Old 17 Feb 2010, 18:35 (Ref:2635082)   #426
Mr Don
Rookie

Ireland
Loughborough uk
Mr Don should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

These are my thoughts exactly
Heres hoping so
And that we can have some racing this season.
Old 18 Feb 2010, 11:06 (Ref:2635486)   #427
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Aston Martin GT4 Challenge lists Donington as venue on October 9th
Old 18 Feb 2010, 11:08 (Ref:2635489)   #428
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry, finger trouble, double post
Old 19 Feb 2010, 16:36 (Ref:2636403)   #429
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The event gets a mention in the Club section of Autosport this week, so anyone who reads it like I do - back section first - will have seen the article. Good to see it getting to a wider audience although I'd have liked it to be up front in the News pages really.
Old 25 Feb 2010, 12:09 (Ref:2640293)   #430
andy robinson
Racer

United Kingdom
cramlington, northumberland
andy robinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BTCC still listed for 19 sept
Old 25 Feb 2010, 12:54 (Ref:2640313)   #431
Chris Wilson
Racer

United Kingdom
Shropshire
Chris Wilson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This week's Autosport suggests an announcement
about the new lease holders will be made at the rally
Old 27 Feb 2010, 10:15 (Ref:2641365)   #432
andy robinson
Racer

United Kingdom
cramlington, northumberland
andy robinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
11-13 june download festival @ donington is you want to rock
http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/home/
ACDC & aerosmith
I suppose they'll not have to tied up afterwards
Old 27 Feb 2010, 14:11 (Ref:2641514)   #433
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Any Twitter users reading this who plan to go to the event - please talk about it using the hashtag:

#SaveDonington

Try to get some extra Internet momentum behind the event!
Old 3 Mar 2010, 00:18 (Ref:2643708)   #434
kimbo
Rookie

England
West Sussex
kimbo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Being reported in Classic & Sportscar that parts of the Grand Prix collection have / are being sold off. Not sure what if any relevance this has to the circuit, but even so, not good.

Kim.
Old 7 Mar 2010, 21:08 (Ref:2646969)   #435
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An event was run this weekend with regards to saving Donington.

Further information is on the Marshalls forum

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 8 Mar 2010, 14:02 (Ref:2647440)   #436
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Are they still going to change the layout of the track?

Anyone know what the "plans" are, if there are any?
Old 8 Mar 2010, 14:34 (Ref:2647460)   #437
RCMADD
Racer

England
derby
RCMADD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
no-one will know anything.. until new owners have been announced.
Old 8 Mar 2010, 19:04 (Ref:2647635)   #438
kimbo
Rookie

England
West Sussex
kimbo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Originally posted by Piglet on the thread in the Marshals forum (now closed)

OK, head above the parapet...I love the fact that people are putting their hands into their pockets to give money to a circuit owned by a limited company that has (presumably?) historically made a profit out of Donington. IIRC it worked out that the annual rent for the circuit was around £3m quid. That's a lot of money by most people's standards (except BCE of course...).

I'm concered that they are still whittling down suitors, I would have expected them to be very close to having finalised a lease by this time and, given that they expected to make an announcement it seems to me that they had a tenant on the hook but have lost them. If a deal isn't done by now in principle, I suspect we may be disappointed this year.

The rumour mill says it has always been difficult for tenant's at Donington to make money because the rent was so high. I don't know whether that is correct but that's what is said...

We all know that theres only one organisation qualified to make a REALISTIC bid for the circuit. MSV are working from a position of knowledge of the costs etc. involved. Everyone else is effectively doing sums on a clean sheet of paper, with no experience of REAL operating conditions. (I'm assuming at this stage that BARC and BRDC are not involved any more, assuming they ever were!).
The long term future of the circuit and the family's natural wish to maximise their income from the site are not necessarily going to be best served by the same bid. Frankly, the delays and postponements of announcements is worrying and remonds me of another situation not so long ago.
I thought I couldn't be the only one having these kind of thoughts!!

Kim
Old 9 Mar 2010, 18:25 (Ref:2648388)   #439
RCMADD
Racer

England
derby
theres a bunch of people offering to help with the rebuild of donington, when the new lease holders have been announced...

anyone else up for this?

it wil be more so for the more menial tasks.. like checking marshals posts and equipment, and maybe a bit of painting.
Old 9 Mar 2010, 21:38 (Ref:2648526)   #440
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We could go further and all chip in to get the lease

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 9 Mar 2010, 21:54 (Ref:2648537)   #441
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMADD View Post
theres a bunch of people offering to help with the rebuild of donington, when the new lease holders have been announced...

anyone else up for this?

it wil be more so for the more menial tasks.. like checking marshals posts and equipment, and maybe a bit of painting.
Sounds like an idea for a great weekend!
Old 10 Mar 2010, 17:15 (Ref:2649019)   #442
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

anyone else up for this?

it will be more so for the more menial tasks.. like checking marshals posts and equipment, and maybe a bit of painting.
Actually I think it would be a disaster if any organisation which took this on needed volunteers to do what their business plan must have as a basic element. Leave volunteering to supporting race day activities and hope for a real commercial organisation (or a club with good commercial sense) to do a good job of running successfully and making lots of money.

Regards

Jim
Old 10 Mar 2010, 19:27 (Ref:2649112)   #443
Dave 455
Racer

Dave 455 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Video of the current state of Donington, even the infamous tunnell has subsided again

http://www.auto-fanatics.com/viewtop...&t=67&p=67#p67
Old 10 Mar 2010, 19:42 (Ref:2649125)   #444
RCMADD
Racer

England
derby
bit of a negative coment there jim..... at least there is no harm in offering ourselves the worst they could say is no..
Old 10 Mar 2010, 20:41 (Ref:2649151)   #445
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 455 View Post
Video of the current state of Donington, even the infamous tunnell has subsided again

http://www.auto-fanatics.com/viewtop...&t=67&p=67#p67
Sad to see really, its gonna take a bit to bring the old place up to scratch but I remain optimistic that it will return and how! Really want to be on the list to marshal the first event when it does return!
Old 10 Mar 2010, 22:30 (Ref:2649220)   #446
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
bit of a negative coment there jim..... at least there is no harm in offering ourselves the worst they could say is no..
There is a big difference between realism and being negative and I think you'll find Jim firmly on the realistic side of the fence....
Old 10 Mar 2010, 22:37 (Ref:2649230)   #447
Chris Wilson
Racer

United Kingdom
Shropshire
Chris Wilson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be honest the circuit tarmac itself looks nothing like as bad as I had imagined, hell, some of the rods round here, after the bad weather, are nearly as bad as that. In the main it looks intact and in usable order. The infields and some run offs look pretty messed about, but I can't see landscaping and seeding costing a vast amount assuming a make good approach is taken? God knows what has happened to communications and services, could be little, could be a start again... The tunnel area looks as if it needs a good re-think, it doesn't appear to be the soundest of jobs

I hope speculation will end soon, for everyone's sake. Speculation and conspiracy theories always seem to go hand in hand I wonder if investors are awaiting the Budget?
Old 10 Mar 2010, 23:17 (Ref:2649250)   #448
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 455 View Post
Video of the current state of Donington, even the infamous tunnel has subsided again

http://www.auto-fanatics.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=67&p=67#p67
One can only hope that the civil engineers who designed/built that tunnel have really caught a cold in the descent into liquidation. Sadly, from what I have seen of the highlights of the list of creditors, there has not been an engineering firm caught out.

Crass incompetence.

Jim
Old 10 Mar 2010, 23:23 (Ref:2649253)   #449
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Well Gillet was good at digging a hole for himself by all accounts so maybe he did it!

Last edited by Al Weyman; 10 Mar 2010 at 23:30.
Old 11 Mar 2010, 22:28 (Ref:2649930)   #450
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I read in one motorsport publication that according to Kevin it will cost £600'000 to repair the track and another one said 1.5 million. I presume that the reporters were at the same place so who is right ? or should we plug for somewhere in the middle ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !