Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Sep 2003, 19:40 (Ref:733045)   #1
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's down to the wire!

Okay, so Schumacher leads Raikkonen by 9 points, but we will still have a last race decider for the first time since 1999!

It's a long shot for Kimi, but it isn't impossible.

Shame about Montoya, it seems that he hasn't got rid of the Johnny Herbert bad luck gremlin even now.
Old 28 Sep 2003, 19:45 (Ref:733048)   #2
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only way for Raikkonen to win the title is if he wins and TGF retires.
Old 28 Sep 2003, 19:45 (Ref:733049)   #3
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great race!!!! Thoroughly enjoyed it! Well deserved win by Michael Schumacher. Some bad luck and mistakes by Montoya cost him the race and the championship today - he's still young though, so hopefully he'll learn from his mistakes and do a better job next year. I wouldn't compare him to Johnny Herbert though, it wasn't the car that failed him today, but team strategy, Juan himself and a fuel rig added about 10 seconds (though insignificant in the end).

Excellent race by Frentzen and Heidfeld and the Sauber team! They really got it right when everyone else got it wrong! Great to see Frentzen on the podium.

Shame for Jensen Button and the whole BAR team...Honda failed them 100% again.

Great stuff - onto Suzuka!
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 28 Sep 2003, 19:45 (Ref:733050)   #4
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We'd need for Schumacher to not finish at Suzuka for Kimi to have any hope, i think i have a better chance of being crowned King of England.
Old 28 Sep 2003, 19:45 (Ref:733051)   #5
Carla O
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
Carla O should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
with the luck he's been having they might as well have given him the bleeding championship.
blah!
Old 28 Sep 2003, 19:46 (Ref:733053)   #6
esorniloc
Veteran

esorniloc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really its the constructors cup thats now the centre of attention, now the drivers is all but over!
Old 28 Sep 2003, 19:49 (Ref:733060)   #7
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This has got to be the worst race ever.
Fuel rig, stewards and the stupid weather costed Montoya the victory and even the championship, especially the stewards costed him dearly. ( and what a shock that was! )
Old 28 Sep 2003, 19:50 (Ref:733063)   #8
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
ITS all over!! TGF needs to have a failure does he ever have one?
Old 28 Sep 2003, 19:51 (Ref:733064)   #9
x_dt
Veteran

England
Manchester, UK
x_dt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess the race for the drivers title bears some resemblence to 1996. In that the title goes down to the wire but the championship leader only needs a minor points finish while his rival must win.
Old 28 Sep 2003, 19:53 (Ref:733068)   #10
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Solar Eclipses happen more often than a Schumacher failure, i'd suggest that McLaren send Coulthard out to take Schumacher out of the race but like he'd ever get close enough.
Old 28 Sep 2003, 19:57 (Ref:733076)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, Montoya is out of it. Schuey would have to retire in Suzuka. And even then Raikkonen would have to beat the two Williams' and Barrichello. It's over really.

But look on the bright side. The WCC is still wide open and anything can happen. At least it wasn't decided today!
Old 28 Sep 2003, 19:58 (Ref:733078)   #12
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But TGF should also have been given a drive through, he clearly overtook under yellow.
Old 28 Sep 2003, 19:58 (Ref:733080)   #13
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by ralf fan
ITS all over!! TGF needs to have a failure does he ever have one?

Brazil 2003
Old 28 Sep 2003, 20:00 (Ref:733084)   #14
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A F-A-I-L-U-R-E!

Not a damn crash.
Old 28 Sep 2003, 20:00 (Ref:733085)   #15
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by jetsetter
Solar Eclipses happen more often than a Schumacher failure, i'd suggest that McLaren send Coulthard out to take Schumacher out of the race but like he'd ever get close enough.

He'd have to lap slowly so that he'd be a lap down and then brake test Schumi on the straight. Remember Spa 1998?
Old 28 Sep 2003, 20:01 (Ref:733088)   #16
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by ASCII Man
A F-A-I-L-U-R-E!

Not a damn crash.

OK, Hockenheim 2003 then I guess you could call Brazil 2003 brain failure

Last edited by Yoong Montoya; 28 Sep 2003 at 20:03.
Old 28 Sep 2003, 20:01 (Ref:733089)   #17
ASCII Man
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Yoong Montoya
He'd have to lap slowly so that he'd be a lap down and then brake test Schumi on the straight. Remember Spa 1998?
That was fun!
Let's do that again!!

Last edited by ASCII Man; 28 Sep 2003 at 20:02.
Old 28 Sep 2003, 20:05 (Ref:733101)   #18
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by ASCII Man
That was fun!
Let's do that again!!

Does anyone have the radio exchange from Schumi after the impact? "****ing Coulthard! What a ****ing idiot!" Guess he was the Montoya of 1998
Old 28 Sep 2003, 20:09 (Ref:733110)   #19
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was pretty much what I was expecting. Rain just when he needs it most. TGF's luck is unbelievable. And when will that f'ing car break down!!??
Old 28 Sep 2003, 20:10 (Ref:733113)   #20
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did Monty think Rubens was Schumi?
Old 28 Sep 2003, 20:10 (Ref:733118)   #21
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Top race Mark & jenson both lead and both went out in the lead.
HHF drove and great race
Kimmi has take his right spot and can win (but I think won't)
jpm screwed himself execpt for the fuel rig
And MS showed everyone that he still is the champ

What a race
Old 28 Sep 2003, 20:14 (Ref:733128)   #22
Heebeegeetee
Veteran

Heebeegeetee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't believe it. Here in UK we have 15 million or so people who have no lives, and have to live what they've got through watching seedy, vile, downmarket soap operas, in which the entire cast spend 30 mins screaming and shouting at each other while screwing each others children. Well, that's perhaps an over the top description of Coronation Street, but I'm not far away. Whatever, it means I can't get to see the press conference of what has been a truly momentous occasion, because 15 million people are sitting looking at blank TV screens while dribbling, and commercial pressures are brought to bear because these people are really easily parted from their cash. So the advertisers have to be kept happy. It's absolutely outrageous. To see and hear MS after that performance would have been special.
So. My view, is when it came down to it, the best driver and the best team did the job and then some. Williams, and JPM, fell apart. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that JPM's reputation is in tatters, and whether he'll recover from the shock of it all for next season will remain to be seen. Put it this way, if he's in a McLaren next year I for one shan't be surprised. There's no way Frank and Patrick are going to pay anything near his asking price. Having said all that, his drive through was also outrageous. I can't imagine how the minds of these fia guys works.
Terrifically exciting race, particularly the early stages, and for me, MS is the champ irrespective of what happens hereafter. I think the tyre affair has now proved to be a complete nonsense, and takes the edge off the team championship for me, but not the drivers championship.
It's a shame the championship hasn't been decided today, because now we'll have to endure a fortnight of total nonsense by the media, as they plough acres of newsprint into a non-story.
But well done MS. He is just a phenomenen. He is just one incredible sportsman. Really, really, well done.
Old 28 Sep 2003, 20:15 (Ref:733132)   #23
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Yoong Montoya
OK, Hockenheim 2003 then I guess you could call Brazil 2003 brain failure
Still doesn't count as he finished in the points.....keep trying. (give you a hint, try Hockenheim 01......37 races ago )
Old 28 Sep 2003, 20:16 (Ref:733134)   #24
Yunis
Rookie

Yunis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralf is normally good in the wet....he screwed up too...if he had finished williams would have prolly still be in the lead in teh constructors...i hope the team give michelin a good blasting they need some intermediates that can match or better the bridgestones...
Old 28 Sep 2003, 20:31 (Ref:733172)   #25
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The race was good up to a point, but when Shumacher had his 50sec lead it kind of got boring. Michelin really need to improve their intermediate tire. It's kind of funny that in a season where Bridgstone have been thoroughly outclassed it's their tires that have finally given Michael his greatest advantage. Good job by Michael and the team though, a solid championship worthy performance. Kimi was solid as well despite basically losing out due to his inferior tires, he is definitely a future world champ. And for Frentzen who may just be quitely slipping out of F1 nice to see him get what might be possibly his last podium.
The championship may be virtually over this year, but the groundwork has been laid for next year. I think the reign of Ferrari is coming to an end.

Last edited by enemy-ace; 28 Sep 2003 at 20:33.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"