Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 19 Nov 2009, 07:41 (Ref:2584815)   #1
davo.
Racer

Australia
Sydney
davo. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2009 Shannons Nationals - Sandown

Looks like good sized fields entered for the penultimate round at sandown.

http://www.thenationals.com.au/round...R9/Entries.xls

The AMC entry list does not open properly. Does anyone have the full list of entrants for the AMC at Sandown?
Old 19 Nov 2009, 08:06 (Ref:2584825)   #2
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Briffa
Salmon/White
Tulloch
Osborne
Holt/Morris
McLeod
Castle
Ryan/Tomlinson
O'Donnell/Shephard
Jones
Keogh
Camilleri
Keene
Crimp
Brewer
Hill/Bana
Gray/Delfsma
De Britt
Giugni
Best
Kite
McGill/Tonna

Some AMC previews here- http://www.contactingpr.com/news-archive.html
Old 19 Nov 2009, 08:33 (Ref:2584844)   #3
davo.
Racer

Australia
Sydney
Thanks Crash!

I've tried to match drivers to cars, Just wondering what cars the drivers highlighted are entering?

Briffa - HSV VE
Salmon/White - Evo X
Tulloch - Evo X
Osborne - Celica
Holt/Morris - BMW 335
McLeod - HSV VE ?
Castle - STI
Ryan/Tomlinson - BMW 130
O'Donnell/Shephard - BMW 130
Jones - Celica
Keogh - HSV VE
Camilleri - MPS
Keene - Mini
Crimp - Evo X
Brewer - HSV VZ
Hill/Bana - Evo X
Gray/Delfsma - FG F6
De Britt ?
Giugni - Celica
Best - Evo X ?
Kite ?
McGill/Tonna ?
Old 19 Nov 2009, 08:36 (Ref:2584847)   #4
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
McLeod- 2nd Keogh car
Silver Astra- old Briffa car?
Best- Evo??
Kite- Silver Commodore, ex-Briffa??
McGill/Tonna- Black GT, sounds like ex-Delfsma
Old 19 Nov 2009, 08:51 (Ref:2584860)   #5
davo.
Racer

Australia
Sydney
Good to see additional entries at Sandown.

I know time and financial restraints effect the commitement of AMC teams throughout the year, but there would be over 30 on the grid if teams could commit to all rounds.

I noticed no Glenney for Sandown.
Old 19 Nov 2009, 09:02 (Ref:2584863)   #6
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glenney's car has been sold, apparently it was being run at SprintBathurst last weekend by someone else.

Silver Astra was listed as a 3400cc car.... 2L Turbo? Possibly a new car? Maybe the ex McLeod Astra?

Matt McGill and Tonna are in Delfsma's old GT

I read something about Best in eNews I think
Old 19 Nov 2009, 11:19 (Ref:2584948)   #7
Richard Craill
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Richard Craill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Entry list has been updated with current information, is on the nationals website, link as above.
Old 19 Nov 2009, 12:16 (Ref:2584992)   #8
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Crimp aka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Craill View Post
Entry list has been updated with current information, is on the nationals website, link as above.
Is this Crump? Evo or WRX with Herridge? Factory?
Old 19 Nov 2009, 12:32 (Ref:2585001)   #9
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Glyn Crimp, as in the Glyn Crimp who shared the West Evo 10 at the 12 hour this year.
Old 25 Nov 2009, 11:54 (Ref:2588977)   #10
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Shannons Nationals live on the web

http://www.speedcafe.com.au/2009/11/...ve-on-the-web/

Just might have to tune in.
Old 25 Nov 2009, 13:11 (Ref:2589003)   #11
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Technology hey Sizzle
Old 26 Nov 2009, 00:25 (Ref:2589327)   #12
Richard Craill
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Richard Craill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerri View Post
Technology hey Sizzle
We're really excited to be putting this together this weekend. Keep in mind it's very much a 'toe in the water' excersise however if it goes well and the response is good then it could be something that we can look at doing next year full-time to compliment the exisiting TV package.

Our people have gone out to make this good, too.. Lee Holdsworth will be co-calling the Commy Cup and I'll have soon-to-be-former Gold Star Champ James Winslow alongside me for the F3 SuperPrix, doing his best Martin Brundle impersonation.

Aside that there'll be a cast of thousands and hilarity will occur.

I'll be on here after the round seeking feedback so log on and have a look, and then let us know how we can improve it for the future.

RC
Old 27 Nov 2009, 23:24 (Ref:2590476)   #13
puremotorsport
Rookie

puremotorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi guys.

This is live now on www.puremotorsport.tv.

Today is the live timing feed and commentary, tomorrow will be live video of all the races. Tune in and have a look!

Thanks,
Ryan
Old 29 Nov 2009, 06:43 (Ref:2591103)   #14
davo.
Racer

Australia
Sydney
Really enjoyed the live coverage by puremotorsport of Sandown, great exposure and positive step forward for the series.

Congrats to all the round and series winners
Old 29 Nov 2009, 07:48 (Ref:2591110)   #15
KineticEnergy
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
KineticEnergy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Entertaining races both days. One thing of interest (to me anyway) that I noticed is that Jake Camilleri in the Mazda 3 MPS in the Aust. Manufacturers Championship race changes up a gear way whilst part way through Turn 1, before he has cleared the outside kerb. He seems to get on the throttle fairly early in that turn, and then shifts up before fully exiting. Appeared to do this consistently throughout the races on both days. Much faster than the rest of his Class competitors.

Steve Owen was clearly in a different league to the other V8 Touring Cars.

Saw a little of the coverage on puremotorsport.tv Let's have more of that. Well done.
Old 29 Nov 2009, 10:22 (Ref:2591149)   #16
davo.
Racer

Australia
Sydney
[QUOTE=KineticEnergy;2591110]I noticed that Jake Camilleri in the Mazda 3 MPS in the Aust. Manufacturers Championship race changes up a gear way whilst part way through Turn 1, before he has cleared the outside kerb. He seems to get on the throttle fairly early in that turn, and then shifts up before fully exiting. Appeared to do this consistently throughout the races on both days. Much faster than the rest of his Class competitors.QUOTE]

You will find that Jake will up shift quickly to avoid the inside of the front tyres lighting up out of the corners and avoiding torque steer due the amount of torque that the front wheel drive Mazda produces. He really is in a class of his own.
It would have been interesting to see Jake compete against David Searle who raced a few years ago in a BMW 130i in the same class, he also produced some giant killing drives.
Old 29 Nov 2009, 10:23 (Ref:2591151)   #17
davo.
Racer

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by KineticEnergy View Post
Entertaining races both days. One thing of interest (to me anyway) that I noticed is that Jake Camilleri in the Mazda 3 MPS in the Aust. Manufacturers Championship race changes up a gear way whilst part way through Turn 1, before he has cleared the outside kerb. He seems to get on the throttle fairly early in that turn, and then shifts up before fully exiting. Appeared to do this consistently throughout the races on both days. Much faster than the rest of his Class competitors.

Steve Owen was clearly in a different league to the other V8 Touring Cars.

Saw a little of the coverage on puremotorsport.tv Let's have more of that. Well done.
You will find that Jake will up shift quickly to avoid the inside of the front tyres lighting up out of the corners and avoiding torque steer due the amount of torque that the front wheel drive Mazda produces. He really is in a class of his own.
It would have been interesting to see Jake compete against David Searle who raced a few years ago in a BMW 130i in the same class, he also produced some giant killing drives.
Old 29 Nov 2009, 10:25 (Ref:2591153)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by davo. View Post
Mr Searle will be back for the B12... with a 135i Allegedly of course
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 30 Nov 2009, 19:30 (Ref:2591878)   #19
CTZoom
Rookie

CTZoom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I drove the 99 car with Matt Magill on the weekend.

We had a really tough weekend. Yes, it is the ex Chris Delfsma car. Neither of us had ever driven the car or driven the track. I raced at Island Magic the weekend before in my car (Mazda MX5 Turbo, 9th outright and 2nd in class) which is a touch different to the big falcon.

We missed P1 due to leaking rear brakes, I drive P2 and got into the 1:29s which was OK. Matt drove P3 and the front left shock punched through the pillowball bearing and the diff started to leak oil - he did a 1:28,

The boys fixed that stuff then in P4, Matt had an off ripping off oil lines and lunching an engine and also busting the front shock again. So we did an engine change and missed qualifying and race 1 by about 15 minutes. Bummed.

I did the 10 minute practice on sunday morning to make sure everything was ok and it was. Then it was into the car for me to start the race. Never done a handicap before, never started this big lump before. Anyway, we battled our way through with a car that clearly needs work to 9th outright and 3rd in class.

cheers,
Chris
Old 30 Nov 2009, 23:43 (Ref:2592019)   #20
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chris - any truth to the rumour that Mark Williamson is driving the GT at B12 with Matt and Aaron??
Old 1 Dec 2009, 09:20 (Ref:2592167)   #21
CTZoom
Rookie

CTZoom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfacors View Post
Chris - any truth to the rumour that Mark Williamson is driving the GT at B12 with Matt and Aaron??
First time I've heard of it. Aaron and Mark are good mates so it's possible. He's a great steerer so he'd be an asset to any team, no doubt.