Ref:3126449)   #76
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
It is somewhat interesting that the Morgans have all switched to the Nissan engine now. I didn't think the Judd P2 motor was that bad, but people seem to be abandoning it.
Well , Oak ran Judds at the start of the season , swopped one car to Nissan and I assume did their own tests and now are running Nissans ..... good move from them .

Judds P1 engine is also crap .
Old 28 Aug 2012, 18:10 (Ref:3126450)   #77
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Level 5 came second in the ILMC P2 championship last year, and won PLM. I think the teams are closer than you might think.
I hope so .
Old 28 Aug 2012, 20:40 (Ref:3126538)   #78
Joe Taylor
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warwickshire, UK
Joe Taylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
As pescarolo and oak just realised. the lmp1engine performance bar has been significantly raised in the last few years. But they are on a budget......you pay peanuts you get monkeys.........admittedley after the indycar fiasco i personally not pay judd double for a supposedley good lmp1motor......lets hope the hpd engine gets into the back of the dome too. they are a real plucky bunch and a real asset to the scene.
Any idea what's gone so wrong with the Judd P1 engine? It was a pretty competitive engine in LMP2 from 2008-10, but seems to have floundered since the step up to P1. Is it just that the enlarged restrictor has pushed the power band into a resonance zone or are Judd having to push the envelope to try and keep up with Toyota/HPD?

By contrast, on the evidence of Road America at least, the AER Mazda that was a laughing stock in 2009 seems to be fully competitive against the HPD.
Old 28 Aug 2012, 20:57 (Ref:3126554)   #79
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Taylor View Post

By contrast, on the evidence of Road America at least, the AER Mazda that was a laughing stock in 2009 seems to be fully competitive against the HPD.
If you can find a single major part on the Mazda that is the same as the 2009 car...............
Old 28 Aug 2012, 21:23 (Ref:3126566)   #80
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
If you can find a single major part on the Mazda that is the same as the 2009 car...............
The badge that says Mazda?
Old 28 Aug 2012, 21:33 (Ref:3126579)   #81
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't know if anyone mentioned it yet, but Dagys says that oak WILL build a 2014 lmp1 car and is looking to pair with a manufacturer.
Old 28 Aug 2012, 23:36 (Ref:3126622)   #82
JAGLeMans
Rookie

England
JAGLeMans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would it not be better for Judd to develop a version of their Indycar motor (2.2l V6T) for P1 rather than persevere with the 3.4 V8?

It may not have cut it in it's original guise, but it's a state of the art, clean sheet design, and as seen previously in fuel formula racing, turbo's rule the roost.
Old 29 Aug 2012, 00:53 (Ref:3126637)   #83
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
I don't know if anyone mentioned it yet, but Dagys says that oak WILL build a 2014 lmp1 car and is looking to pair with a manufacturer.
Their building a new P1 car , and the engine will be a Honda .
Old 29 Aug 2012, 06:18 (Ref:3126708)   #84
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
the engine will be a Honda .
for 2014?
Old 29 Aug 2012, 06:26 (Ref:3126710)   #85
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lms View Post
for 2014?
That is yet to be announced, I suspect the 2014 car is built as a customer car with capability for multiple engines to be used. The HPD contract is for the current car for the rest of 2012 and potentially 2013.
Old 29 Aug 2012, 07:14 (Ref:3126723)   #86
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Or, to put it simply, to find something else but the Judd V8s. But OAK seems to be even now a customer oriented program with Conquest in the ALMS, and we have to remember that now all LMP2 OAK chassis use Nissan engines, and the LMP1s will use customer HPD engines.

Basically the same deal that Rebellion have with TMG/Toyota. The OAK and Lola chassis do use HPD and Toyota engines, but they are customer oriented chassis. You can probably put anything in those cars as far as an engine as long as you can put the right semi-stressed tube frame mount for the engine and the right bellhousing to attach the engine block to the gearbox casing.
Old 29 Aug 2012, 11:12 (Ref:3126831)   #87
DeathOrGlory
Racer

DeathOrGlory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It just seemed your comment was a little derogetrey ..... did I spell that right ?
Derogatory. There. Fixed it for ya.

Nissan can be a good fit for OAK Racing. If anything, they can work with Henri Pescarolo because he knows how to run a racing operation, while Nicolet can handle the business side.

I've also read (I think it was in dailysportscar) that the OAK-HPD LMP1 for Fuji will have a Japanese driver.

If not Seiji Ara, who? Maybe one of Honda's GT500 stars? Take your pick!
Old 30 Aug 2012, 15:21 (Ref:3127423)   #88
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathOrGlory View Post
... If anything, they can work with Henri Pescarolo because he knows how to run a racing operation, while Nicolet can handle the business side.
In the case of Pescarolo it is quite obvious that's out of date and unfortunately he is not at his best... maybe I'm wrong but I would question that you will find anyone at the paddock who would work with him at the moment...

Old 30 Aug 2012, 17:28 (Ref:3127493)   #89
DeathOrGlory
Racer

As long as Henri Pescarolo is not doing the business deals he's a good manager of a racing team, he knows how to mobilize people to make a good car. This year they screwed up badly, but that was mainly because of a severe lack of funds. Last year, despite having less money than Rebellion or OAK that old Pescarolo 01 evo punched above its weight.

The way he handled the Luxury Racing debacle and the Jousse-Goethe situation was something out of his depth sadly.
Old 30 Aug 2012, 18:06 (Ref:3127506)   #90
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Derogatory. There. Fixed it for ya.

Nissan can be a good fit for OAK Racing. If anything, they can work with Henri Pescarolo because he knows how to run a racing operation, while Nicolet can handle the business side.

I've also read (I think it was in dailysportscar) that the OAK-HPD LMP1 for Fuji will have a Japanese driver.

Good boy ..... How about Nakano ?
Old 30 Aug 2012, 21:02 (Ref:3127605)   #91
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Like the sound of this. Implies more than merely an engine deal!
Old 30 Aug 2012, 22:44 (Ref:3127660)   #92
GT3.14
Veteran

GT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsten66 View Post
In the case of Pescarolo it is quite obvious that's out of date and unfortunately he is not at his best... maybe I'm wrong but I would question that you will find anyone at the paddock who would work with him at the moment...

Henri just needs a team of people to handle the financial matters of the business. If I were to start a prototype team he would be the person I want most, as a programme manager, not an accountant or finance manager.
Old 30 Aug 2012, 22:54 (Ref:3127665)   #93
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3.14 View Post
Henri just needs a team of people to handle the financial matters of the business. If I were to start a prototype team he would be the person I want most, as a programme manager, not an accountant or finance manager.
Highcroft + Pescarolo
Old 31 Aug 2012, 00:52 (Ref:3127694)   #94
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
Highcroft + Pescarolo
Well, 3 drivers right there as well
Old 31 Aug 2012, 14:04 (Ref:3127888)   #95
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Guillaume Moreau

Good news from Le Mans. Moreau has returned home for the first time since his Test Day crash. And despite a grim early prognosis he is able to walk, cycle and drive.

Still a long road to travel but good luck to him.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/102078
Old 31 Aug 2012, 17:14 (Ref:3127977)   #96
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Good news from Le Mans. Moreau has returned home for the first time since his Test Day crash. And despite a grim early prognosis he is able to walk, cycle and drive.

Still a long road to travel but good luck to him.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/102078
Fantastic news. Wish him the best in recovery.
Old 31 Aug 2012, 17:18 (Ref:3127980)   #97
DeathOrGlory
Racer

Quote:
Good boy ..... How about Nakano ?
Hmmmm! More plausible as Nakano's driven for OAK before. Silly me.
Old 28 Sep 2012, 09:59 (Ref:3142995)   #98
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Team confirms the Japanese driver in the car at Fuji is none other than... TAKUMA SATO!

http://www.oak-racing.com/news-en/sa...n-asia?lang=en
Old 28 Sep 2012, 10:08 (Ref:3143003)   #99
DeathOrGlory
Racer

Well didn't see that one coming.
Old 28 Sep 2012, 14:04 (Ref:3143191)   #100
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Honda=Sato. Good move I say.