Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Notices

Old 18 Dec 2020, 18:45 (Ref:4023751)   #16
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post

I'd say Red Bull situation will be more tense, if Perez gets all he needs to get the most of the car. It would be Ricciardo vs Verstappen all over again. Except Perez is not mr. Smiley when things get heated. Remember his ongoing tension with Ocon? And that's with Ocon, who seems like a genuinely nice guy. In the same kind of situation Verstappen will just be his usual rude self, who never admits to ever being wrong. So I can totally imagine some red mist floating between the two.

Either way I don't see Red Bull challenge for victories in 2021. Don't be fooled by the Abu Dhabi performance. Mercs will be miles ahead come spring.

I am pretty sure you will be correct on both points. The first point could get interesting, the latter sadly not.
Old 18 Dec 2020, 19:15 (Ref:4023762)   #17
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well if red bull can not challenge mercedes who will? could be a very boring season up the front end next year
Old 18 Dec 2020, 20:02 (Ref:4023773)   #18
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think Perez will do well, but he’s not going to be able to touch Verstappen. It’ll be like Mercedes where Bottas isn’t really on Hamilton’s level.

Although the dynamic won’t be quite the same as I don’t expect Perez to be so weak in the races, or so close in qualifying.
Old 18 Dec 2020, 20:39 (Ref:4023778)   #19
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Marks out of ten for the Red Bull young driver programme?I'd give it five,maybe six and will review it after Tsunoda has a few Grand Prix behind him.
Old 18 Dec 2020, 21:51 (Ref:4023789)   #20
Aysedasi
Bubbling over...
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I think Perez will do well, but he’s not going to be able to touch Verstappen. It’ll be like Mercedes where Bottas isn’t really on Hamilton’s level.

Although the dynamic won’t be quite the same as I don’t expect Perez to be so weak in the races, or so close in qualifying.
Depends how he's treated by RB, whether they take on board any of his input (he does have masses of experience after all) and whether they keep him under the thumb as a strict #2. I think he will surprise on occasion. I suspect he's pretty happy right now.
Old 18 Dec 2020, 22:34 (Ref:4023794)   #21
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
While I don't expect Perez to be on Verstappen's pace in qualifying, he'll give Red Bull an extra option in races, and give Mercedes something to think about. No-one extends the life of tyres like Perez does.
Old 18 Dec 2020, 23:45 (Ref:4023799)   #22
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Keep him out long every race so Mercs are compromised when they stop?
Old 19 Dec 2020, 01:16 (Ref:4023808)   #23
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post

Is Perez paying?

I would have gone Rogro (most talented) or Hulkenberg, the latter because that is who Max was pushing for.

The best way to have chosen would have been to have used a 2 year old car and run them all back to back.
Old 19 Dec 2020, 01:48 (Ref:4023810)   #24
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Pandamasque should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPandamasque should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPandamasque should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Is Perez paying?
He was at Racing Point, well, at least he brought some sponsorship. I haven't heard anything about that being or not being part of the deal with RB.
Old 19 Dec 2020, 02:07 (Ref:4023812)   #25
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Is Perez paying?

I would have gone Rogro (most talented) or Hulkenberg, the latter because that is who Max was pushing for.

The best way to have chosen would have been to have used a 2 year old car and run them all back to back.
I quite like all three of those drivers, but itís all a bit of a muchness.

Maybe I chose Hulk out of the three, then Perez, and Rogro last.

A test would be fine, but actually I would look at their races. That rules Rogro out.
Old 19 Dec 2020, 09:11 (Ref:4023851)   #26
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B is going for a new lap record!E.B is going for a new lap record!E.B is going for a new lap record!E.B is going for a new lap record!E.B is going for a new lap record!E.B is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
He was at Racing Point, well, at least he brought some sponsorship. I haven't heard anything about that being or not being part of the deal with RB.
Horner did drop a comment the other day that although they would not be replacing the Aston Martin title sponsorship they did have a couple of new sponsors that would become known in due course. That was before the confirmation of Perez so I guess we will see some of the Perez associated logos like Telmex / Telcel, Mexican (Slim owned) Telecom companies in due course.Just a hunch
Old 19 Dec 2020, 09:53 (Ref:4023857)   #27
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by P38 in workshop View Post
Marks out of ten for the Red Bull young driver programme?I'd give it five,maybe six and will review it after Tsunoda has a few Grand Prix behind him.
Can you name a junior program that brought more drivers to F1?
Old 19 Dec 2020, 10:34 (Ref:4023864)   #28
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm not sure number of drivers into F1 is a great metric, but it's certainly the metric that Red Bull would choose to use. They cycle through drivers at record pace. It's easy to have the most drivers when you drop them as often as Red Bull do.

I'd like to think that championships won is a better metric. That is why it exists after-all. It has brought 1 champion and 4 championships. The McLaren young driver program also brought 1 champion, but it brought more championships outside of McLaren

Worth noting that Albon was part of both the Red Bull and McLaren junior programs at the same time.
Old 19 Dec 2020, 10:57 (Ref:4023870)   #29
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I'm not sure number of drivers into F1 is a great metric, but it's certainly the metric that Red Bull would choose to use. They cycle through drivers at record pace. It's easy to have the most drivers when you drop them as often as Red Bull do.

I'd like to think that championships won is a better metric. That is why it exists after-all. It has brought 1 champion and 4 championships. The McLaren young driver program also brought 1 champion, but it brought more championships outside of McLaren

Worth noting that Albon was part of both the Red Bull and McLaren junior programs at the same time.
Good post, our thoughts are aligned on this!
Old 19 Dec 2020, 11:08 (Ref:4023875)   #30
Aysedasi
Bubbling over...
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Is Perez paying?

I would have gone Rogro (most talented)...
You are kidding right?