Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 30 Oct 2010, 17:15 (Ref:2782606)   #76
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
If they weren't going to field gt500 cars, nissan may be able to make a gt1 gtr into gt2 spec, and toyota may have something they can do with the LFA, don't know what honda would do though.
They all have engines eligible for LMP competition next year, what's stopping them from utilising customer efforts?
While the option may not be as enticing for Honda/Nissan (with P2 lacking a manufacturers title and all), Toyota could do a lot worse than Rebellion for representation.

Unfortunately Toyota's conservative approach to motorsport as of late might render that too optimistic a prediction.
Old 30 Oct 2010, 17:54 (Ref:2782621)   #77
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is there an Asian LMS outside of the Fuji and Zhuhai ILMC rounds?

So far it's known GT500 engines can be used in P1.

A version of Nissans GT500 engine is being developed for P2.

Honda/Acura have P1 and P2 engines.

There's been talk of the GT1 Nissan GT-R being converted to GTE spec.

A version of the LFA has competed in the Nurburgring 24hrs.

What if GT300 is moving to ACO GTE regs so the Japanease cars can compete worldwide?

Last edited by JAG; 30 Oct 2010 at 18:08.
Old 30 Oct 2010, 18:29 (Ref:2782641)   #78
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
What if GT300 is moving to ACO GTE regs so the Japanease cars can compete worldwide?
They've only recently announced that they wouldn't accept any new GT2-cars into GT300 and that cars wishing to compete according to European regulations must be GT3s. Until this season there actually was an equivalency formula between GT300 and GT2 in place, but that's history now.

I think Honda being among the manufacturers that wants to have a GT-effort in AsLMS, really points towards a GT500-campaign, as they don't have any roadcars that could be turned into a GT-racer.

(But then that didn't bother Panoz, either, so maybe they actually could build a GTE HSV, but I doubt it)
Old 30 Oct 2010, 20:10 (Ref:2782678)   #79
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
DSC say the cars will be ACO spec so it's a real mystery.

Are the ACO and current competitors willing to relax the rules to allow more US and Japanease manufactuers in?

Last edited by JAG; 30 Oct 2010 at 20:22.
Old 30 Oct 2010, 20:13 (Ref:2782680)   #80
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Bring it on , thats what we need all around . Be great to see some top Asian teams come and do Le mans , the odd LMS & ALMS round ..... keep the rest of'em honest .
Old 30 Oct 2010, 21:04 (Ref:2782695)   #81
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I refuse to get too excited about this until anything actually happens. But it would be great. It is a shame almost that they look to have decided to gravitate to what is already the strongest class. Obviously it could mean mind blowing levels of competition but I would really love to see the Japanese manufacturers throwing some weight behind LMPs and showcase some alternative technologies and things like that. That would really put sportscar racing on the map.

It's fair to say Toyota have unfinished business with Le Mans like no other manufacturer.
Old 1 Nov 2010, 02:43 (Ref:2783209)   #82
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
The GT-One was a race winner, just didn't win, tires, drivers etc.

If they run the GT500 cars, they could drop weight and beat LMP2 cars. That wouldn't fly well with the ACO. Or they could gain a bit of weight and keep about the same power and beat the GTE's, that won't fly too well either. They're obviously superior cars to LeMans style GT's. The only thing that is stopping them is rules and regs. Carbon chassis's, race derived engines, bodywork as well...
Old 1 Nov 2010, 15:06 (Ref:2783479)   #83
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
I don't believe that the GT300 category is that different in performance to the ACO GT2 class. I wonder how similar the regulations are, and how these cars are prepared.

http://supergt.net/supergt/2010/10te...ex_e003.htm?tm

http://supergt.net/supergt/2010/10te...ex_e019.htm?tm

http://supergt.net/supergt/2010/10te...ex_e046.htm?tm
Old 1 Nov 2010, 15:40 (Ref:2783492)   #84
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well... just compare ther fastest qualifying lap times from Okayama last year (2009 Super GT season opener and 2009 AsLMS race)

LMP1 - 1:19.143
LMP2 - 1:23.790
GT500 - 1:24.069
LMGT1 - 1:29.827
LMGT2 - 1:30.847
GT300 - 1:31.860
Old 1 Nov 2010, 15:53 (Ref:2783497)   #85
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
I don't believe that the GT300 category is that different in performance to the ACO GT2 class. I wonder how similar the regulations are, and how these cars are prepared.
Perhaps, there is no Japanese motor sports fan that knows the regulation of the GT300 class accurately.
The car that completely suits the regulation of JAF-GT300 is only 350Z!
Other cars have been obtaining some special permission instead of installing the handicap weight.
The performance tuning of the JAF-GT300 vehicle and the FIA-GT2/3 vehicle is performed with the weight handicap and the air restrictor.
In general, a straight speed of the FIA-GT2/3 vehicle is faster, and the cornering speed of the JAF-GT300 vehicle is faster.
It takes time to refuel the FIA-GT2/3 vehicle compared with the JAF-GT300 vehicle.
Old 1 Nov 2010, 15:56 (Ref:2783500)   #86
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post

http://supergt.net/supergt/2010/10te...ex_e003.htm?tm

http://supergt.net/supergt/2010/10te...ex_e019.htm?tm

http://supergt.net/supergt/2010/10te...ex_e046.htm?tm
The Lexus is a mid-engined tubeframe silhouette...

Speedhunters had a feature on the sister car some time ago: Here

Last edited by Speed-King; 1 Nov 2010 at 16:04.
Old 1 Nov 2010, 16:01 (Ref:2783507)   #87
JAG
Veteran

England
Modest road cars can be competitive in GT300 thanks to liberal chassis/aero regs and lower power outputs than GT2.

Nissan could use the 370Z but the more obvious 911/Ferrari rival is the GT-R.

Lexus have the LSF or ISF.

Honda..............?
Old 1 Nov 2010, 16:23 (Ref:2783522)   #88
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Modest road cars can be competitive in GT300 thanks to liberal chassis/aero regs and lower power outputs than GT2.

Nissan could use the 370Z but the more obvious 911/Ferrari rival is the GT-R.

Lexus have the LSF or ISF.

Honda..............?
My point being that there was a 370Z out there competing at "near" GT2 performance, while NISMO Japan has been dead flat against building a GT-R for ACO GT2 specs for several years now.

If there is any truth to the rumour, either we are talking about utilizing existing cars that are close to GT2 specs, or building all new cars... At this point, colour me sceptical that these manufacturers are going to build all new cars.
Old 1 Nov 2010, 19:42 (Ref:2783660)   #89
JAG
Veteran

England
There was an article in Autosport a month or so back with Carlos Taveres of Nissan saying they are in discussions with the ACO about making the GT1 GT-R ACO GTE homologated.

Could be the kind of short cut needed to bring Nissan on-board.

Quote:
Le Mans generates a lot of emotion in our company. We are keeping an eye on it and would grasp an opportunity to go back if certain stars align.

Last edited by JAG; 1 Nov 2010 at 19:53.
Old 1 Nov 2010, 20:06 (Ref:2783677)   #90
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
There was an article in Autosport a month or so back with Carlos Taveres of Nissan saying they are in discussions with the ACO about making the GT1 GT-R ACO GTE homologated.

Could be the kind of short cut needed to bring Nissan on-board.
That is sort of like what Matech said they are doing to make their GTE machine, so I guess it could be done with the Nissan as well.
Old 14 Jun 2012, 09:34 (Ref:3090609)   #91
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
According to the EI facebook, the Asian Le Mans Series will be resurrect in 2013.

6 rounds, reserved for LMP2, GTE, LMPC and GTC.
Pro-am drivers of which at least 1 Asian driver in every car.
3 hour races in 2013 and 4 hour races in 2014.
Old 14 Jun 2012, 09:34 (Ref:3090611)   #92
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Asian Le Mans Series (beating a dead horse?)

6 races in 2013
P2, GTE, LMPC, GTC
3 hour races in first season, 4 hour races after that
At least 1 asian driver per team
Pro-Am drivers
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 14 Jun 2012, 09:38 (Ref:3090614)   #93
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntt View Post
Asian Le Mans Series (beating a dead horse?)

6 races in 2013
P2, GTE, LMPC, GTC
3 hour races in first season, 4 hour races after that
At least 1 asian driver per team
Pro-Am drivers
Well, it depends on why they do it. If Nissan and Mazda are behind it, this could actually become a success, I think.
Old 14 Jun 2012, 09:40 (Ref:3090619)   #94
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Well, it depends on why they do it. If Nissan and Mazda are behind it, this could actually become a success, I think.
I suppose that's true, might be the right time with greater Japanese involvement in Le Mans.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 14 Jun 2012, 10:39 (Ref:3090682)   #95
Speed-King
Veteran

Asian Le Mans Series press release
Old 14 Jun 2012, 12:23 (Ref:3090799)   #96
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Think they could have an AsLMS race in Australia or New Zealand?
Old 14 Jun 2012, 12:24 (Ref:3090800)   #97
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
Think they could have an AsLMS race in Australia or New Zealand?
5-6 races in 3 countries for the first year... So Japan and China should be a given with Malaysia and Korea being options for the third...
Old 14 Jun 2012, 12:26 (Ref:3090801)   #98
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Korea ..... what about Australia ?
Old 14 Jun 2012, 12:28 (Ref:3090804)   #99
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Korea ..... what about Australia ?
I *think* they'd have mentioned that. Especially with the requirement of one Asian driver per car Australia doesn't make that much sense. If Australia were to host a round, that should've been included in the driver requirement.
Old 14 Jun 2012, 12:33 (Ref:3090809)   #100
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
we have Toyota, Nissan, Honda (HPD) represented in this weekend's Le Mans 24hrs, which may be a good base to get teams' interest.

but... they've been trying this for a long time now, and it just doesn't seem to work for some reason.