Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Jul 2003, 18:53 (Ref:663147)   #1
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
£115 general admission for the British GP? How much is Monaco?

What a disgrace.

How much does it cost to get in basic admission for Monaco?
Old 16 Jul 2003, 18:57 (Ref:663155)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
IIRC you can't get into Spa for that.

Still, it is a lot (even relatively!).
Old 16 Jul 2003, 18:57 (Ref:663156)   #3
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thats Britain for you, its too expensive to live here generally....
Old 16 Jul 2003, 18:59 (Ref:663157)   #4
noweels
Racer

noweels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
£1.29 inc soft drink,baguette,sun screen,bikini clad girl,program,and ticket to F1 party.
Old 16 Jul 2003, 19:28 (Ref:663211)   #5
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The cheapest ticket to Spa costs at least 300 Eero's....
Old 16 Jul 2003, 19:44 (Ref:663231)   #6
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well thats rubbish, I got in last year for 120 Euro's.
Old 16 Jul 2003, 21:02 (Ref:663305)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Damon
Well thats rubbish, I got in last year for 120 Euro's.
About 80 quid. Then there's the ferry and fuel cost so let's say 300 Euros for the trip.
Old 16 Jul 2003, 21:47 (Ref:663354)   #8
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
And worth every penny when compared to the boring, sterile dump that is Silverstone. Plus you get to stock up on some decent beer.
Old 16 Jul 2003, 22:04 (Ref:663366)   #9
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Spend it on 10 club meetings and see some real racing!
Old 16 Jul 2003, 22:08 (Ref:663371)   #10
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Trouble is I do that too .
Old 16 Jul 2003, 22:16 (Ref:663377)   #11
bgeorge104
Racer

United Kingdom
London, UK
bgeorge104 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I paid 40 euro's for Saturday & 50 euro's for Sunday at this years Monaco Grand Prix secteur rocher, view wasn't great though, loads of trees but did have views of 2 giant screens. I would go again.
Old 16 Jul 2003, 22:40 (Ref:663395)   #12
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
£115 is around $345 New Zealand dollars,if they had a race here no one would turn up at that price.Last time I went to the races here it was $20 for me and my son.So I guess not much chance of F1 in NZ.
Old 16 Jul 2003, 22:49 (Ref:663400)   #13
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I am truly sick of the way us Brits always get the **** end of the stick.

Not just F1, but generally, we do get a bad deal with more or less everything I think.

What excuse can the BRDC or Brands Hatch leisure give for such high ticket prices?
Has anyone ever asked them?

About 7 years ago it only cost between £40-50 for entry, and even that was steep.
Me and my Dad paid £85-90 each for Sunday admission in 1998 and even that was ridiculous.
Is there no end to their greed?

Last edited by Adam43; 17 Jul 2003 at 00:04.
Old 17 Jul 2003, 02:59 (Ref:663519)   #14
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, at current exchange rates, 115 pounds is about 260 Canadian dollars, and for that, you could sit in the best seats at the CART race in Vancouver (gold grandstand), and have money left over for earplugs.
So maybe F1 isn't that expensive, relatively speaking. Or maybe it is.

http://www.molsonindy.com/vancouver/tickets/index.html
Old 17 Jul 2003, 04:07 (Ref:663544)   #15
Omega99
Veteran

Canada
9Henday
Omega99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CART is cheaper. And damn good racing! The paddock passes are an amazing deal, though they seem pricey.
Old 17 Jul 2003, 04:07 (Ref:663545)   #16
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I agree that the price is expensive but I don't agree that Silverstone is a "Sterile Dump". Its not Monaco and its not Spa, granted. But if all the tracks were the same it would be very boring wouldn't it?

I've said elsewhere that racing on the International Circuit is tremendous fun. Better than the GP circuit.

Yes its expensive. I stopped going when two three day tickets cost as much as two weeks in the sun. But I was fortunate to be given a three day general admission ticket last year and it reminded me of what I was missing.

Its also a good place to meet friends who you don't see from one year to the next because you race and don't have those spare weekends.

I've been to Spa and Portugal and even now the race programme is better than most other European GP meetings.

You can make of it what you will. I think its a great celebration and the party atmosphere is there for everybody.

Again though it is expensive but Brits getting the s"£$$y deal? Don't agree.

Being stuck away in Turkey I don't even have a chance to get to a GP and back in a weekend so I'm envious of those who will be there this coming weekend.
Old 17 Jul 2003, 04:36 (Ref:663557)   #17
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Guess I won't be going to the british GP anytime soon...
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 17 Jul 2003, 06:04 (Ref:663589)   #18
zonda
Rookie

zonda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jes thats damn expensive, the GP here in Australia for General Admission was $125 for a four day pass which i thought was acceptable. Converted into pounts thats about 42pounds.

dave
Old 17 Jul 2003, 07:15 (Ref:663618)   #19
rocket
Racer

rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
actually zonda the price for this years gp was $165 for a four day general admission pass, in relative tearms it is dearer than the british gp
Old 17 Jul 2003, 07:17 (Ref:663619)   #20
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by zonda
Jes thats damn expensive, the GP here in Australia for General Admission was $125 for a four day pass which i thought was acceptable. Converted into pounts thats about 42pounds.

dave
That seems a good deal.Only problem here is the tours I have seen offered here seem to involve hotels at £100 per night.Little change out of £1500. Do you know any cheap hotels in Melbourne?
BTW when I went to my first GP at Silverstone in 1960 admission was 6 shillings(30p)Total cost of trip £1.

Last edited by Rob29; 17 Jul 2003 at 07:23.
Old 17 Jul 2003, 07:40 (Ref:663626)   #21
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As a student you get into the Australian Grand Prix for $80 for four days so that is hard to beat.England is to expensive for everything so get used to it as in a few years time you will have to add a chunnel trip to it

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 17 Jul 2003, 13:02 (Ref:663858)   #22
DSM
Veteran

DSM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Three of us flew to Barcelona for this year. We had a free place to stay but had to drive about 100 miles each day to and from the circuit. Total cost for all three days, Grandstand seats, including flights and fuel cost, about £40each less than going to the BGP.
Anyway, it must be OK. Coulthard is quoted in Autosport as saying 'At the end of the day it is a business, not a charity. If it is going to be more affordable to the man in the street, then that's where the Government can come in and make it more affordable'.
So DC wants the government to use OUR money to make it cheaper for us to get in to the GP? Thanks a lot Dave.
Old 17 Jul 2003, 14:28 (Ref:663948)   #23
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree wiht the sums about Barcelona ie your weekend is cheaper than Silverstone - in fact leaving aside accomodation if you get a really cheap charter a weekend stand seat plus flight at Montreal costs less than the same seat at Silverstone
Old 17 Jul 2003, 21:03 (Ref:664370)   #24
eein
Racer

eein should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Silverstone does cost plenty, but compared to some european GPs it is worth it. There is lots of extra stuff on at silverstone and despite the circuit's issues, they are not all that bad.

The real reason they are so expensive is coz people will pay it. If they made them too expensive and no one went, they would make it cheaper. So in a way, every british person on this list is to blame - i.e. the large and enthusiasic following F1 in the UK has.

If you sold your house and you reckoned you could get someone to pay £200k for it, you would not sell it for £100k just to appease the buyer.

Its busniness, or at least an attempt at it.
Old 18 Jul 2003, 06:19 (Ref:664587)   #25
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sadly true.If you double the price even if you half the crowd you are laughing because you need to provide less facilities.Circuit owners tried this for lesser series and came unstuck,crowd dissapeared entirely and have never returned.