Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Jun 2001, 20:08 (Ref:105612)   #26
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bouncey hinted at the real reason why Honda will take over one of the two teams; TOYOTA.

Toyota is their primary competitor and if Toyota's team garners lots of positive Press, Honda won't want to be left behind. There is also the issue of unfinished business that Bouncey described as well. Honda have already propelled both Williams and McLaren Chassis to titles. The only new challenge is to do it themselves.

They are already helping BAR with their chassis and with the very probable desire on the part of BAT to divest themselves of the losing proposition that is BAR, Honda will get a bargain basement deal.

EJ is not ready relinquish control of the team0this was the reason given for Honda's aliance with BAR last season. I suspect that Eddie would rather the team faded down the grid as his team than to become something else.

Let us not forget that cars are redesigned annually and subject to enormous amounts of testing, just because the Jordan ids pretty handy this year is no guaranty that it will be next year.

ON the subject of BAT's ownership, it was my understanding that once the Tobacco ban is in place, they could continue to call the Team British American Racing, alluding to their corporate affiliation without violating the letter of the law. However, their enthusiasm for Pollack and Co seems to be cooling and I suspect Honda will will relieve them of their corporate embassment.
Old 15 Jun 2001, 20:58 (Ref:105641)   #27
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally posted by ireshad

If that is true, then why did Honda abandon their own team originally, basically citing financial reasons (as well as other more tragic ones). What has changed in the meantime that Honda is now willing to throw even more money at F1, then if they had just stayed in to begin with.
In those days, there was not unlimited budgets for F1. I think they were still in the "NO ADVERTISING" days. Things have changed and there is a helluva lot more money now, and F1 means a lot more to car factories now than they did then.
I have to say again, get the mag - it is worth every cent.
Old 16 Jun 2001, 01:04 (Ref:105697)   #28
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by EERO
... Honda will get a bargain basement deal.

Quote:
Originally posted by EERO
EJ is not ready relinquish control of the team0this was the reason given for Honda's aliance with BAR last season. I suspect that Eddie would rather the team faded down the grid as his team than to become something else.
So.. EERO,

I really would like to see your opinion... BAR or Jordan ?

Last edited by Bononi; 16 Jun 2001 at 01:08.