Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 19 Apr 2006, 11:39 (Ref:1588574)   #26
Spectator
Racer

United Kingdom
East Sussex
Spectator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by archaic gold
I must correct another post, in that the Sports 2000 that went off big time under the Bridge towards Clearways managed it because the Steering Wheel came off in the driver's hands!!
Thanks for the correction but you must agree that the track there was very dirty/dusty.
Old 19 Apr 2006, 11:48 (Ref:1588594)   #27
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
In reply to 'Al', yes the turn at Surtees into the GP loop is a left-hander! In your statement, you said the turn onto the Main Straight; that is called the Brabham Straight, and I was correct in saying it would be a right-hander coming OFF the GP loop.
My appologise then, I naturally assumed the 'Main' straight would be the longest one, the other is a tiddler compared.

Quote:
Earlier poster mentioned a hose pipe ban. Thought that only applied to domestic users so why was the track not cleaned up properly?
I was only relaying what was told to me, heresay of course but from the source the comment came from I would say genuine.

Quote:
the Camaro @ Surtees suffered from a jammed throttle, a lucky escape with 600 shetlands under your boot.
That ain't funny in one of these beasts!

Last edited by Al Weyman; 19 Apr 2006 at 11:52.
Old 19 Apr 2006, 11:53 (Ref:1588602)   #28
archaic gold
Veteran

England
Medway
archaic gold should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
My appologise then, I naturally assumed the 'Main' straight would be the longest one, the other is a tiddler compared.
Apology accepted! Thought there might be a slight confusion! Agreed, that Pilgrims may be longer, but of course only figures at GP meetings. The Main (Brabham) Straight is part of the complex for all Circuit configurations!!
Old 19 Apr 2006, 11:56 (Ref:1588608)   #29
archaic gold
Veteran

England
Medway
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectator
Thanks for the correction but you must agree that the track there was very dirty/dusty.
No problem, but I do not disagree that there would be a lot of dust/mud in that area from the rebuilding of McClaren Bend!!
Old 19 Apr 2006, 14:49 (Ref:1588751)   #30
grichie87
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Kingsdown
grichie87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The circuit was not prefect, the off I had at Sheen curve was caused by loosing site of the corner due to the dust thrown up by cars in front!! I would have braked if I could seen the bend in time, Bill Richards said I just came past him made no attempt to brake and went in the gravel trap D'oh ! It was slippery and dusty Brands have tractors with big sweepers on the back dont they? Also the contractors doing the works must have to make the track safe and clean after the job is done. Someone Email JP
Old 19 Apr 2006, 15:16 (Ref:1588768)   #31
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
It was hard to see round there, I thought that was the old bins failing, glad to see someone else found it like that.
Old 19 Apr 2006, 15:21 (Ref:1588773)   #32
grichie87
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Kingsdown
But I 'spose most people got round ok. ho hum
Old 19 Apr 2006, 15:38 (Ref:1588794)   #33
archaic gold
Veteran

England
Medway
Perhaps, Woolley, we should close this thread down?
I do not think that anybody disagrees that the GP Loop, following re-construction by Contractors from Westfield to Clearways was far from ideal! I also think that Jonathan Palmer would have got the message by now, and there would not be a repetition for the HSCC Meeting in May!
What do you think Woolley. (PS: I do still agree with free speech. but!!!)
Old 19 Apr 2006, 17:05 (Ref:1588870)   #34
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I feel the keys a janglin' .... clunk click......

Oh no! the lock won't turn, there's too much mud in it!
Old 19 Apr 2006, 17:20 (Ref:1588898)   #35
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Quote:
I do not think that anybody disagrees that the GP Loop, following re-construction by Contractors from Westfield to Clearways was far from ideal! I also think that Jonathan Palmer would have got the message by now, and there would not be a repetition for the HSCC Meeting in May!
Why? Its a relevant discussion about the sport on a discussion forum, are you suggesting we must not be critical to MSV or any other circuit that on this occasion has not delivered too well, was you out there dare I ask? Left to it's own devices it will peter out soon enough anyway.

Last edited by Al Weyman; 19 Apr 2006 at 17:25.
Old 19 Apr 2006, 18:51 (Ref:1588983)   #36
graham bahr
Veteran

England
cambs
graham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgraham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
i dont see the need to close it, unless anyone starts making personal attacks on someone

if fact i think the general tone is quite subdewed, the general reaction is that yes the circuit was in poor condition but us as drivers have to drive accordingly

its not speed thats dangerous, just the sudden lack of it!
Old 19 Apr 2006, 19:00 (Ref:1588991)   #37
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I won't, besides I don't know the name of the absent sweeper driver:-)
Old 19 Apr 2006, 19:03 (Ref:1588995)   #38
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I won't, besides I don't know the name of the absent sweeper driver:-)
Trigger?
Old 19 Apr 2006, 19:19 (Ref:1589008)   #39
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think hot showers,clean toilets,food that is edible,ashphelted paddock area and a patron who does come down to eat the food and check the facilities in person more than makes up for the condition of the track on one isolated occasion.
Maybe Silverstone and Mallory would benefit from JPs intervention,or maybe not, I'm looking forward to the British GP being back at Brands where it should be and yes,I think enough has been said >
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 19 Apr 2006, 19:28 (Ref:1589017)   #40
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Hey I and I don't think anyone else here is, am not knocking JP infact if you look back at my past posts when people were knocking him I was defending him saying give the guy a chance and I recon he has done wonders but on this occasion someone let him down. I mean I would not expect him to get out there in the truck himself even if he eats the canteen food which by the way, and I have been there twice this year once on a track day and on Saturday, was extremelly good and reasonable value for money. Surely by discussing these things it ensures they don't happen again, no?
Old 19 Apr 2006, 20:55 (Ref:1589107)   #41
archaic gold
Veteran

England
Medway
Quote:
Why? Its a relevant discussion about the sport on a discussion forum, are you suggesting we must not be critical to MSV or any other circuit that on this occasion has not delivered too well, was you out there dare I ask? Left to it's own devices it will peter out soon enough anyway.
Not in the slightest, and I have nowhere on this thread suggested that the track was in a first class state for racing. The only point I was making is that each contributor is now covering the same ground and from comments echoed, MSV and JP will certainly have got the criticism, so perhaps it could just rest there. Agreed, the thread will probably peter out soon anyway. And, Yes, I was out there at Stirlings/Sheen Curve (All day!) Wet and Dry!!!
Old 19 Apr 2006, 21:06 (Ref:1589120)   #42
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Thats fair comment, just could not see why it should be closed.
Old 19 Apr 2006, 21:36 (Ref:1589144)   #43
Alan Cherry
Veteran

England
Alan Cherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Hey Snapper what happened to photos of my car I see everyone elses but me, was it too quick to catch on camera :-).
Al,
I had three friends there taking photo's, each with cameras that cost more than my car (with lenses ) I'll find out tomorrow if they have any of you, and when they are going to be posted on the web.

p.s. My 'off' at Sheen was mechanical and nothing to do with the conditions - Also I thought Ray Barrow looked lonely in there by himself !

Alan
Old 19 Apr 2006, 21:38 (Ref:1589150)   #44
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Cheers Alan.
Old 19 Apr 2006, 22:59 (Ref:1589202)   #45
grichie87
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Kingsdown
Whatever happened on Saturday it was still a fab day, I really enjoyed it, good cars, good company, what more do you want.
Old 19 Apr 2006, 23:03 (Ref:1589203)   #46
grichie87
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Kingsdown
[quote=Alan Cherry]Al,
I had three friends there taking photo's, each with cameras that cost more than my car (with lenses ) I'll find out tomorrow if they have any of you, and when they are going to be posted on the web.

p.s. My 'off' at Sheen was mechanical and nothing to do with the conditions - Also I thought Ray Barrow looked lonely in there by himself !
Alan[Alan, can you let us all know where the photos are to be posted Graham/quote]
Old 19 Apr 2006, 23:45 (Ref:1589227)   #47
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Interesting reading re conditions - I never made it out to watch on GP loop, but can see the points raised. Contacting JP is a good bet.
Old 25 Apr 2006, 18:36 (Ref:1594812)   #48
Alan Cherry
Veteran

England
Alan Cherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grichie87
Alan[Alan, can you let us all know where the photos are to be posted Graham/quote]
Sorry so long in replying - there are some on there now ( about 1/3rd of the pics so far )
go to www.adrenalinphotography.com
subsection DTRC
Old 25 Apr 2006, 19:41 (Ref:1594849)   #49
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Alright I get the message, you guys just don't like grunty noisy old Camaros (not one picture!!!), i'll retire quitely to the corner and leave you to play in your little Euro boxes.
Old 25 Apr 2006, 20:07 (Ref:1594867)   #50
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, I know what it is, the other 2/3rds are all of Al and the grunty thing.