Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 3 Feb 2019, 17:22 (Ref:3881699)   #1501
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
You’re being very diplomatic- not mentioning the Wales win the other day....
Yes, that was a real fluke, wasn't it??
Old 3 Feb 2019, 17:22 (Ref:3881700)   #1502
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Now rugby,,,, did you see England slaughter Ireland last night?
I won't comment this just because of my very poor sense of humor… So French! The best place for rugby here is South West, towns like Beziers for instance. Rugby fans use to say they're no pussies and soccer players are said "les danseuses". A nickname related to the fact that a simple mosquito could kill them…
Old 3 Feb 2019, 17:23 (Ref:3881701)   #1503
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Are the Canaries a Wales team now?
Old 3 Feb 2019, 17:29 (Ref:3881705)   #1504
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Yes - they use them in the coal mines.
Old 3 Feb 2019, 17:30 (Ref:3881706)   #1505
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Hairy info here!
Old 3 Feb 2019, 17:34 (Ref:3881707)   #1506
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I once stayed in a private house at Le Mans and the owner, a young geography teacher, asked me whereabouts I came from. Norfolk meant nothing to him, so he asked me the name of the 'big town'. When I replied Norwich, he immediately said "Ah, the Canaries".

Sad, isn't it?
Old 3 Feb 2019, 17:36 (Ref:3881708)   #1507
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Less funny, we soon have at least two engines to bring to GB for refurbishing. The question is how will it work if we go before 31 March and bring them back later lets say in April? Kept in quarantaine or as "trésor de guerre économique"?
Old 3 Feb 2019, 17:38 (Ref:3881709)   #1508
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Sad, isn't it?
This could explain why our pupils do sooo good in geo'! Are you sure the teacher would have been able to locate the Canaries island on a map?
Old 3 Feb 2019, 18:18 (Ref:3881714)   #1509
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well that went well.Did some karting practcie ahead of a upcoming race.Finished 3red in times just behind two people who race the Fun Cup Championship-Ed and Chris Bridle.Fun session,did a bit of snow plowing,mugged two people in one corner 😁.Although my seat insert was utterly useless so that will mean a brused back and ribs in th3 morning.It was like being a toy being mauled by a dog,great.Thats all for now.😁

WK
Old 3 Feb 2019, 18:43 (Ref:3881720)   #1510
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Get yourself a rib protector. They're expensive but you need to look for something like a Tillet Rib Pro or Bengio Bumper. Well worth the money, you lose far more if you can't work due to rib pain.

They often come up second hand on the site called UK Karting. (I don't think I'm allowed to put the URL as there's another forum there )

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 3 Feb 2019, 18:51 (Ref:3881722)   #1511
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Get yourself a rib protector. They're expensive but you need to look for something like a Tillet Rib Pro or Bengio Bumper. Well worth the money, you lose far more if you can't work due to rib pain.

They often come up second hand on the site called UK Karting. (I don't think I'm allowed to put the URL as there's another forum there )

TBH it was the only time its happened .Normally the insert is fine.
Old 3 Feb 2019, 19:09 (Ref:3881730)   #1512
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It has to be one of the biggest events of the year of any sort in Northern France & certainly a boost to the Le Touquet economy. It's a shame it no longer goes into the dunes but I kind of understand that & at least the event still exists.

Competed there a couple of times in the mid 80's great fun but not as good as the Weston Beach Race at the end of the year.
Old 3 Feb 2019, 19:37 (Ref:3881735)   #1513
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Mid 80's? Two stroke engine? Did you appreciate "le goulet" and see the check flag?
Old 3 Feb 2019, 19:52 (Ref:3881740)   #1514
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
TBH it was the only time its happened .Normally the insert is fine.
Get one anyway. Then you're covered if some idiot decides to take you out.

As you go quicker you'll thank me. Or drive rougher tracks. Or get into a hire Rotax...

Old 3 Feb 2019, 21:29 (Ref:3881743)   #1515
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Get one anyway. Then you're covered if some idiot decides to take you out.

As you go quicker you'll thank me. Or drive rougher tracks. Or get into a hire Rotax...

Will consider it.

I haven't yet.I only started back end of September .Did a 56s.Since then have only done wet running so today was only my 2nd time in the dry.Managed to go 4s faster which was really pleased about.I've done Bayford but focus on Buckmore as its got regular practice sessions and races which is good and its 20 mins away.

My dads getting his old 90's kart (I think its a project one TKM car-Thats all I know)Its been sitting idle for 20 years looks like I'll be its official test driver 😁.
Old 3 Feb 2019, 22:29 (Ref:3881757)   #1516
midgetman
Veteran

Your dad will enjoy push starting you I've got a very quick ex-Super One TKM Extreme motor on the shelf if you want to go quicker.

I've raced both Buckmore and Bayford, I find Buckmore more fun, Bayford is very technical.

Old 4 Feb 2019, 00:11 (Ref:3881766)   #1517
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Your dad will enjoy push starting you I've got a very quick ex-Super One TKM Extreme motor on the shelf if you want to go quicker.

I've raced both Buckmore and Bayford, I find Buckmore more fun, Bayford is very technical.

How quick?

Buckmore is a little better but both are good.

Yes I've heard some stories of his karting.Once at a race he didn't thibk he was going quick enough,he went f it and rolled the thing,from my pov only he would be able to do such a thing although I imagine youve seen it done.

Push starting fine for my dad,he used to race sidecars pre karting and when they went of they had to push the sidecar to start it.You can imagine when.it didn't,jump for ya life.When he went to karting the hing felt slow.Wasn't for me though...😁😮.My college has got some kart mutated thing sitting in storage,looks ridiculous.
Old 4 Feb 2019, 02:43 (Ref:3881799)   #1518
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Soccer? That's for children. Now rugby,,,, did you see England slaughter Ireland last night?
'To be sure' I did.

And Wales against France.... the French just seemed to lose their bottle late in the game.
Old 4 Feb 2019, 05:47 (Ref:3881822)   #1519
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
One century of matches against NZ. France won 12, generally in special circumstances like 14 of July or a freezing February. NZ "only" 52. But French still think they can challenge All Blacks. Ha, tiens, hé bien voilÃ* autre chose! Dont laugh, because the main sponsor did improve the underwear, we can't see any pee spot after the NZ haka!
Old 4 Feb 2019, 06:59 (Ref:3881825)   #1520
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nice avatar Gérard.
Old 4 Feb 2019, 07:53 (Ref:3881832)   #1521
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Ho yes, a very nice one, thank you again. Without your help, all I could do is to have the picture of the Corvette posted by alfaholics but… pointing down and oversized! Sometimes it happens with 'Vettes I've been told… Having lost my pics, I'll try to find one from my 3.0 RS GRP3 '75 (may be Echappement or Sport Auto) at Rétromobile. You'll see that back in the day we did have the front wheel sky high… as our competitors!
Old 4 Feb 2019, 10:50 (Ref:3881844)   #1522
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
The ex JD Classics Boss is making the press again. Now being sued by the administrators of the failed company....

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/c...c44ab0687834fe

On a lighter note, an auction of Spitting Image puppets coming up.... https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...ion/ar-BBT9t6i

I was thinking that we could do with a new series, but as with ‘Yes Minister’, our politicians are making enough fools of themselves without mocking or caricatures.....
Old 4 Feb 2019, 11:10 (Ref:3881846)   #1523
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
The ex JD Classics Boss is making the press again. Now being sued by the administrators of the failed company....

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/c...c44ab0687834fe
Hmm.
Old 4 Feb 2019, 12:59 (Ref:3881864)   #1524
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Have to take my hat off to the team that located the missing Piper Malibu. Not only for their speed in finding it, but the professional and respectful interviews given to the media afterwards by David Mearns. Hope ultimately the find answers questions the family must be asking.
Old 4 Feb 2019, 13:26 (Ref:3881869)   #1525
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Indeed. It puzzles me why they put him in a light aircraft anyway.