Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 18 Oct 2019, 03:11 (Ref:3935303)   #1
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
GRM out of Supercars

So GRM depart the series, and Team 18 step up to two cars...
Old 18 Oct 2019, 03:12 (Ref:3935304)   #2
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
GRM out of Supercars

A sad day, but Garry rightly states that Supercars have been unable to contain costs.
Old 18 Oct 2019, 03:16 (Ref:3935305)   #3
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
GRM will continue with TCR and S5000.
Old 18 Oct 2019, 03:33 (Ref:3935307)   #4
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
rats...ship...sinking
Old 18 Oct 2019, 03:34 (Ref:3935308)   #5
Maggo
Racer

Germany
Maggo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
So GRM depart the series, and Team 18 step up to two cars...
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=388017068808100
Old 18 Oct 2019, 03:36 (Ref:3935309)   #6
Jamolad
Rookie

Jamolad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, very sad to see GRM go
Old 18 Oct 2019, 03:38 (Ref:3935310)   #7
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Presumably, the GRM recs haven't been included in any calculations about the number of cars for this year as they had intended to be running next year until they got unBoosted.

I believe the two Kelly RECs are already sold (one to MSR, one to perhaps Team 18) so maybe one GRM REC to Teamkno Sydney for their second car? So down another car next year perhaps?
Old 18 Oct 2019, 03:38 (Ref:3935312)   #8
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A sad day for Australian motorsport.

Thankfully they've been clever in the way that they've been able to diversify into other categories, and utilise their in-house resources.
Old 18 Oct 2019, 04:00 (Ref:3935314)   #9
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I know it's a moot point, but I wonder where they'd be if they kept Tander?
Old 18 Oct 2019, 04:09 (Ref:3935315)   #10
Sultan
Veteran

Australia
Brisvegas, Australia
Sultan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Problem is Mayhem, if they kept Tander then they wouldn’t have had the Boost $$$$?

It’s a very sad day in Supercars motorsport indeed. But they could become a powerhouse in TCR..

Plus the fact that there are 2 less cars on the grid - it’s a buyers market for franchises.. that’s especially sad...
Old 18 Oct 2019, 04:24 (Ref:3935316)   #11
djr81
Racer

djr81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
I know it's a moot point, but I wonder where they'd be if they kept Tander?
Out of supercars and out of pocket.
Old 18 Oct 2019, 04:34 (Ref:3935318)   #12
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Very sad news. Supercars will be a worse category without the likes of GRM.
Best of luck to Garry and all his employees in the future.

I found it very distasteful that Garry has said he appealed to Supercars for a one of two week extension to the deadline to give him time to obtain sufficient backing to continue.... Supercars declined to offer even a day.

I will miss him humour and pitlane antics in particular.
Old 18 Oct 2019, 04:52 (Ref:3935323)   #13
gravin
Rookie

gravin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very sad.

But at least GRM continues elsewhere.
Old 18 Oct 2019, 05:00 (Ref:3935324)   #14
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Supercars is no longer for the larrikins and battlers. Unless one is a cashed up international, then they're nothing in Supercars.

As others have said, Supercars loss is now S5000 and TCR's gain.
Old 18 Oct 2019, 05:55 (Ref:3935335)   #15
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Very sad news. Supercars will be a worse category without the likes of GRM.
Best of luck to Garry and all his employees in the future.

I found it very distasteful that Garry has said he appealed to Supercars for a one of two week extension to the deadline to give him time to obtain sufficient backing to continue.... Supercars declined to offer even a day.

I will miss him humour and pitlane antics in particular.
I also found it very distasteful that Peter Adderton (I think thats his name, the Boost Guy) put them in this position with only a week or 2 to find some alternative, because of his perceived lack of equality, when the lack of results was brought about by his own decisions.
Old 18 Oct 2019, 06:09 (Ref:3935336)   #16
djr81
Racer

djr81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev Campbell View Post
I also found it very distasteful that Peter Adderton (I think thats his name, the Boost Guy) put them in this position with only a week or 2 to find some alternative, because of his perceived lack of equality, when the lack of results was brought about by his own decisions.
That is a bit harsh, in the sense that GRM would have, in their contract, performance clauses that they would have known they weren't reaching.

Sad to see GRM leaving. When teams of that quality cannot survive there is something wrong with the structures.
Old 18 Oct 2019, 06:17 (Ref:3935338)   #17
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Story Here
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 18 Oct 2019, 06:20 (Ref:3935339)   #18
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The problem with GRM is the age of the founder.
Old 18 Oct 2019, 06:27 (Ref:3935340)   #19
teamnewmie
Rookie

teamnewmie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm confused by this statement when Sean Seamer in this article says
"Seamer has confirmed today’s deadline is not the ultimate cut-off for 2020 entries."
So if today isn't the last day why couldn't an extension be given?
Old 18 Oct 2019, 06:33 (Ref:3935341)   #20
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The "story" is just Adcafe quoting the video.
Old 18 Oct 2019, 06:37 (Ref:3935342)   #21
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
The problem with GRM is the age of the founder.
That and there isnt an available business model that is sustainable for them in the category.

With the prospect of reduced funding coming in via the next tv contract, there could be more of the same for teams
Old 18 Oct 2019, 06:39 (Ref:3935343)   #22
teamnewmie
Rookie

teamnewmie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i didn't get it

I Don't get this statement
Quote:
When Seam Seamer makes the following statement this article

Quote:
Seamer has confirmed today’s deadline is not the ultimate cut-off for 2020 entries.
If Today isn't the ultimate cut off why couldn't an extension be given???
Old 18 Oct 2019, 07:14 (Ref:3935347)   #23
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sad day for supercars fans.

Now if old Gazza, has been a one legged transgender dwarf, and a little more politically correct would he got two weeks grace?
Old 18 Oct 2019, 07:43 (Ref:3935356)   #24
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
It’s a very sad day and a reflection on how the category’s resistance to much needed change will cost the series in the long term.

Glad to see they’re continuing on in other categories and that there is avenues out there for the team to keep on racing and make some money out of it to keep the doors open.
Old 18 Oct 2019, 07:51 (Ref:3935359)   #25
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Unfortunately the verve and vitality Garry once had is gone. Can't help parking the blame at P. Adderton's feet; I think Garth and Golding may have been able to do enough to keep the fickle sponsor happy. Honestly though do we need that ******** in the sport? Demanding a rule change like that so late in the year and so close to REC deadline?
So much like Craig Gore it's not funny.