Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 1 Feb 2012, 21:27 (Ref:3019988)   #1301
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As it happens, dropping the windows off tomorrow so they can be sure they've bent it back to the right shape. Put the kettle on Iain.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 06:49 (Ref:3020111)   #1302
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
As it happens, dropping the windows off tomorrow so they can be sure they've bent it back to the right shape. Put the kettle on Iain.
I was always told that you couldn't 'bend something back into shape' but am sure this has been proved wrong on countless occasions!
Old 2 Feb 2012, 07:23 (Ref:3020116)   #1303
jonnytuna
Rookie

jonnytuna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Cortina coming on well Jonny Tuna did you make the wiring loom,very neat.
Sorry about the Revis at Goodwood,I think we crossed paths at Mallory when you were testing.
Looking forward to progress on the Wilson GT this project should have its own thread. BTW good to have a fellow 10/10ther who also cannot spell.
Yes, made it partly in advance and finalised exact lengths once in situ. Started with instrument cluster and used multi-blocks to make it easier to fit and remove. Made wiring loom starting from the multi-block. Made wiring plans up front which were invaluable as I'd never made one before - although a little nerdy!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328167213.696318.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	36130

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328167223.105615.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	36131

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328167251.347525.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	36132
Old 2 Feb 2012, 07:31 (Ref:3020117)   #1304
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
very tidy. I used the original wiring loom in my car, probably not to App K but it works
Old 2 Feb 2012, 07:38 (Ref:3020119)   #1305
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Robyn Slater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old wiring looms are ok until you let all the smoke out.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 09:24 (Ref:3020154)   #1306
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I was always told that you couldn't 'bend something back into shape' but am sure this has been proved wrong on countless occasions!
They guys doing the job wouldn't be happy with my flippant description of their work I'm sure, they're a lot more scientific about it than that.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 11:36 (Ref:3020237)   #1307
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
They guys doing the job wouldn't be happy with my flippant description of their work I'm sure, they're a lot more scientific about it than that.
Come to think of it, I think the saying was 'you can't bend something straight' but fairly close....
Old 2 Feb 2012, 11:47 (Ref:3020248)   #1308
Farbrooke
Racer

Farbrooke has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn Slater View Post
Old wiring looms are ok until you let all the smoke out.
tool available to replace smoke
http://www.lrfaq.org/Series/eBAY_NOS...ment_smoke.pdf
Old 2 Feb 2012, 12:46 (Ref:3020279)   #1309
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
the old loom is perfect, its never used anyway, its all lights . . . . the important bits, ie ignition, and fuel pump are new and rewrapped into the original.

smoke kits, pah, if the wires thick enough it doesn't smoke, and an added bonus, it heats the cabin and demists the screen when the voltage regulator points get stuck
Old 7 Feb 2012, 17:37 (Ref:3022740)   #1310
Robert Farrell
Racer

Robert Farrell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Adding lightness to boot lid. It`s been a long winter!
Attached Thumbnails
Industrial Unit 002.jpg   Industrial Unit 003.jpg  
Old 7 Feb 2012, 17:51 (Ref:3022746)   #1311
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking good Robert,takes an age but very satisfying. Is it an alloy lid?
Old 7 Feb 2012, 17:57 (Ref:3022752)   #1312
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any one know of any 42DCNF Webers for sale?,I need three of them.Alternatively 2 40DFIs would suffice for now.
Old 7 Feb 2012, 20:00 (Ref:3022785)   #1313
Alex E
Racer

Alex E should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With JD Classics in mind. Hope it will be ready for Donington....Alex
Attached Thumbnails
P1150207.jpg  
Old 7 Feb 2012, 22:26 (Ref:3022854)   #1314
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Any one know of any 42DCNF Webers for sale?,I need three of them.Alternatively 2 40DFIs would suffice for now.

There's a set advertised at:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Essex-engine-triple-Webers-and-manifold-/150753674516?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item23199e8514

Malcolm
Old 8 Feb 2012, 04:04 (Ref:3022941)   #1315
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
I have seen those,thanks,but I already have a manifold.
Old 17 Feb 2012, 22:56 (Ref:3027348)   #1316
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Expecting a call any day to say the E-type's ready to go to for paint. Collected the offending but now rehabilitated gearbox this afternoon and next need to sort the 101 other bits & pieces.

A few pics of the progress when I visited last week:
Attached Thumbnails
Rod Jay osfq.jpg   Rod Jay driver comp.jpg   Rod Jay pedal box.jpg  

Old 18 Feb 2012, 09:26 (Ref:3027483)   #1317
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
A proper lightweight!
Old 18 Feb 2012, 10:52 (Ref:3027506)   #1318
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Expecting a call any day to say the E-type's ready to go to for paint. Collected the offending but now rehabilitated gearbox this afternoon and next need to sort the 101 other bits & pieces.

A few pics of the progress when I visited last week:
Mike, have I missed something, how has it ended up like that, did you bend it?
Old 18 Feb 2012, 10:58 (Ref:3027511)   #1319
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think the silverstone pit wall jumped out at it last year.
Old 18 Feb 2012, 11:01 (Ref:3027512)   #1320
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Silverstone Classic; new pit wall IIRC. We were all distraught although obviously not as much as Colin.

Edit - beaten again!
Old 18 Feb 2012, 11:16 (Ref:3027524)   #1321
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Oh bugger, thankfully I was sitting watching from just before the pits so missed that.
Old 18 Feb 2012, 15:57 (Ref:3027626)   #1322
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Well, I nearly didn't have any project or garage to put it in. Earlier I connected a solar charger, which I use as a trickle charger, to the battery on the race car. I went to the shed to move some stuff and came back about ten minutes later to a smell of burning plastic and the garage filling with smoke. The wires on the charger were smouldering away and if I'd have left it much longer I think it would have been a lot more serious.
Old 18 Feb 2012, 18:35 (Ref:3027682)   #1323
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Are you telling us that you had some sun today then Tim.
Old 18 Feb 2012, 21:03 (Ref:3027722)   #1324
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Iain, the sun always shines on the righteous, I thought you knew that.
Old 19 Feb 2012, 18:36 (Ref:3028018)   #1325
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us