Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 9 Jul 2008, 04:35 (Ref:2247663)   #26
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it's done by BiggyG a member here and it was posted by him in the fantasy section.
Old 9 Jul 2008, 06:16 (Ref:2247685)   #27
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Geraldton, W.A. or Beached is bro!
TilkeWannabe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was hoping for a website but I'll have to go searching for a section that I didn't even know existed.
Old 9 Jul 2008, 08:09 (Ref:2247752)   #28
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
i guess you found it now.
Old 9 Jul 2008, 12:09 (Ref:2247906)   #29
6.213km
Veteran

6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Would be incredibly interesting to see what would happen in T888 went to Toyota.

Would we have Lowndes saying he is a Toyota man ?
Would 60minutes run a story on Craigs first car, a car he still has in a barn at his parents house ?? A 1967 Toyota Corona ???
Would we hear comments like - all I want to do is win a championship for Toyota ??

Taking the **** in some regards, but in all honesty - he'd be great for Toyota, not that they have trouble selling cars in this country - He'd have driven for all three marques .. and the fans, holden, ford .. or toyota, they'd still love him.

Besides, I've heard Aurion bumper bars are tough as nails... he'd have no trouble moving Jamie out of the way ... tap tap.

Old 9 Jul 2008, 23:55 (Ref:2248333)   #30
Malfunction Junction
Racer

Malfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMalfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Red is an acceptable colour for Toyota....
Old 10 Jul 2008, 06:53 (Ref:2248420)   #31
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.213km
Would be incredibly interesting to see what would happen in T888 went to Toyota.

Would we have Lowndes saying he is a Toyota man ?
Would 60minutes run a story on Craigs first car, a car he still has in a barn at his parents house ?? A 1967 Toyota Corona ???
Would we hear comments like - all I want to do is win a championship for Toyota ??

Taking the **** in some regards, but in all honesty - he'd be great for Toyota, not that they have trouble selling cars in this country - He'd have driven for all three marques .. and the fans, holden, ford .. or toyota, they'd still love him.

Besides, I've heard Aurion bumper bars are tough as nails... he'd have no trouble moving Jamie out of the way ... tap tap.

but they all say that BS and repeat the BS if and when they change.
Old 27 Nov 2009, 10:36 (Ref:2590041)   #32
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Does Mr Dane ever stop with the whinging?? Here

Companies out in the world lose business income all the time, even if they bend over backwards and do everything humanly possible. Stuff happens. Its called life

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 27 Nov 2009, 11:38 (Ref:2590074)   #33
pete60
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane
pete60 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whinging? If that's whinging, what does Tony Cochrane do?

From my perspective, Dane has called it as he saw it. And plenty would agree 100% with him...
Old 27 Nov 2009, 13:17 (Ref:2590141)   #34
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
888 had invested time and resources in helping Ford homologate the FG and it wasn't until this was complete that Ford advised that the sponsorship would cease. By this stage 888 had started constructing FGs so was too late to contemplate a switch for 2009, which based on the results this year was just as well for Ford's sake.

Throw in Ford's accusations that 888 had breeched an agreement to have predominantly blue cars, yet during the same period it didn't have a problem with the turquoise Caltex, silver SP Tools or black Caterpillar cars of the teams it was continuing to sponsor.

Think Dane is well within his rights to feel badly treated by the blue oval.
Old 27 Nov 2009, 19:09 (Ref:2590343)   #35
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Don't see any whingeing - he was asked to reflect on the highs and lows and he did - all sounds very matter of fact.
Old 27 Nov 2009, 22:05 (Ref:2590428)   #36
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Back in the real world, I have been involved in businesses where there have been long tender processes, as an incumbent supplier who has met the markers placed on you by the supplier in all areas, you think you are going to continue to supply for a long time, that you have an open dialog about life, and changes made are consultative and two way.

So how disappointing is it when another supplier takes that business away from you, after spending a lot of money on prototyping over the years, on developing new concept ideas, on aiding those coming to market and are seen in all 700 retail shopfronts across the country.

Your IP lives in their current and future success.

But there are a few ways this can be handled.

Make sure every time the subject is discussed, you ultimately put excrement on the former customer, you whinge, bleat, moan and wonder "why me?"

Or you just suck it up, use the events as a learning opportunity, stay schtum, and get on with life.

From where I keep reading about this stuff and Mr Dane, he sits in the former category... wanting everyone to know how badly Ford has treated him and his squad.

Sure they made some judgement calls that didnt suit the 888 business, but so did the customer we were supplying. We were totally disappointed, but didnt let our heads drop. Instead, the plan was put into motion to be at the front of the next tender, to compromise perhaps on a few non-core elements to create a point of difference. Certainly that we won that business back shows that there are no sour grapes on each side!

Mr Dane seems to be drinking lots of vinegary wine for some reason
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 27 Nov 2009, 22:33 (Ref:2590446)   #37
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Mr Dane seems to be drinking lots of vinegary wine for some reason

At this point in time, it must be tasting pretty sweet.

Fords decision to dump 888, must go down, not only in motorsport history, but in all sporting records, as one of the dumbest. As one of the most successful teams ever, and with their record at Bathurst it's gonna take some beating.
Old 28 Nov 2009, 01:05 (Ref:2590527)   #38
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche91722 View Post
At this point in time, it must be tasting pretty sweet.

Fords decision to dump 888, must go down, not only in motorsport history, but in all sporting records, as one of the dumbest. As one of the most successful teams ever, and with their record at Bathurst it's gonna take some beating.

when they made the decsions they had two bathurst wins, no championships, hardly what you would call the one of the most successful teams ever

SBR on the other hand had 3 championships and a bathurst win
Old 28 Nov 2009, 05:55 (Ref:2590593)   #39
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
when they made the decsions they had two bathurst wins, no championships, hardly what you would call the one of the most successful teams ever

SBR on the other hand had 3 championships and a bathurst win
Keyword in your post, HAD. They have 'nothing' since.....
Old 28 Nov 2009, 05:56 (Ref:2590594)   #40
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Hmmm, that fine little piece of decision making worked well for them, didn't it. An olive branch from Ford could have been offered before the situation got to the point where 888 finally decided that the red way was the best way. Ford got what they deserve, and I don't carry any red v blue baggage.
Old 28 Nov 2009, 06:03 (Ref:2590595)   #41
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
they made there choice its no big deal, teams come and teams go, so do drivers

edit as GTR pointed out, you can be a loud mouth whiner about it, or you can just move on. sponsors remember
Old 28 Nov 2009, 06:04 (Ref:2590596)   #42
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
they made there choice its no big deal, teams come and teams go, so do drivers
Seems to be a very big deal to some ford fans....
Old 28 Nov 2009, 08:00 (Ref:2590615)   #43
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
Seems to be a very big deal to some ford fans....
To me it's a big deal in the sense that I can't see that it will be worth watching for the forseeable future......unless the lop-sided situation triggers a parity adjustment.
Old 28 Nov 2009, 08:02 (Ref:2590616)   #44
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
To me it's a big deal in the sense that I can't see that it will be worth watching for the forseeable future......unless the lop-sided situation triggers a parity adjustment.
Such as shortening the wheelbase maybe? Maybe shorten it so much we can fun Focuses and Barina's
Old 29 Nov 2009, 05:42 (Ref:2591093)   #45
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Ahh.... but as you've stressed many,many,many times previously....

Apart from a badge & a couple of insignificant parts - they wouldn't actually be 'Focuses & Barinas'
Old 29 Nov 2009, 05:49 (Ref:2591094)   #46
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumNick View Post
Ahh.... but as you've stressed many,many,many times previously....

Apart from a badge & a couple of insignificant parts - they wouldn't actually be 'Focuses & Barinas'
I was saying that for the 'believer's' benefit. They'd always be race cars with road car lights in my eyes