Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 26 Aug 2004, 21:55 (Ref:1078580)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Richards fights former employer....

Can Team Dynamik take a trick this week?

Here

Seems Mr Richards is taking legal action against Team Dynamik for driving services fees not received....

... while the team is counter claiming for costs of cars damaged by Mr Richards while he was in their employ

$125k a year is a nice earner for a race driver too
Old 26 Aug 2004, 22:26 (Ref:1078608)   #2
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jeez, I hope they dont find out who the informer was last week, imagine that law suit
Old 26 Aug 2004, 22:28 (Ref:1078610)   #3
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
720 K for race car damage?

How much will dumbrell owe larry?
Old 26 Aug 2004, 22:33 (Ref:1078616)   #4
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Lucky Rodney's employer was his daddy
Old 26 Aug 2004, 23:44 (Ref:1078681)   #5
Also a Believer
Veteran

Also a Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gee this industry is turning into a widfall for the legal eagles. Watch out TC you might be next.
Old 26 Aug 2004, 23:54 (Ref:1078692)   #6
smithers
Racer

Australia
smithers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Legal Eagles one way, sharks the other.
Old 27 Aug 2004, 00:44 (Ref:1078710)   #7
Joe5619
Veteran

Joe5619 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
!!!!TD are a complete joke!!!!!!

First they don't pay a driver his wages, then they try to sue him for damages caused to the car & to top it off, they cheat!

If I was a fan of TD, I would change quick smart because they are a complete joke!! How embarrassing for everyone involved with the team… TD hang your head in shame.
Old 27 Aug 2004, 00:51 (Ref:1078713)   #8
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I guess we won't see Dale posting here for a while. I'm sure his legal eagles have told him to keep quiet about everything, lest he start another blow-up.
Old 27 Aug 2004, 01:11 (Ref:1078718)   #9
moffman
Veteran

moffman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is shyte like this that is contributing to my apathy towards this category....
Old 27 Aug 2004, 01:14 (Ref:1078723)   #10
worried
Rookie

worried should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Doesn't it say, though, that something is wrong with the rules of the category in the first place if a team (any team) has to resort to this sort of thing?
Old 27 Aug 2004, 01:22 (Ref:1078727)   #11
PureGT
Rookie

PureGT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From a legal perspective, TD have very little chance of a successful counter claim. Even if they could prove that the damage caused by Richards was intentional, they still have little hope.
Old 27 Aug 2004, 01:29 (Ref:1078729)   #12
Also a Believer
Veteran

Also a Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unless there was a damage clause in the contract which I doubt.
Old 27 Aug 2004, 01:46 (Ref:1078740)   #13
Archer
Veteran

Archer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am a TD fan, well was a TD fan untill this week. The sooner Dynamik is removed from the entry lists the better!

Seriously, the treatment given to the driver that could have made the difference in the team (J Richards) now spanning nearly a year after his initial employment on top of this cheating farce!

Simon Wills and Team Dynamik, you've just lost a fan!
I support (V8): Holden, Holden Racing Team, Perkins Motorsport, #888, #2, #22, #11, #7, #3, #34, #51, #55, #33, #88, #18, #4, #5 & #1. I support (F1): Williams Toyota, Red Bull Renault, #15, #16, #23, #9 & #10.

RIP Peter Brock and Mark Porter
Old 27 Aug 2004, 01:48 (Ref:1078742)   #14
Archer
Veteran

Archer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you were a driver you would have to seriously consider a Konica Minolta drive over a drive in #45 next year, if #45 exists next year.
I support (V8): Holden, Holden Racing Team, Perkins Motorsport, #888, #2, #22, #11, #7, #3, #34, #51, #55, #33, #88, #18, #4, #5 & #1. I support (F1): Williams Toyota, Red Bull Renault, #15, #16, #23, #9 & #10.

RIP Peter Brock and Mark Porter
Old 27 Aug 2004, 04:50 (Ref:1078797)   #15
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Crashes happen, so I don't think they have a leg to stand on.

That 2.5% of merchandise sales has to be worth something too as I know Dynamik was flogging as much junk as they could last year.
Old 27 Aug 2004, 07:37 (Ref:1078848)   #16
spa-eau rouge
Racer

spa-eau rouge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
we have not seen the white pointers yet .The sardines are only circling yet [the bait], bring on the big ones....
Old 27 Aug 2004, 08:08 (Ref:1078867)   #17
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In reality i would think the value of the team and the value of merchandise would be practically nothing at the moment.
Old 27 Aug 2004, 10:32 (Ref:1078970)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Also a Believer
Unless there was a damage clause in the contract which I doubt.
You doubt incorrectly.

Drivers contracts these days often include all sorts of things, including damage clauses where the driver must contribute to repair costs arising from events caused by the driver.

Mr Richards seriously donald ducked the #45 car in NZ last year, and had other crash damage created at his own hand.

Quite how that drifts up to $720k is a question for the beancounters...
Old 27 Aug 2004, 12:14 (Ref:1079090)   #19
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Wasn't the NZ crash the one where he collected the tyres? If so, I think that they would have more luck in suing the organisers for leaving a dangerous obstacle on the track.
Old 27 Aug 2004, 12:22 (Ref:1079102)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Depends how it is worded... if the driver is in control of the motor vehicle, and he instigates a crash not caused by mechanical failure, there could be an argument that this is the driver's fault to some degree....

... as ever, the devil is always found in the detail...
Old 27 Aug 2004, 13:13 (Ref:1079153)   #21
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Imagine if the penalty that may be awarded to the transgressors (is that a word?), included a spell from the coming rounds?

If a team was unsure of how it was going to pay the $150K fine per car for not turning up, per meeting, as they could no longer afford to compete, there is the opportunity for said team to end up in a hole for $1.5Mil+.

A possable $250K fine is maybe a cheap way out, trade off some of the fine for a longer suspension from the championship, buy yourself more time to try and gain more sponsors.

What is the story with Holy Grail? Another ICS?
Old 27 Aug 2004, 14:08 (Ref:1079187)   #22
Scott75
Veteran

Scott75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely a driver is insured for this type of thing, ie crashes, it is motorsport where crashes do happen and quite often. Team Dynamic are clutching at straws. Trouble seems to follow Mr.Wills.
Old 27 Aug 2004, 23:59 (Ref:1079622)   #23
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Dynamik arent clutching at straws.... if a contract with another party states that recovery for damages can be claimed from the other party, and the costs involved are significant, why shouldnt they take the other party to court, to determine the validity of the contract, and therefore recover monies owed....

It is more likely than not that the situation will be settled on the court steps, but in the world of motorsport, machismo seems more important than money in the bank sometimes.

Holy Grail Wines is seriously messy.... the owner of that business is still locked up in a court battle with NAB for the control of his house, and a series of businesses which have cross claims and securities on this property, on crop liens, issues with the branding of the product in the first place.... an a-grade mess...

... so presumably thats why the brand is not on the car any more....
Old 28 Aug 2004, 02:48 (Ref:1079682)   #24
FatBoy
Racer

FatBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Archer
Simon Wills and Team Dynamik, you've just lost a fan!
Agreed Team Dynamik isn't too dynamic these days, but what has Simon Wills done wrong ?? Not flaming, just curious as to why you think he's in the sh!t ??

Cheers,
Paul...

Last edited by FatBoy; 28 Aug 2004 at 02:49.
Old 28 Aug 2004, 05:40 (Ref:1079729)   #25
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Surely Dynamik counter-suing is just an American-style ego trip to make themselves look better than who is suing them.

The NZ crash was a questionable affair....Jason spun and hit a tyre barrier that shouldn't really have been there.

So if Dynamik win, then Jason sues Motorsport NZ and the Pukekohe owners?

Where is the logic? Simon Wills Racing is not looking pretty. They seem to have all the elements and can pull new sponsors in, but it seems to continually "fertilise" on them.

With that much money tied up in a team, you have to wonder for how much longer? Roadships have been advertising in NZ, but it wouldn't generate a significant income increase as Dynamik don't have a profile over here - the colours are black and white to reflect some sort of NZ-ism, but the website says that they are proudly South Australian.

Let's just hope that the chequebook can keep performing as well as the cars.

Having just realised there is more below the advert on the article link, it provides quite an interesting opportunity for other teams if the claim is upheld in court - Suing for future loss of profits and lost sponsorship?

Shiite! Imagine what FPR could go Lowndes et al for?

Who is Race Driver Management?

Last edited by Just Do It!; 28 Aug 2004 at 05:47.