Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 5 May 2020, 21:44 (Ref:3974690)   #1551
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
the eagle flies at midnight
Old 5 May 2020, 21:51 (Ref:3974691)   #1552
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
It's hotter than July !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 5 May 2020, 22:37 (Ref:3974692)   #1553
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My Postillion has been struck by lightning!
Old 6 May 2020, 04:57 (Ref:3974715)   #1554
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
“wound my heart with a monotonous languor”

Stand by Gerard, the invasion is coming.

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 6 May 2020 at 06:43.
Old 6 May 2020, 05:16 (Ref:3974716)   #1555
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Les carottes sont cuites. Il fait chaud * Suez. Les chaussettes de l'archi Duchesse sont elles sèches, archi sèches?
Old 6 May 2020, 05:32 (Ref:3974718)   #1556
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Les carottes sont cuites. Il fait chaud * Suez. Les chaussettes de l'archi Duchesse sont elles sèches, archi sèches?

La duchesse a mangé les carottes, et ses chaussettes sont * Suez. Le duc a poursuivi De Gaulle.
Old 6 May 2020, 09:46 (Ref:3974745)   #1557
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Arthur and I did something similar to Peter with a Morrois Minor some years ago . . . being heavy it handled very well for a 4 year old to drive, and wasn't too fast.

It did however get extremely hot, when you can smell the motor from 20 feet you know it's time to give it a rest!
Old 6 May 2020, 09:58 (Ref:3974748)   #1558
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4 View Post
My Postillion has been struck by lightning!
Yours too?
Old 6 May 2020, 19:14 (Ref:3974802)   #1559
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
OK, Scalec', Carrera nobody playing with changing lanes TCR? Not that I was a great fan but a big wholesaler for those.
Old 6 May 2020, 19:19 (Ref:3974805)   #1560
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
OK, Scalec', Carrera nobody playing with changing lanes TCR? Not that I was a great fan but a big wholesaler for those.
I shall be perusing the brocantes with renewed enthusiasm!
Old 6 May 2020, 19:48 (Ref:3974807)   #1561
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Yours too?

Just to prove that it didn't fall on stony ground...
Old 6 May 2020, 23:49 (Ref:3974831)   #1562
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Yours too?
Incorrect response! Consider yourself a dead cold war spy!
Old 7 May 2020, 05:13 (Ref:3974848)   #1563
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Gerard, something to bear in mind when talking about over the counter slot car racing cars and track systems-

For true Brits there is ONLY Scalextric! Mentioning of Carrera will usually result in a stony silence, despite it being world leader.....
Old 7 May 2020, 05:41 (Ref:3974849)   #1564
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Carrera did a Mille Miglia set with the Moss Mercedes.

We used to buy chassis, wheels and engines etc. separately and build our own sportscars.
Old 7 May 2020, 08:58 (Ref:3974867)   #1565
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I have never seen carrera track but we have quite a few cars. the best cortinas are Revell ones, tail happy and no magnets. I have tweaked the rear arch lips on mine and fitted silicone rubber tyres.

All as homologated and to App K obviously.
Old 7 May 2020, 09:08 (Ref:3974870)   #1566
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Bought this a few years ago, haven't built it up yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Slotcapri2.jpg  
Old 7 May 2020, 09:13 (Ref:3974871)   #1567
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
I have never seen carrera track but we have quite a few cars. the best cortinas are Revell ones, tail happy and no magnets. I have tweaked the rear arch lips on mine and fitted silicone rubber tyres.

All as homologated and to App K obviously.
I've got three Cortinas now - two Revell, including the Limited Edition Jim Clark car, & an old Airfix/MRRC one that I picked up very cheaply on eBay. Apart from slightly wider rear wheels it's in very good condition.

All I have to do now is get a track up & running...
Old 7 May 2020, 09:42 (Ref:3974878)   #1568
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've just been trying to get some "Hammerite" or equivalent - total dearth of it in north Wiltshire. Found some on flea bay delivery not until middle next week. Quiet weekend for me then :-)
Old 7 May 2020, 09:42 (Ref:3974879)   #1569
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
For true Brits there is ONLY Scalextric! Mentioning of Carrera will usually result in a stony silence, despite it being world leader.....
OK, fine Mike! But I suppose you can use either right lane or left one…
Nowadays market offer accurately detailed models cheaper than 'normal" ones.
Sometimes you have to make with some inaccuracy though, some proudly announced the launch of the famous Carrera Capri RS 1300!
https://circuitsdelegende.com/gt-tou...t-gr6-n25.html
Old 7 May 2020, 09:55 (Ref:3974882)   #1570
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Well known in France:
https://www.carson-modelsport.com/fr...-hd-560004101/
https://www.slotcar-today.com/en/not...mpany-2087.php
For Joe: https://www.thunderslot.com/index.php?select=home
Old 7 May 2020, 10:12 (Ref:3974891)   #1571
bauble
Veteran

England
I used to follow the Aurora F1 series back in the day. For the too young Aurora was a slot car manufacturer, no mention of them on here so far.
One of history's forgotten marques?

Desire Wilson (Breeze) is/was the only woman to win a Formula 1 race. At Brands Hatch if I recall.
Old 7 May 2020, 10:16 (Ref:3974892)   #1572
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I know all about the Aurora F1 series. It was at 1979 bank holiday meeting at Brands that my parents first went to a car race, thanks to a friend working for the company that sponsored Guy Edwards. Their main memory was seeing Martin Shaw from the Professionals watching the race in front of them
Old 7 May 2020, 10:55 (Ref:3974898)   #1573
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I've just been trying to get some "Hammerite" or equivalent - total dearth of it in north Wiltshire. Found some on flea bay delivery not until middle next week. Quiet weekend for me then :-)

Do you have a Wilko locally Max?

Got mine from there albeit a year and more back now I suppose. Worth a try if you have not already thought of it.

Some of the local Screwfix stores have some stock for click and collect though it may depend on what specific paint from the range you are seeking.

On the other hand if you want a quiet weekend ...
Old 7 May 2020, 11:06 (Ref:3974901)   #1574
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I used to follow the Aurora F1 series back in the day. For the too young Aurora was a slot car manufacturer, no mention of them on here so far.
One of history's forgotten marques?

Desire Wilson (Breeze) is/was the only woman to win a Formula 1 race. At Brands Hatch if I recall.
Tyrrell 008 iirc?
Old 7 May 2020, 11:11 (Ref:3974902)   #1575
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
On the subject of slot cars I recall having a slightly less usual make with just about compatible guide and power connection ribbons for a single Cooper model.

The nearest I can see at the moment is Airfix but I don't recall it being Airfix in particular, though based on on-line photos it is possible it was.

It came with a short piece of polythene (iirc) that one could push into a hole at the back of the bodywork to act as a rear guide in the slot.

Interesting but not very fast so ok as a toy set but completely pointless in the competitive world of slot racing!

Full Ackerman steering though - so I guess it must have been Airfix.

https://britfix.wixsite.com/slotcars...-1960s-f1-cars
Closed Thread