Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 26 Jun 2006, 18:42 (Ref:1641895)   #26
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd expect the PS2 version to be a cut down 'kids' game, just like recent PSONE games were cut down versions of PS2 titles.

Serious development is on PS3 now.
Old 30 Jun 2006, 09:03 (Ref:1644707)   #27
V8_TURBO
Veteran

MagnetON
Glasgow
V8_TURBO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so your saying that a six year old should be able to play as well? What fun would that be?
Old 30 Jun 2006, 12:29 (Ref:1644869)   #28
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not necessarily. Just that it will be light on content.

The late PS1 games that were released when PS2 came out seemed very rushed, bar one or two exceptions.
Old 30 Jun 2006, 21:56 (Ref:1645308)   #29
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You say Sony are focusing on the PS3 game. Thats understandable I suppose...except that I would have thought a lot of people that were going to get a PS3 have now changed their minds because there doesn't seem to be a lot going for the console. I mean, I am now considering getting an Xbox 360, and I never thought that imaginable!

I'm going to wait a while before ordering F1 06. That way I can find out from other people whether it is worth paying £25 for.
Old 30 Jun 2006, 21:58 (Ref:1645309)   #30
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Why isn't there a lot going for PS3?

Forgive me, I am quite out of sync with the gaming world lately.
Old 1 Jul 2006, 12:02 (Ref:1645602)   #31
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's overpriced.

No innovation at all - lots of stolen ideas such as the Wii-style controller. (and they accuse Microsoft of stealing ideas from them )

The games are the just sequels with better graphics. Again, no innovation.

Sometime next year, the "PS3.5" will be released. It will have a new processor. The chances are games released in 2007 won't work on a 2006 PS3.

There are other reasons, sites like Kotaku will be more informative. IMHO, the PS3 has nothing going for it all all. Except MGS4, but I'm not paying £425 for one game.
Old 1 Jul 2006, 13:57 (Ref:1645638)   #32
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Why isn't there a lot going for PS3?

Forgive me, I am quite out of sync with the gaming world lately.
Because in my opinion, it is an absolute rip-off and there is nothing about the console that makes me want to buy it. If it's a next-gen console there has to be something about it that is out of the ordinary. I can't see anything that is.
Old 1 Jul 2006, 14:32 (Ref:1645653)   #33
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Exactly, i agree entirely. Yeah so the PS3 has the F1 games? So what? It's sony's last exclusive game before the licence runs out is it not?
I'm considering more and more now to get a 360 next year, the online section is so much better than sony's "efforts", there are alot of good games on it already, and i'd rather have a 360 or a wii, than a PS3.

(i used to love playstation... not anymore)
Old 1 Jul 2006, 18:26 (Ref:1645759)   #34
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
All of the consoles have their good and bad points, its just that the PS3 seems to have more bad than good.
Old 1 Jul 2006, 18:28 (Ref:1645760)   #35
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Think I'll stick to the 360.
Old 2 Jul 2006, 13:14 (Ref:1646194)   #36
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure it was scheduled for June 30th?
But it's not out and play.com is saying its now July 30th...
Old 2 Jul 2006, 13:27 (Ref:1646202)   #37
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Yes, I couldn't see it in the shops and Amazon had it as June 30th.

A dreadful loss....
Old 2 Jul 2006, 13:40 (Ref:1646206)   #38
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Yep, July 28th now.

Just to ensure it's that bit closer to being out of date.
Old 2 Jul 2006, 17:44 (Ref:1646457)   #39
safc_fan89
Veteran

I can't say that revelation will concern me...

I have always been a Playstation fan (I have only ever had Playstation consoles), but the PS3...Xbox 360 is looking more attractive by the day...
Old 2 Jul 2006, 18:10 (Ref:1646525)   #40
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The've added more screens to the first link that was posted ( First Post ) I dont like that Blur...
Old 2 Jul 2006, 19:03 (Ref:1646619)   #41
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

The in car views are horrific. What have they done?!?
Old 2 Jul 2006, 19:08 (Ref:1646624)   #42
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
No idea but... oh good god, it looks terrible, outdated and frankly, i just hope they have lost some graphics power in favour of better physics.... but tbh i can't see that happening.

Oh well, let's hope someone else gets the F1 licence next!
Old 2 Jul 2006, 19:39 (Ref:1646685)   #43
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think I will get my own computer, abandon my consoles and play some PROPER sims! I think I have GP3 around somewhere...hmm

I do have a comuter but I need my own! My own computer does'nt work, every time you turn it on it turns itself back off! Saying that it is about 7 Years old! Its a 300 celeron! I much prefer the computer I am using now, has a graphics card, Intel Pentium 4, but I cant install too many games on the computer, memory very low...
Old 4 Jul 2006, 13:39 (Ref:1648029)   #44
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Much like my old one, i tried LFS on it, just to see how it would do, and on hot laps i would get 4 -6 fps XD

Last edited by Rockmunky; 4 Jul 2006 at 13:47.
Old 9 Jul 2006, 09:42 (Ref:1651212)   #45
Matthopps
Racer

United Kingdom
Rotherham, South Yorkshire
Matthopps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b
the biggest problem that F1 games have compared with other racing games, are that you need to be able to show the full grid sometimes, even with five or six LOD's that really screws poly counts. Plus all the extra track furniture for hordings, grandstands etc.

it looks OK though, nothing really new
EA Games has managed to show a full grid of 43 NASCAR though with graphics that are still good enough...
Old 9 Jul 2006, 11:18 (Ref:1651255)   #46
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthopps
EA Games has managed to show a full grid of 43 NASCAR though with graphics that are still good enough...
Agree with you there matt, EA have always been able to pull the pollys no problem. Sure look at BF2 ! Unreal amount of pollys went into it, bf2 MC on the xbox 360 is eye candy and it plays superbly.

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 9 Jul 2006, 12:26 (Ref:1651276)   #47
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The EA F1 games for the PS2, looked superb - but they handled so poorly. On the PS2 that was.
Old 9 Jul 2006, 15:20 (Ref:1651339)   #48
safc_fan89
Veteran

I've just been thinking about F1 05's weaknesses. They are the lack of realistic damage and the difficulty level. Even on hard the races are so unbelieveably easy. Anyone know how the AI difficulty level is on this game?
Old 9 Jul 2006, 22:02 (Ref:1651775)   #49
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm pretty sure the damage model has been rectified, I couldn't believe how poor the F1 05 was. It was awful.

As for AI - apparently it's going to be more realistic, but they say the same every year.
Old 11 Jul 2006, 17:45 (Ref:1653701)   #50
safc_fan89
Veteran

The damage on F1 2003, if you can cast your minds back to it, was ok. Nothing special, but at least if you crashed, parts of the car actually fell off! F1 05 is a bit poor because you can crash at 200mph and remain unscathed. I know that the PS3 version has more realistic damage (or at least one of the videos of it showed good damage) but I have my doubts whether the PS2 version will.

Regarding the AI...it's not so much the realism that bothers me. Well it does, but I'm more bothered that the hardest mode is still ridiculously easy. If you want to have a fun race, you have to have a crap setup, which is not how it should be. On the PS2 you are never going to get ultra-realistic AI, but surely the difficulty level can be tampered with. And I know it's the same with a lot of other people because i'm by no means excellent at the game!