Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9 Aug 2020, 14:26 (Ref:3994098)   #1
AndreasDavour
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Sweden
Posts: 690
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Concorde Agreement - McLaren, Ferrari and Williams supports it, but why?

I guess you have all heard that there's a new agreement in preparation. Before there have been an agreement in place where Ferrari has been the recipient of a "bonus payout" for being there longer than anyone else.


I started to wonder how come McLaren, Williams and Ferrari are now all ready to sign a new agreement, and those three happen to be the three oldest teams. Have that "bonus program" been expanded to three teams, I wonder?


Toto Wolf has been saying a lot about how his team, and their star driver, has not been given credit for what they have been providing. It makes me question what kind of credit is being bandied about?


I think it would be a massive error by Liberty Media to keep that grossly unfair "bonus payout" system, even if it included more teams.
AndreasDavour is offline  
__________________
Drive faster and longer than the rest
...in anything but a Honda...
Quote
Old 9 Aug 2020, 14:32 (Ref:3994106)   #2
ASCII Man
Veteran
 
ASCII Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Belgium
Leuven
Posts: 7,926
ASCII Man has a real shot at the podium!ASCII Man has a real shot at the podium!ASCII Man has a real shot at the podium!ASCII Man has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasDavour View Post
Toto Wolf has been saying a lot about how his team, and their star driver, has not been given credit for what they have been providing. It makes me question what kind of credit is being bandied about?

They should be fined if what they've been providing is anything to go by.
ASCII Man is offline  
Quote
Old 9 Aug 2020, 17:14 (Ref:3994215)   #3
AndreasDavour
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Sweden
Posts: 690
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is another can of worms, and a worthy conversation, probably in another thread though.
AndreasDavour is offline  
__________________
Drive faster and longer than the rest
...in anything but a Honda...
Quote
Old 10 Aug 2020, 02:14 (Ref:3994348)   #4
wnut
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,477
wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasDavour View Post
I guess you have all heard that there's a new agreement in preparation. Before there have been an agreement in place where Ferrari has been the recipient of a "bonus payout" for being there longer than anyone else.


I started to wonder how come McLaren, Williams and Ferrari are now all ready to sign a new agreement, and those three happen to be the three oldest teams. Have that "bonus program" been expanded to three teams, I wonder?


Toto Wolf has been saying a lot about how his team, and their star driver, has not been given credit for what they have been providing. It makes me question what kind of credit is being bandied about?


I think it would be a massive error by Liberty Media to keep that grossly unfair "bonus payout" system, even if it included more teams.

I started to wonder how come McLaren, Williams and Ferrari are now all ready to sign a new agreement, and those three happen to be the three oldest teams. Have that "bonus program" been expanded to three teams, I wonder?

All those teams receive heritage payments under the current agreement.
I think they also got signing bonuses for signing early with Bernie before.

Basis of Machiavellian politics - Divide and rule!

There is a Formula 1 finance thread further on here somewhere where the payments are laid out if you are interested.
wnut is offline  
Quote
Old 10 Aug 2020, 07:51 (Ref:3994379)   #5
Moneyseeker
Subscriber
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,789
Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
I started to wonder how come McLaren, Williams and Ferrari are now all ready to sign a new agreement, and those three happen to be the three oldest teams. Have that "bonus program" been expanded to three teams, I wonder?



All those teams receive heritage payments under the current agreement.

I think they also got signing bonuses for signing early with Bernie before.



Basis of Machiavellian politics - Divide and rule!



There is a Formula 1 finance thread further on here somewhere where the payments are laid out if you are interested.
There shouldn't be any bonus points for heritage or brand. Prize money, which is what it is, should be awarded on results.

Claire is all for equality but has been happy to bank Williams bonus payments just for being Williams.

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk
Moneyseeker is offline  
Quote
Old 10 Aug 2020, 09:27 (Ref:3994399)   #6
wnut
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,477
wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
There shouldn't be any bonus points for heritage or brand. Prize money, which is what it is, should be awarded on results.

Claire is all for equality but has been happy to bank Williams bonus payments just for being Williams.

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk
Agree with you Moneyseeker.

F1's biggest problem - "Turkeys voting for Christmas"

They would all be better off without heritage payments (except maybe Ferrari) and signing bonuses, but they get divided here, and just lose all the way from there.
wnut is offline  
Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:29 (Ref:3995354)   #7
Moneyseeker
Subscriber
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,789
Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Looking at Joe Sawards recent comments on the new agreement it appears that Ferrari will still get it's additional payment for being Ferrari...

Whilst Williams will lose their heritage payment just for being Williams, which means they will be entirely dependent on their results for the level of FOM payments they receive.

Ditto McLaren.
Moneyseeker is offline  
Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:37 (Ref:3995358)   #8
Aysedasi
Oh well.....
20KPINAL
 
Aysedasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Posts: 33,370
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Looking at Joe Sawards recent comments on the new agreement it appears that Ferrari will still get it's additional payment for being Ferrari...
There can be only one question....... Why?
Aysedasi is online now  
__________________
Here we go again...... 299.....
Quote
Reply

Bookmarks




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Concorde agreement and teams finances Marbot Formula One 36 13 May 2013 08:47
Williams sign up to Concorde Agreement Halsey Formula One 24 9 Dec 2005 15:18
Red Bull sign the Concorde Agreement to 2012 Kicking-back Formula One 23 20 Jul 2005 16:50
The New Concorde Agreement & Ferrari Bias (merged) ActiveMS Formula One 21 3 Mar 2005 09:24


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 19:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Original Website Copyright © 1998-2003 Craig Antil. All Rights Reserved.
Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forums Copyright © 2004-2018 Royalridge Computing. All Rights Reserved.