Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Aug 2020, 14:26 (Ref:3994098)   #1
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Concorde Agreement - McLaren, Ferrari and Williams supports it, but why?

I guess you have all heard that there's a new agreement in preparation. Before there have been an agreement in place where Ferrari has been the recipient of a "bonus payout" for being there longer than anyone else.

I started to wonder how come McLaren, Williams and Ferrari are now all ready to sign a new agreement, and those three happen to be the three oldest teams. Have that "bonus program" been expanded to three teams, I wonder?

Toto Wolf has been saying a lot about how his team, and their star driver, has not been given credit for what they have been providing. It makes me question what kind of credit is being bandied about?

I think it would be a massive error by Liberty Media to keep that grossly unfair "bonus payout" system, even if it included more teams.
Old 9 Aug 2020, 14:32 (Ref:3994106)   #2
ASCII Man
Veteran

Belgium
Leuven
ASCII Man has a real shot at the podium!ASCII Man has a real shot at the podium!ASCII Man has a real shot at the podium!ASCII Man has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasDavour View Post
Toto Wolf has been saying a lot about how his team, and their star driver, has not been given credit for what they have been providing. It makes me question what kind of credit is being bandied about?

They should be fined if what they've been providing is anything to go by.
Old 9 Aug 2020, 17:14 (Ref:3994215)   #3
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is another can of worms, and a worthy conversation, probably in another thread though.
Old 10 Aug 2020, 02:14 (Ref:3994348)   #4
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasDavour View Post
I guess you have all heard that there's a new agreement in preparation. Before there have been an agreement in place where Ferrari has been the recipient of a "bonus payout" for being there longer than anyone else.

I started to wonder how come McLaren, Williams and Ferrari are now all ready to sign a new agreement, and those three happen to be the three oldest teams. Have that "bonus program" been expanded to three teams, I wonder?

I think it would be a massive error by Liberty Media to keep that grossly unfair "bonus payout" system, even if it included more teams.

All those teams receive heritage payments under the current agreement.
I think they also got signing bonuses for signing early with Bernie before.

Basis of Machiavellian politics - Divide and rule!

There is a Formula 1 finance thread further on here somewhere where the payments are laid out if you are interested.
Old 10 Aug 2020, 07:51 (Ref:3994379)   #5
Moneyseeker
Subscriber
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post

All those teams receive heritage payments under the current agreement.

I think they also got signing bonuses for signing early with Bernie before.

Basis of Machiavellian politics - Divide and rule!

There is a Formula 1 finance thread further on here somewhere where the payments are laid out if you are interested.
There shouldn't be any bonus points for heritage or brand. Prize money, which is what it is, should be awarded on results.

Claire is all for equality but has been happy to bank Williams bonus payments just for being Williams.

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 10 Aug 2020, 09:27 (Ref:3994399)   #6
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
There shouldn't be any bonus points for heritage or brand. Prize money, which is what it is, should be awarded on results.

Claire is all for equality but has been happy to bank Williams bonus payments just for being Williams.

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk
Agree with you Moneyseeker.

F1's biggest problem - "Turkeys voting for Christmas"

They would all be better off without heritage payments (except maybe Ferrari) and signing bonuses, but they get divided here, and just lose all the way from there.
Old Yesterday, 09:29 (Ref:3995354)   #7
Moneyseeker
Subscriber
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Looking at Joe Sawards recent comments on the new agreement it appears that Ferrari will still get it's additional payment for being Ferrari...

Whilst Williams will lose their heritage payment just for being Williams, which means they will be entirely dependent on their results for the level of FOM payments they receive.

Ditto McLaren.
Old Yesterday, 09:37 (Ref:3995358)   #8
Aysedasi
Oh well.....
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Looking at Joe Sawards recent comments on the new agreement it appears that Ferrari will still get it's additional payment for being Ferrari...
There can be only one question....... Why?