Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 15 Mar 2009, 00:18 (Ref:2415769)   #1
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The WRC is dead - long live the IRC?

Don't know if anyone's following the coverage but Proton has now officially announced it is fielding a IRC team and Skoda are also doing some events.

Together with Abarth, Citroen, Honda, Mitsubishi, Peugeot and Volkswagen that makes EIGHT manufacturers in this championship. And they've now got most of the REAL rallies Monaco, San Remo, the Safari, Portugal - and an 'RAC' that's not in south Wales! (oh, and the Targa Florio as a support event!)

What do people think - is this the rebirth of world rallying? With our own Mr Meeke doing the business last week I'm now taking much more interest in this than the rubbish served up by the WRC.
Old 15 Mar 2009, 08:52 (Ref:2415854)   #2
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, I feel too that WRC has dropped the ball and is no longer the preeminent rallying series. And, nor do I feel that a change in cars will bring them back to being the best. They have to get back to the heart of rallying to do that, something which IRC has been trying to do. Saying that, the IRC cars could have better lower down torque and more lower down power - but the IRC is the better series right now
Old 15 Mar 2009, 11:42 (Ref:2415919)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
More races in winter, would help. However the IRC certainly looks the more atttractive series at the moment.
Old 15 Mar 2009, 13:04 (Ref:2415959)   #4
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Cheaper aswell and I think that bis the biggest carrot of all

Loebs dominance and the price of cars has ruined WRC recently, not his fault, but nobody likes seeing same guy win easily, boring.