Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 25 Feb 2009, 11:08 (Ref:2403793)   #1
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Historic Road Rallying/ Endurance Rallying

I'd like to consider historic road rallying & the historic sections of endurance rallying (eg the recent Lombard type events) with a more "modern" historic eg pre '81 but I'm afraid that I find the tech regs for the HRCR events with respect to post historic cars & the references to the Blue Book & therefore the original Group 1,2 & 4 homologation regs confusing. I'm probably just dim, I suppose.

I would like to consider a "historic" car of sorts - eg an Alfa Sud 1500 for road rallying & the historic section of endurance events but I would just like to buy something that I can prepare simply, ie bolt in a half cage, fit a pair of rally seats, some auxilliary lights and a sump guard & go road "rallying", in the same way that you appear to be able to do with modern cars up to 1400cc (on the Lombard). Is this possible? I'm afraid that I don't know my twin cams from my twin chokes or my Webers from my Strombergs and a simple "idiots guide" would be very useful!!

I don't want to buy a car & then find its ineligible. And I'd like to be able to take part at the "budget" end of the scale! Any advice would be welcome! Is there a list of the sorts of cars that are (and are not) eligible available anywhere?

Thanks
Old 26 Feb 2009, 13:56 (Ref:2404624)   #2
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Basically Category 3 historic rally cars (75-81) must have been homologated in Groups 1 or 3 and comply with those papers. They also have to comply with 101-116 of the blue book (ie no forced induction, comply with silencing levels etc, one colour scheme and various other things). The best advice is to contact the championship coordinators via the HRCR website or the lads on classicrallychat.com who are always enthusiastic about helping newcomers. They may even be able to put you in touch with someone already rallying a similar model.

At clubman level scrutineering isn't too draconian for newcomers - unless you've done something outrageous or are over noise limits, people with minor infringements are just given friendly advice to change it for next time.

Do bear in mind that at the moment Category 3 cars are not eligible for the overall HRCR road rally championships - you can obviously compete but you'll be classified seperately.