Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 15 Jan 2010, 09:59 (Ref:2613742)   #26
Bullett
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Bullett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parramatta_Power View Post
Brings back that "Race of a Millions Years" debacle... I remember they cut the race short an hour of two from New Years Day or 12 a.m.(Midnight). Organizers in Australia would need to get their act together(Hospitality, Profitability, Making sure the event goes off with minimal glitches). Believe me, I would love to watch a Sports Car Race at Phillip Island, Sounds mouth watering already or better yet, going to a Asian LM Series Event at Eastern Creek Raceway.
Eastern Creek!? Phillip Island is fast, spectacular and marketable...If there was a LMP/GT race in Australia it would have to be PI!
Old 16 Jan 2010, 01:27 (Ref:2614065)   #27
Parramatta_Power
Rookie

Australia
You Know, You Know...
Parramatta_Power should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullett View Post
Eastern Creek!? Phillip Island is fast, spectacular and marketable...If there was a LMP/GT race in Australia it would have to be PI!
You know, you're right. Most of the V8 Supercars teams are based in Victoria anyway so it would give teams Sports Car teams from the state a chance to race against the big names in GT/Prototypes. Plus, as you said, Phillip Island is fast, flowing and frenetic in nature which means it is perfectly set for either Open Wheel or Prototype/GT Racing.
Old 17 Jan 2010, 03:15 (Ref:2614496)   #28
Monkey Head
Veteran

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Monkey Head should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asa View Post
Neither FIA GT nor AsLMS can expect to get paid by the govt to race in Zhuhai, nor anywhere else in China for that matter, but the management at Zhuhai is not exactly crap.
nobody admit he was drunk when he was.
Old 20 Jan 2010, 10:05 (Ref:2616181)   #29
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Head View Post
nobody admit he was drunk when he was.
All that glitters is not gold.
Old 21 Jan 2010, 03:44 (Ref:2616714)   #30
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Australia, anybody?
Yes please!

Phillip Island would be a great circuit as would Eastern Creek. An Australian round would fit into the AsianLMS pretty well. I'd prefer Bathurst but I cant see it happening, just imagine a full field flying down out of Forest's Elbow onto Conrod straight. There's nothing wrong with dreaming though......

Realistically I can see PI or Eastern Creek getting the nod IF there was a round in Australia. Its a shame that you could fit all the Aussie sportscar/gt fans down here into a phone booth.
Old 21 Jan 2010, 04:48 (Ref:2616733)   #31
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As has been gone over a million times before in this context, for Eastern Creek to get an appropriate certification, the requisite changes would eviscerate it to the degree where it's no longer recognizable. There was a proposal floating around a while ago which was faintly nauseating. Even the direction of circulation was reversed.
Old 22 Jan 2010, 02:38 (Ref:2617289)   #32
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
The Eastern Creek mods were NOT about bringing it up to Grade 2 standard, which I would have to think it meets already, but to bring it up to Grade 1/F1 standard.
Old 22 Jan 2010, 08:26 (Ref:2617339)   #33
Parramatta_Power
Rookie

Australia
You Know, You Know...
Parramatta_Power should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Yes please!

Phillip Island would be a great circuit as would Eastern Creek. An Australian round would fit into the AsianLMS pretty well. I'd prefer Bathurst but I cant see it happening, just imagine a full field flying down out of Forest's Elbow onto Conrod straight. There's nothing wrong with dreaming though......

Realistically I can see PI or Eastern Creek getting the nod IF there was a round in Australia. Its a shame that you could fit all the Aussie sportscar/gt fans down here into a phone booth.
This is where Marketing and Promotion steps in my friend. Thrown in a couple pre-race events: A V8 Supercars or V8 Utes Shoot-Out, some Australian Formula 3's and interest will boom. By the way, is Phillip Island a FIA Grade 1 circuit and if so can Grade 1 circuits only host International Sports Car Events???
Old 22 Jan 2010, 17:09 (Ref:2617641)   #34
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
The Eastern Creek mods were NOT about bringing it up to Grade 2 standard, which I would have to think it meets already, but to bring it up to Grade 1/F1 standard.
You are correct, I checked around and those mods were indeed intended to meet Grade 1 standard. I'm not sure about its Grade 2 status at present, though since it hosted A1 GP not that long ago, you are probably correct in your supposition that it still meets, or could meet, that classification.
Old 23 Jan 2010, 00:12 (Ref:2617803)   #35
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parramatta_Power View Post
can Grade 1 circuits only host International Sports Car Events???
Silverstone, Montmeló and Monza host every little race they can, so no.
Old 23 Jan 2010, 07:07 (Ref:2617871)   #36
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
What ..... Monza wont even host a LMS race , last time they wanted to , it was cancelled cuz of noise polution !!!
Old 23 Jan 2010, 15:51 (Ref:2618099)   #37
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
What ..... Monza wont even host a LMS race , last time they wanted to , it was cancelled cuz of noise polution !!!
And that's down to the Noise restrictions at the circuit, not the Grade of the Circuit.
Old 22 Feb 2010, 17:57 (Ref:2638425)   #38
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Looks like one of the rounds will be in Shanghai ..... Pugs 2010 racing programe mentions it .

Wonder if Pug let one of the cats outta the baggy !!!
Old 22 Feb 2010, 18:14 (Ref:2638440)   #39
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
The Shanghai race has failed two times. Will this third attempt be succesful? I hope so.
Old 22 Feb 2010, 19:13 (Ref:2638494)   #40
The Badger
Veteran

3rd time lucky !!!

One would expect that everything is sorted out by now , guess we will have to wait and see .

I'd like a personal preferance of Mount Fuji & Suzuka too , with a round in the land of Oz too .
Old 23 Feb 2010, 00:32 (Ref:2638716)   #41
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't know why they never mention Suzuka. That is the king of Endurance circuits in Asia.
Negotiation problems, perhaps? Such a shame to not have that circuit. Did it not fall off the scale for a while following Daijiro Kato's death?
Old 24 Feb 2010, 12:27 (Ref:2639671)   #42
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
If they make into Shanghai, it's a miracle! Better ACO do it safely in Japan instead of canceling events all the time. You can't be at the oven and in the mill.
Old 24 Feb 2010, 12:52 (Ref:2639692)   #43
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
To save me searching - why is there such a problem with going to Shanghai?
Old 24 Feb 2010, 13:52 (Ref:2639726)   #44
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Too bad, Mal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia, Asian Le Mans Series
A teasing race was to be held at Shanghai, China on November 1–2, 2008 but was later cancelled. [...] The second [2009] event at Shanghai to be held one week later was officially cancelled in August.
Old 24 Feb 2010, 14:56 (Ref:2639761)   #45
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Too bad, Mal.
That doesn't explain why
Old 24 Feb 2010, 15:59 (Ref:2639789)   #46
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i would hope lessons have been learnt & asian le mans in shanghai would mean pairing up with dtm, but aren't they racing on a street track?

Why would they both run risky events in a far flung land seperarely?
Old 24 Feb 2010, 18:03 (Ref:2639863)   #47
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Two cancelled races in the last two years is a poor background.

With "too bad" I meant that the quote above was very easy to find.
Old 24 Feb 2010, 18:55 (Ref:2639886)   #48
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Two cancelled races in the last two years is a poor background.

With "too bad" I meant that the quote above was very easy to find.
That may be so - but it doesnt answer my question therefore I had no reason to find it.
Old 27 Feb 2010, 16:10 (Ref:2641564)   #49
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Shanghai is a problem because you can't expect the government to back your race, and the F1 circuit charges a heinous amount for anyone else to use the place because they have to try to recoup the expenses of the F1 sanction fee somehow.

Just wondering, but how would people feel about an AsLMS race at Sentul? Also, would people consider Hampton Downs a real option once the 3.8km loop is complete?
Old 27 Feb 2010, 20:27 (Ref:2641653)   #50
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
I believe that LMPs should only race in fast, long circuits. No Okayama, no Cheste, no Adria, no Hungaroring. The ALMS is an exception which I can't explain .But there are plenty of fast circuits in Europe and quite a few in Asia, so there's no need of using twistier ones.