Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 1 Nov 2019, 03:20 (Ref:3937905)   #26
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely the easiest solution to the safety car problems arrising out of Bathurst is to allow teams to pit both cars at once?
Old 1 Nov 2019, 04:31 (Ref:3937909)   #27
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Surely the easiest solution to the safety car problems arrising out of Bathurst is to allow teams to pit both cars at once?
Doesn't solve the problem of people breaking sector records under yellow flags to get back to the pits.

I'm not sure that any driver is going to follow the Debriss Directive if anybody else tries it on...
Old 1 Nov 2019, 23:59 (Ref:3938051)   #28
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My view is to close the pit exit until the end of the safety car train passes each lap. So you can pit under safety car but you will go a lap down (or 1/2 lap if you use 2 safety cars). No benefit to pit under a safety car.

Also impose a set speed limit once the safety car enters the track (eg: max 3rd gear) with anyone breaking this suffering a drive through.
Old 2 Nov 2019, 01:16 (Ref:3938055)   #29
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz170 View Post
My view is to close the pit exit until the end of the safety car train passes each lap. So you can pit under safety car but you will go a lap down (or 1/2 lap if you use 2 safety cars). No benefit to pit under a safety car.
Similar to the system that sealed the fate of the two PJ Nissan's at the '87 JH1000 and handed Brock unassailable lead over them to ultimately some months later be awarded victory.

No thanks.
Old 2 Nov 2019, 11:00 (Ref:3938087)   #30
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

Also impose a set speed limit once the safety car enters the track (eg: max 3rd gear) with anyone breaking this suffering a drive through.
By train I guess we mean all cars on track in a tight formation line (regs say circa 5m between cars IIRC).
Surely your first paragraph won't work until the train has fully formed, and your second paragraph will probably prevent a train ever forming! Am I missing something?
Old 2 Nov 2019, 13:37 (Ref:3938123)   #31
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My idea is say the safety car is doing 60km/h, you can only go a maximum of 100 km/h until you catch up with the train.
Old 3 Nov 2019, 06:29 (Ref:3938270)   #32
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
My idea is say the safety car is doing 60km/h, you can only go a maximum of 100 km/h until you catch up with the train.
Forget the train.Code 60 and virtual safety car are the solutions.If a full course SC is needed -hopefully very rarely- then your idea could be used but there needs to be a set speed not a maximum one.