Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 2 Feb 2008, 17:35 (Ref:2119178)   #1
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
35th Rolex Monterey Historic Automobile Races - Laguna Seca

I will be heading past Laguna Seca to catch a flight from LAX on 19th August. I thought I'd have a look at the schedule for Laguna and realised that the "35th Rolex Monterey Historic Automobile Races" is being held on 16th/17th August - right about when I'll be passing! Anyone have any idea what it's about? What I'll see there? Is it worth attending?

Thanks!
Old 2 Feb 2008, 17:43 (Ref:2119183)   #2
photohsr
Racer

Canada
Burlington, Ontario
photohsr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
I will be heading past Laguna Seca to catch a flight from LAX on 19th August. I thought I'd have a look at the schedule for Laguna and realised that the "35th Rolex Monterey Historic Automobile Races" is being held on 16th/17th August - right about when I'll be passing! Anyone have any idea what it's about? What I'll see there? Is it worth attending?

Thanks!
Probaly the top Vintage event in North America, a must see at least once. To give you an idea of the entry here is last year's entry list http://www.montereyhistoric.com/participants/list.html
Bob H.
Old 2 Feb 2008, 18:42 (Ref:2119212)   #3
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Excellent stuff - what a lucky break then!

Thanks, Bob. I'll book my tickets shortly
Old 2 Feb 2008, 20:15 (Ref:2119269)   #4
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Give my regards to my mate Don Crawford driving his Lotus Mk9,they drive the bloody things flat out as well,great entertainment.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 3 Feb 2008, 01:42 (Ref:2119438)   #5
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
History, again

Click HERE to see my pix from 2003.

It is a great track but be prpared for a BIG crowd not only at the track but within 30 miles in any direction. There are several car auctions and the Pebble Beach concours crowd to deal with.

Book your hotel/motel now. PM with questions.

. .
Old 5 Feb 2008, 06:24 (Ref:2121327)   #6
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
You should have watched "GT Racer" on Dave on Sunday, as they showed the 2007 event then!!!!! I don't know if it get repeated at all, but worth looking out for.
Old 6 Feb 2008, 18:32 (Ref:2122654)   #7
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Sounds good, thebear. Thanks for the heads up on the accomodation situation. I have just booked a couple of nights at the Limekiln State Park just down the coast. It's not exactly walking distance but I honestly don't think I'll mind driving between the two places... it has surely to be one of the most beautiful areas of coastline in the world.

And I'll look out for that show too, thanks!