Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 4 May 2014, 01:27 (Ref:3401665)   #151
extramundane
Racer

Benin
Here.
extramundane has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
He's made mention during the entire segment about track records being laid down when it's not true in the slightest. Apparently whatever laps DPs ran in the past count, even though they've been given all kinds of speed and downforce, but the P2s that have minor changes don't count.
I'll be sure to adjust my retroactive butthurt appropriately.

So is Creamer a redneck or not? INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW.
Old 4 May 2014, 01:38 (Ref:3401666)   #152
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sorry I can't accept outright false statements being made in the name of "excitement."

The pole time was just about 2 secs slower than the P2 pole last year. That goes a long way in showing the grip difference in a Conti tire and the Michelins.
Old 4 May 2014, 01:46 (Ref:3401667)   #153
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Have to wait and see on the race, but that was much better!

Awesome job by ESM!

And great Qualifying sessions in GTLM and GTD.
Old 4 May 2014, 01:47 (Ref:3401668)   #154
extramundane
Racer

Benin
Here.
I'm sure the 17 people who care will be equally offended. Meanwhile, I'll address Creamer's dialect. He's not living up to the standards we southerns have set.
Old 4 May 2014, 01:48 (Ref:3401669)   #155
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It took three sessions, but ESM finally got heat in the tires...

We will see how the race plays out..still betting on a DP win.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 4 May 2014, 01:51 (Ref:3401671)   #156
extramundane
Racer

Benin
Here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
It took three sessions, but ESM finally got heat in the tires...

We will see how the race plays out..still betting on a DP win.
I'm betting on a DP win too, but mostly because the 3 P2 cars have upside-down Scott Sharp, Ed Brown & Gustovo Yacaman aboard. Maybe if there were a couple of seriously all-pro P2s out there...
Old 4 May 2014, 02:07 (Ref:3401676)   #157
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
I'm sorry I can't accept outright false statements being made in the name of "excitement."

The pole time was just about 2 secs slower than the P2 pole last year. That goes a long way in showing the grip difference in a Conti tire and the Michelins.
It does, and that's why they won't say anything.

It may be inaccurate, but you really can't expect a group of commentators selected by a series that has a contract with Continental to point out the cars are slower than previous years because they are running on Continentals.

As I said in my previous post, why point it out? We already know, and people who are new to this don't need to know. There is nothing to gain by pointing it out, unless they just want to satisfy some grouches who love to hear/talk about how bad the series is.

It just seems like a silly thing to be flustered about given that you have to know that commentators usually attempt to put a positive spins on things.
Old 4 May 2014, 02:11 (Ref:3401677)   #158
BullMan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accident View Post
It does, and that's why they won't say anything.

It may be inaccurate, but you really can't expect a group of commentators selected by a series that has a contract with Continental to point out the cars are slower than previous years because they are running on Continentals.

As I said in my previous post, why point it out? We already know, and people who are new to this don't need to know. There is nothing to gain by pointing it out, unless they just want to satisfy some grouches who love to hear/talk about how bad the series is.

It just seems like a silly thing to be flustered about given that you have to know that commentators usually attempt to put a positive spins on things.
The whole thing was Greg Creamer screaming and yelling about NEW TRACK RECORDS when it was not nearly the case. It was an outright lie, yet he kept going on and on about it.
Old 4 May 2014, 02:13 (Ref:3401679)   #159
FLGTFAN
Racer

United States
Naples, Florida
FLGTFAN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I very much enjoyed qualifying. The P session was the best so far. I have refrained from crapping on IMSA for BOP, and the balance looks better than ever.

From the footage I saw, it was clear that the pits at Laguna are in no way able to accomodate a combined race for this many teams. The start of each qually session looked more like a Le Mans start than the typical go off. Definitely some sharing/compromises going on, LOL.
Old 4 May 2014, 02:50 (Ref:3401684)   #160
David Land
Veteran

United States
Franklin, Indiana
David Land has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Not to grind an axe or anything, but if the P2 car dominates tomorrow IMSA has failed again.

Yeah sure 'our' car might win, but it won because IMSA gave them a favorable BoP boost. That still stinks to me.
Old 4 May 2014, 03:25 (Ref:3401688)   #161
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Land View Post
Not to grind an axe or anything, but if the P2 car dominates tomorrow IMSA has failed again.

Yeah sure 'our' car might win, but it won because IMSA gave them a favorable BoP boost. That still stinks to me.
The BOP adjustment was relatively minor.
I'm guessing that the DP's will still have an edge in the race. In my opinion the P2 cars need to have a pretty significant overall laptime advantage to overcome the straight line speed that the DP's were given.

The balance certainly seems better than before. Hopefully we can have a good race tomorrow.
Old 4 May 2014, 03:26 (Ref:3401689)   #162
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
PointDSM is a back marker
But that mindset is assuming the reduction of 10-14 horsepower actually did anything. Westbrook proved DP's are still fast, and the tires will be the telling tale tomorrow.
Old 4 May 2014, 03:26 (Ref:3401690)   #163
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PointDSM View Post
Just wish that MMPR was still running...
^ Yeah that.
Old 4 May 2014, 03:28 (Ref:3401692)   #164
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Really glad TUSC decided to stream this session.
It was nice to be able to watch the qualifying and practice sessions.
Old 4 May 2014, 03:28 (Ref:3401693)   #165
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMaters View Post
Hell of a great job for ESM!!
+1
Old 4 May 2014, 04:19 (Ref:3401700)   #166
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Don't know what broadcast some folks were listening to, but I definitely heard the announcers talk about how the old P2 machinery was just amazing, able to beat P1, and in an entirely different class so that the current cars (which are P-class, NOT P2) cannot be compared.

I will say it again: there are no P2 cars in TUSC. There are P-cars. LMP2 ran at Spa earlier.

I Was a big ALMS fan, but ALMS is over. I was somewhat of a Rolex fan, but Rolex is over.

I have not been much of a TUSC fan, but I am not going to Not be a TUSC fan because I used to be a fan of something else. TUSC can either make it on its own merits or it cannot, but it Cannot be ALMS II.

I really enjoyed qualifying. The two types of cars ran pretty close. I am surprised Oak didn't do better. A beenfit of having watched both series, I know that the #90 SDR is a serious team with some good drivers—no surprise when they run fast. They might not always run trouble-free, but they are a serious team. Whatever type of car they drive.

I hope ESM is finally getting a grip on the HPDs. Frankly i have never been too impressed with them—I always expected more when they had the Ferraris. No reason they shouldn't pull it together and run well in the HPDs.

Pruett and co will always be a threat on race day. That machine is too well engineered and too well maintained (the Telcel-Ganassi team, as well as the car) not to be a contender.

We won't know until race day whether the latest adjustments worked or not. We will get even more information at Belle Isle. We might or might not see ESM or Oak win at Laguna Seca ... but at least it looks like finally it might be a fair fight. We'll see.

If people don't want to like TUSC ... well, alright then.

I don't want or not want to like it—I will watch it and see what it is. And today, it was pretty good. GTLM quali was uninspiring, but P was quite exciting. Tomorrow could be a really good race.
Old 4 May 2014, 04:19 (Ref:3401701)   #167
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Land View Post

I know what you mean, that wouldn't be fair either.
Judging from how little changes were actually made though, and from qualifying, it doesn't look like it'll be a walk in the park for anyone.
Old 4 May 2014, 04:49 (Ref:3401707)   #168
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by extramundane View Post
I'm betting on a DP win too, but mostly because the 3 P2 cars have upside-down Scott Sharp, Ed Brown & Gustovo Yacaman aboard. Maybe if there were a couple of seriously all-pro P2s out there...
Good point, altough I think that Yacaman is quite good.
Old 4 May 2014, 04:58 (Ref:3401708)   #169
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I wonder what a gt1 would do? Probably be top 5 car with modern rubber. At least GTE will be good as usual.
Old 4 May 2014, 05:40 (Ref:3401711)   #170
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Come on guys get over it. Forget about the crap they say,you pay to much atetion to it.during daytona you guys had a fit over mrn,I didn't worry about its a small thing.as long as they call out the lap times and gaps that's all I need.i can care less about the other worthless crap they talk about,same goes for RLM.all I need is gaps and lap times!!

Just so u know JVO'S pole time is only hundredths faster than his pole time last year.1:18.561 this year vs. 1:18.591 last year! And I doubt last years pc michelins the p2s used were any better than the conti's, last years pole was nearly 2 seconds faster by level 5.nothing against esm,but they have not been a top flight team in gt or p2, you have to remember they have a genialman driver and a nearly wash up Scott sharp.i wonder what level5 or MMPR could get done with their top level operations.......

All that aside it was a great day at the track, busy and llots of cars.the super trofeo race was actually pretty good and given the cautions the conti race was still damn good! I got to say I loved the TUSCAR practice sessions and wish the race was combinded, but it's the best decision to have separate races.i mean within minutes practice went red because three pro-ams in the dirt.but it was still awesome practice sessions.watching qualifying from above turn 2 was fun and the prototype quali was pretty good,still question the fords and have a feeling they will be fast during the race.but whatever,I'm looking forward for both races and should be good but expect quite a few cautions in both races.should be fun!

So far this weekend has been much better than long beach!

Last edited by Lagunaseca_4life; 4 May 2014 at 05:51.
Old 4 May 2014, 05:47 (Ref:3401714)   #171
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also not that anybody cares, but I do.gannassi is now using bbs wheels in the rear that match the front wheels.looks pretty damn cool, hopefully the other teams switch to those too because the mismatched wheels just look wrong.
Old 4 May 2014, 12:01 (Ref:3401829)   #172
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Do they stream the race for us outside usa
Old 4 May 2014, 13:06 (Ref:3401841)   #173
BullMan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
Come on guys get over it. Forget about the crap they say,you pay to much atetion to it.during daytona you guys had a fit over mrn,I didn't worry about its a small thing.as long as they call out the lap times and gaps that's all I need.i can care less about the other worthless crap they talk about,same goes for RLM.all I need is gaps and lap times!!

Just so u know JVO'S pole time is only hundredths faster than his pole time last year.1:18.561 this year vs. 1:18.591 last year! And I doubt last years pc michelins the p2s used were any better than the conti's, last years pole was nearly 2 seconds faster by level 5.nothing against esm,but they have not been a top flight team in gt or p2, you have to remember they have a genialman driver and a nearly wash up Scott sharp.i wonder what level5 or MMPR could get done with their top level operations.......

All that aside it was a great day at the track, busy and llots of cars.the super trofeo race was actually pretty good and given the cautions the conti race was still damn good! I got to say I loved the TUSCAR practice sessions and wish the race was combinded, but it's the best decision to have separate races.i mean within minutes practice went red because three pro-ams in the dirt.but it was still awesome practice sessions.watching qualifying from above turn 2 was fun and the prototype quali was pretty good,still question the fords and have a feeling they will be fast during the race.but whatever,I'm looking forward for both races and should be good but expect quite a few cautions in both races.should be fun!

So far this weekend has been much better than long beach!
The P2s this year have more HP than last year, so running nearly the same time says a lot about the crappiness of the tires.
Old 4 May 2014, 13:27 (Ref:3401847)   #174
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pederb View Post
Do they stream the race for us outside usa
It's supposed to be streamed on imsa.com.
Old 4 May 2014, 14:14 (Ref:3401852)   #175
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzeiTzei View Post
Good point, altough I think that Yacaman is quite good.
Yeah, totally true, but his name should be Gustavo Yacrashman