Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 8 Aug 2009, 21:44 (Ref:2518126)   #251
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Risi possibly seeing there Championship challenge fading with the addition of the C6.R GT2?
Old 8 Aug 2009, 21:45 (Ref:2518127)   #252
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Did Long pit during the yellow flag? Live timing says no.

They're apparently questionable on fuel.
Old 8 Aug 2009, 21:47 (Ref:2518128)   #253
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
Risi possibly seeing there Championship challenge fading with the addition of the C6.R GT2?
They need another car to help with points!

L.P.
Old 8 Aug 2009, 21:48 (Ref:2518129)   #254
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
yay! Corvette 2nd in GT2!
Old 8 Aug 2009, 21:49 (Ref:2518133)   #255
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
Did Long pit during the yellow flag? Live timing says no.

They're apparently questionable on fuel.
Nope they did not pit and somehow made it without dropping off the pace.
Old 8 Aug 2009, 21:51 (Ref:2518134)   #256
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Congrats to Corvette Racing for an excellent 2nd, though it would have been nice to see what happened if the battle had not been split between 45 and 3 and the rest of the pack. Great parity in outright pace all through the factory cars. Pity the 90 had the puncture early as it was actually the fastest outright in class.
Old 8 Aug 2009, 21:52 (Ref:2518136)   #257
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
All in all this was a very entertaining race. Too bad Brabs couldn't give de Ferran more of a challenge, but Graf has made P2 much more interesting and the addition of the Corvettes and improvement in the BMWs has vastly improved GT2 so we get more than Porsche-Ferrari every week. The Lizards once again prove they are the best GT2 team in the world.

DK
Old 8 Aug 2009, 21:54 (Ref:2518138)   #258
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
Quote:
Long said the yellow light came on during the last lap
Old 8 Aug 2009, 21:55 (Ref:2518140)   #259
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
de Ferran really emotional in the post race!

L.P.
Old 8 Aug 2009, 21:56 (Ref:2518141)   #260
chewymonster
Veteran

chewymonster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Quite the decision to finish the race on one stop. They ran an amazing amount of laps and did it all with a shorter caution.
Old 8 Aug 2009, 22:00 (Ref:2518146)   #261
pdxracefan
Racer

United States
Oregon
pdxracefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congrats to both Team Cytosport and to Corvette Racing for great finishes. Welcome back to both teams.
Old 8 Aug 2009, 22:19 (Ref:2518161)   #262
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
I know this is off topic but im listening to the midweek motorsport replay on radio le mans after the race and its damn funny, the argument about Michael Schumacher is excellent
Old 8 Aug 2009, 22:36 (Ref:2518167)   #263
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Pickett was not quite on the pace of the frontrunners but most of the time he lost was an indirect result of nerfing a BMW. With a clean race and no awkward caution around 45 minutes where they could risk losing a lap, the Cytospyder looks to be an actual contender. The Porsche engineering support seems to be showing; I got the impression they had basically an incident-free weekend.
Old 9 Aug 2009, 00:15 (Ref:2518193)   #264
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
Pickett was not quite on the pace of the frontrunners but most of the time he lost was an indirect result of nerfing a BMW. With a clean race and no awkward caution around 45 minutes where they could risk losing a lap, the Cytospyder looks to be an actual contender. The Porsche engineering support seems to be showing; I got the impression they had basically an incident-free weekend.
They did a fantastic job, I am interested to see the video of the incident they were penalized for since it may have cost them the top step on the podium. Pickett might not be the fastest LMP driver, but he is no slouch for a team owner driving their car.
Old 9 Aug 2009, 01:40 (Ref:2518198)   #265
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sounds like he's doin a better job than a certain lizard.

Yeah, just having a little fun but I couldn't resist.
Old 9 Aug 2009, 04:15 (Ref:2518216)   #266
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Careful with that. I learned the hard way.
Old 9 Aug 2009, 10:07 (Ref:2518306)   #267
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
To be honest, I really don't care about him, at least until he can improve.
You should care about him. AFAIK, he's the majority of the money behind the Lizards, so no Seth, no Lizards.
Old 9 Aug 2009, 13:04 (Ref:2518354)   #268
Mike Sweeney
Rookie

Mike Sweeney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
All in all this was a very entertaining race. Too bad Brabs couldn't give de Ferran more of a challenge, but Graf has made P2 much more interesting and the addition of the Corvettes and improvement in the BMWs has vastly improved GT2 so we get more than Porsche-Ferrari every week. The Lizards once again prove they are the best GT2 team in the world.

DK
That's a massive claim on their behalf...how exactly did they prove that? Granted they're a great team with a very strong driver pairing working in harmony..but note they're yet to win LM incidentally.

Not to cast a shadow over their superb run of success..however stating them to be "the best in the world" is largely irrelevant - they haven't competed (and won) against all other GT2 teams in the world. I'd welcome them in FIA GT2 as the benchmark from ALMS..it would make for a great showdown.

IMHO and only from the little I've seen, the difference between them and the other teams: Bergmeister. In a Porsche he's just somewhere else on the talent scale...awesome.
Old 9 Aug 2009, 23:12 (Ref:2518525)   #269
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just finished watching the race, and it seemed kinda boring. I don't know if that was because I knew the outcome already, or because Hindy wasn't doing the commentary. Listening to it live I thought it was a good race, and was very interested in seeing some of the more controversial moments, but they didn't seem too intense on screen for some reason.

I couldn't tell if DeFerren let Fernandez out of the pits before him or not,as was implied by Rob Dyson. To me it looked like he just was faster out of the pitlane due to a shorter stop.

The real head scratcher was when the 44 car hit the 9 car. On video it seemed to be a bit of a strange turn in angle by Seth, but maybe he was just trying to get back on the racing line and didn't see Scott after the Corvettes went by.

The #20 cars incident at the end of the race was a bit chaotic. The onboard shots they had from some of the GT2 cars didn't show to clearly what happened, but he appeared to get hit, couldn't tell from which car but I think it was a Challenge car. Speaking of that, this was the first race that I thought the Challenge cars got in the way. How many more races do they have with these guys anyways......
Old 10 Aug 2009, 20:14 (Ref:2519096)   #270
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
kerrmanningjarv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happened with the national anthem? The Mid-Ohio circuit's official website apologised for the "national anthem talent" provided by the ALMS?
Old 10 Aug 2009, 21:04 (Ref:2519145)   #271
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrmanningjarv View Post
What happened with the national anthem? The Mid-Ohio circuit's official website apologised for the "national anthem talent" provided by the ALMS?
Supposedly some guy with a guitar butchered it.

OT - what is the white & red flag (opposite of a dive flag) on Mid-Ohio's logo?
Old 12 Aug 2009, 05:27 (Ref:2519974)   #272
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I am interested to see the video of the incident they were penalized for since it may have cost them the top step on the podium.
I only caught one replay of it, thus from one angle, but it was not unreasonable in the context of the modern penalty mentality. If I were in race control, I wouldn't have penalised (but then I would only do so for blatant, premeditated acts [or raging incompetence]). As far as I could see, the BMW was a punted innocent party - however, as I could see, it was just one of those things without malice.

I wouldn't call it worthy of a penalty, but it was not unreasonable that it was penalised in the context of modern mentality.
Old 13 Aug 2009, 08:58 (Ref:2520680)   #273
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will say this about Neiman....he has the best looking helmet IMO...according to SpotterGuides.
Old 20 Aug 2009, 14:02 (Ref:2525048)   #274
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Just finished watching the race, and it seemed kinda boring. I don't know if that was because I knew the outcome already, or because Hindy wasn't doing the commentary. Listening to it live I thought it was a good race, and was very interested in seeing some of the more controversial moments, but they didn't seem too intense on screen for some reason.

I couldn't tell if DeFerren let Fernandez out of the pits before him or not,as was implied by Rob Dyson. To me it looked like he just was faster out of the pitlane due to a shorter stop.

The real head scratcher was when the 44 car hit the 9 car. On video it seemed to be a bit of a strange turn in angle by Seth, but maybe he was just trying to get back on the racing line and didn't see Scott after the Corvettes went by.

The #20 cars incident at the end of the race was a bit chaotic. The onboard shots they had from some of the GT2 cars didn't show to clearly what happened, but he appeared to get hit, couldn't tell from which car but I think it was a Challenge car. Speaking of that, this was the first race that I thought the Challenge cars got in the way. How many more races do they have with these guys anyways......
I only had the chance to see the race highlights yesterday and I've got the same feelings as you have. It was ok but somehow it didn't seem as exciting as it did when I listened to it on RLM. I don't think Hindy was putting on the excitement either. Marino's chase in particular was quite exciting on the radio but it didn't come across as such with the pictures. I didn't see much of the Corsa Zytek in the footage I saw. Maybe it is all psychological. Who knows.

The attempts by one of the NBC commentators to try and describe the Zytek's hybrid system was quite funny though (some might say tragic). He had no idea what he was on about and he admitted as much.
Old 20 Aug 2009, 14:05 (Ref:2525050)   #275
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Supposedly some guy with a guitar butchered it.
One can't help thinking, it is perhaps a bit of an over reaction. I heard snippets of it during the RLM broadcast and I thought it was excellent in a Hendrix kinda way. Each to his own I suppose. People don't like established traditions being 'messed' with.