Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 14 Apr 2006, 08:44 (Ref:1581038)   #51
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
I found that, but where abouts - my dutch-ish ain't that good
Old 14 Apr 2006, 09:00 (Ref:1581047)   #52
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
my dutch-ish ain't that good
Blimey Graeme you surprise me, you always sound like you are talking double Dutch to me :-)
Old 14 Apr 2006, 09:18 (Ref:1581071)   #53
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by graeme
I found that, but where abouts - my dutch-ish ain't that good
What do you mean where abouts...? I get most of it through understanding German, drop me a PM if you have any specific bits you want help with.
Old 14 Apr 2006, 09:29 (Ref:1581083)   #54
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Okay, which is the bit which says they'll organise a race for you?
Old 14 Apr 2006, 09:46 (Ref:1581095)   #55
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Graeme - check PMs, as we're moving slowly but surely off topic...
Old 14 Apr 2006, 11:02 (Ref:1581148)   #56
graham bahr
Veteran

England
cambs
graham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgraham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Erm, yes you can - we do in Grads - a double header at Spa
maybe the grads is a different case or they are run off the back of a UK meeting,

my point was that when Rod tried to get another venue he couldn't do it without us all needing A licences

its not speed thats dangerous, just the sudden lack of it!
Old 14 Apr 2006, 11:18 (Ref:1581161)   #57
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Any Nat B UK series can have one Nat A meeting - all the drivers need a Nat A licence, but that's a matter of half-a-dozen races and £30 or so. We put our Spa races on at the end of the season so that novice drivers have the chance to upgrade. Tell you what, you (BARC SE) organise Grads a Brands GP race and I'll organise you a Spa race
Old 14 Apr 2006, 11:59 (Ref:1581199)   #58
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I don't mind Suze, let them ramble on, I still think we will have a record tomorrow:-)
Old 14 Apr 2006, 12:37 (Ref:1581224)   #59
Suze
Veteran

England
Heh alright...
Old 14 Apr 2006, 18:14 (Ref:1582357)   #60
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You'll have a record tomorrow Al: the one of damaged necks in trying to follow that pack around the track.

I'm already practising. Only problem is that I do not know where I am tomorrow, ie in which way I should turn my head now.
Old 14 Apr 2006, 19:17 (Ref:1582412)   #61
Alan Cherry
Veteran

England
Alan Cherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=graeme]Can you point me at the right bit of the Zanvoort website

Please see example they are running on 23rd April - below is cut and pasted directly from the babelfish (Altavista ) translation service - its not me honest!
don't know any further details - may be worth giving them a call - had to go to Holland for a work meeting last year , and they speak better english than you get in London !!!!!!!!
Sunday 23 April
Clubspecial
The Netherlands counts a large number of make of car clubs, which their members want a number of events serve up each year. A growing obstruction thereby is the upheaval on the ways, whereas renting full racecircuit forms mostly a too large attack on the club fund. To withstand to this problem circuit park Zandvoort introduced executed year with much success the "club special": full, payable circuit events with which several make of car clubs together their members can a fantastic club day on 4.3 km offer long dune circuit.

Eddy - do you know much about The Castrol Haugg Cup ? I believe it's one step down from the VLN series, but events are a reasonable distance. I think you may be able to do the CHC with a national A, and either a proffesional endorsement, or a letter from your ASN - anyone know anymore ?
Old 14 Apr 2006, 19:27 (Ref:1582418)   #62
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
See ya all tomorrow!
Old 14 Apr 2006, 19:38 (Ref:1582426)   #63
Suze
Veteran

England
Still due to be sunny..! Looking forward to it, just need to remember to set alarm!
Old 14 Apr 2006, 21:02 (Ref:1582498)   #64
graham bahr
Veteran

England
cambs
graham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgraham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Any Nat B UK series can have one Nat A meeting - all the drivers need a Nat A licence, but that's a matter of half-a-dozen races and £30 or so. We put our Spa races on at the end of the season so that novice drivers have the chance to upgrade. Tell you what, you (BARC SE) organise Grads a Brands GP race and I'll organise you a Spa race
yes i see what your saying, but i feel its wrong to have a nat b championship that has a round which is only open to nat A licence holders, which means any newcomers to racing may not be able to take part, if they havn't been able to get enough signitures because of either DNF's or they simply cant do enough races to loose a novice cross and get an A licence in time

its not speed thats dangerous, just the sudden lack of it!
Old 14 Apr 2006, 21:21 (Ref:1582507)   #65
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have to agree with Graham on this, and feel that it is possible series may suffer if they were to run a meeting where only some of the entrants could take part. The only way to do it would be for it to be a non-championship round, which I don't think many people would go for anyway.
Old 14 Apr 2006, 21:31 (Ref:1582515)   #66
Suze
Veteran

England
No, not with the cost of going over there and stuff...
Old 15 Apr 2006, 15:53 (Ref:1582903)   #67
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Only 39 I claim Grads at Combe as the biggest grid of this year so far then
Old 15 Apr 2006, 18:29 (Ref:1582974)   #68
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Only about 28 or 29 started in the second race.
Old 15 Apr 2006, 19:18 (Ref:1583007)   #69
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
Still due to be sunny..!
Funny looking sun

Very well behaved opening laps in boths races, there was the potential for carnage there so well done all

Rob - what was the problem with Harry? Looked to be running ok to start with but the ever increasing cloud following the car was worrying.
Old 15 Apr 2006, 21:46 (Ref:1583100)   #70
Suze
Veteran

England
It's not my fault...! The weatherman said...

Was a good day, loved seeing so many different types of cars and such a big grid.
Old 15 Apr 2006, 22:19 (Ref:1583122)   #71
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2
Funny looking sun

Very well behaved opening laps in boths races, there was the potential for carnage there so well done all

Rob - what was the problem with Harry? Looked to be running ok to start with but the ever increasing cloud following the car was worrying.
See other thread for more BS.

But quickly - two problems:

1. too hot - 230F (Stewart Warner gauges!) water.
2. stuck in limbo 3rd sort of not in, but won't come out or go any further, you know wot I mean! The wossname was jammed so no drive.

The rocker gaskets were leaking again, but most of the smoke was due to the temp going towards the roof, and oil blow-by.

Still, it was good overtaking excercise. I'm told I was in 12th when I bailed out on lap 4.

See you at Silverstone?

Rob.
Old 16 Apr 2006, 06:07 (Ref:1583330)   #72
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Too many broke their toys in practice to break any records so the grads have it, never mind.

Last edited by Al Weyman; 16 Apr 2006 at 06:09.
Old 16 Apr 2006, 08:23 (Ref:1583369)   #73
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by racing59
The wossname was jammed so no drive.

See you at Silverstone?

Rob.
Aaah - a problem with the wossname - I should have guessed that really, all the symptoms were there

I'll be there at Silverstone I'll pop over and say hello if you're not too busy (you were deeply involved in 'fiddling with stuff' when I wandered over so I thought it best to leave you too it).
Old 16 Apr 2006, 08:24 (Ref:1583371)   #74
Steve Burns
Racer

United Kingdom
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Steve Burns should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is still 44 entries for the Oldies But Goldies race at Castle Combe tomorrow, so hopefully that will see a full grid of 42, to take the record from Graeme's 41
Old 16 Apr 2006, 15:56 (Ref:1585109)   #75
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Cherry
Eddy - do you know much about The Castrol Haugg Cup ? I believe it's one step down from the VLN series, but events are a reasonable distance. I think you may be able to do the CHC with a national A, and either a proffesional endorsement, or a letter from your ASN - anyone know anymore ?
Forget about the CHC Alan. This is a race series run as a sort of regularity event, the drivers are given a set time and have to run as close as possible to it, they are even allowed to take a co driver along IIRC.

This series is known in Germany for two things: a stepping stone for new (and good) drivers onwards to better things and (mostly) for people who can afford big cars and have zero driving ability, but claim to be the world champions.

Where have I heard this before?